UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #31  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I ate too much chocolate today. My resistance was very weak indeed. But on the plus side I made someone's jaw drop at the gym (she hadn't been for a couple of months but is on the January fitness kick) and was asked by two separate people in completely unrelated conversations whether I was planning to run a half marathon this year Do I look like the sort of person who plans to run half marathons?

No, not at the moment, I'm on holiday for the one I want to run, but I did sign up for a 10k this morning, so I'm definitely still running
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #32  

I'm watching celebrity big brother and watching my life ebbing away.

I signed up for the same run! My trainer at work was all very excited and he's started planning my training program. Scary stuff!

I've had a cr@ppy day at work, it's been really tough. I had a little bit of chocolate today, but about a tenth of what I would have eaten 18 months ago, so I don't care!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:09 AM   #33  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oooh you 10Kers! I'm going to do the Run London one when it comes up! And I'm racing for life at least twice this year!

Had a lovely weights workout last night and baked brownies! (I need a slap forehead smilie!) It's my birthday tomorrow, so I've brought them in for the boys today! I only ate some trimmings and about a teaspoon of mixture! Progress indeed!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:41 AM   #34  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Frus, or is that today now with the time difference? I have no clue since arriving back stateside yesterday evening.

Happy New Year to all...even if it is a tad late

I had a wonderful time at home, froze my bum off especially with the three days of severe minus degrees and sleet and snow, but it was all worth it.

I have been thinking about my wieght, as you do, and have figured out that since joining WW in 2002, and did so well for two years, that 2005 was not a good weigh loss year for me, in fact, it was a gain year all round cos I thought I could eat and eat and do less exercise and it wouldn't affect me... well how wrong was I???? LOTS wrong I say.

So now I'm back in AZ, I have counters filled with Cadbury's teabags and biscuits and my no fat head back on. I bought extra stuff this time home and am sending out care parcels to English friends with most of the stuff, and my family can enjoy the rest.

I actually didn't do too bad with a gain this time while home, three pounds and I recon that was the mince pies with cream that I endulged in each evening and the three lots of fish & chips that we ate, they were bloody scrumptious and I feel quite angelic as I only had two cream cakes, because the bakers thought they should help me out this year with not gaining too badly by closing down for the week between Christmas and New Year

So here's to us all again in another new year time frame, I'm wishing you all and myself and prosperous year, for health wealth and happiness and weight loss or maintenece for all.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:15 AM   #35  

Hellooooooo Chris Just need Cat to post now I hope she's having fun somewhere.

You not like BB Kykaree? I will be watching ALL THE TIME
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #36  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Is Cat missing in action? When was she last heard from? Hellllllllllooooooooo Cat... where are you???? Come back....
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #37  

Week before Christmas she was thinking of giving up her job and going to England!
Old 01-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #38  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Happy Birthday for tomorrow, Frus!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:33 PM   #39  
Gym'll fix it!!

A bit late but HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE Veggie, You were right I did run away to England but I did'nt have to give up my job they let me have the time off so I booked my flight on the 21st and flew on the 21st was well worth the mayhem though we had a blast Christmas in Ramsbottom and New Year in Preston it was funny when I walked into a pub in Preston and hubby was there he came over to me and said "When did you get here?" the funniest sight was of my grandaughter there was an ad on tv for a new comedy show can't remember the name but they were singing "Do you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" by the kittycat Dolls, I started singing along and so did she we were in hysterics. I said to her "Olivia don't forget the sssssss" and showed her how to touch her lips and then her bum and say sssssss she could'nt get that bit only the ssssss bit but she was strutting her stuff alright When I got back from Preston after the New Year the first thing she did was climb onto the kitchen counter and shout "Cath..Do ya?" she is quite the comedian I was heartbroken on the train when I left and was miserable when I got back to Vancouver it was colder than England. When I got back to Victoria it was windy today its a bit foggy out there and grey I want some sun I was surprised at how little I needed my umbrella this time I think it only rained twice it was nippy but we had quite a few bright sunny days anyway the weather did'nt bother me it could have been 40 below for all I cared Chris, I'm glad to hear that you had an equally wonderful time with your family Welcome Back!!
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #40  

Doh, you could have popped into our place for a mince pie!!!! We had Christmas in Rammie too!!!! Glad you didn't have to leave your job, I know how much you love it....................

Nice to have you back.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:43 AM   #41  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello cat!

Had a lovely day yesterday, started off with a nice run in the snow! Came home and had cake! Then lunch in Wagamama with one friend, then off to the cinema to see Match Point with her. I did have Ben and Jerry's but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be!

Then we had a slight shop on High Street Kensington and Dom helped apprehend a shoplifter in WHSmiths - He's a hero!

Then we had dinner in Zizzi which was gorgeous, although I think I talked more than I ate my friend from Uni came with her new boyf, he's lovely a vast improvement! And a couple of other friends, it was great! We were there for nearly three hours!

There's still cake left....

Today I have to oil the bike, blow the tires up and finish writing a website. Oh and shop for more healthy food!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #42  

Welcome back Cat I haven't been on the net for a whole day my bruv is here and Big Brother is on...
Old 01-09-2006, 12:27 PM   #43  
Pending Email Confirmation

Oh Cat you where in the North of England!

I am thinking of heading back to the gym.. well NO I am heading back to the gym... {{{Be+}}} I just have to pick up some new trainers...
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 216/193.5/130

Well poo!

My belly dancing class tonight has been cancelled
WillowFae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:27 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Wow, that sounds like so much fun!

When we were on holiday, we saw a fantastic belly dancer who looked like a lithe 20 yr old. It turns out she was 47 with a grown up son.

I was very suprised not to recieve tassles and a few belly dancing lessons from by BF this Xmas!
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote