UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-02-2005, 06:36 AM   #1  
piddy77

S/C/G: 336/280/252

Height: 6ft 2ins

Question newbie here!

hi all

Have just booked in for my first sureslim 'free' consultation next Saturday and wondered if anybody had heard any 'bad' things about the comapny before i part with my hard earned money!...or whether anybody knows if it works as I could only find their official websites online..

hope to hear from you

Neil
piddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 08:19 AM   #2  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Neil

A colleague paid for a Sureslim course and she commented that it worked out really expensive, though as she managed to lose quite a bit of weight she was happy to stump up the fees. Unfortunately she's regained most of the weight, so I think their claim that their methods lead to permanent weight loss are pure hype - their recidivism rates are probably the same as any other weight loss organisation. Having said that, if the 'tailored' approach appeals to you, maybe it's the diet for you!

Good luck with the plan, and don't forget to post your progress here - we're always happy to learn about new plans and programmes, and we love to applaud people's successes!

Welcome aboard

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:37 AM   #3  

Hi Neil I don't know if it works, it probably does if you stick at it like any diet plan. That's my problem actually sticking to things... please come back and tell all about it if/when you go.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:19 PM   #4  

I had never heard of sureslim, and I have done a good google search and found lots of "unofficial" stuff on message boards..........and 90% of it is positive!!! Your always going to get people for whom something like that doesn't work, coz in the end, it's all down to motivation and not eating outside your plan.

It does worry me when websites don't put the price on their plan, and it seems from what I have read that it's expensive. Have you tried anything yourself yet? Quite a lot of us are doing our own plans, exercising and eating healthily, and using the support on here. I decided to try this first, then look at joining something if I didn't have the success I was looking for. Fortunately I have been fine, and have lost 25 kilos this year, which was my mini-goal for my first 12 months.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 12:49 PM   #5  
piddy77

S/C/G: 336/280/252

Height: 6ft 2ins

Default I'm just a guy!

thanks kykaree and friends for your help...the one big problem is that i am a guy...and you know how us men have no willpower (now i'm going to get lots of guys shouting at me!)...so i have found that i have to have someone sit in front of me and tell me what to do...so sureslim seems to be the ideal answer but i will tell you all more after the appointment on Saturday
piddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:05 PM   #6  

I'll tell you what to do and only charge you half as much And for your info, I don't know anyone who relies on willpower, I certainly don't have any , what I do have is motivation, even when it's tough, and nothing is happening, and I just want to eat sticky toffee pudding until bed time.

Good luck with it, and tell us all the details after your interrogation oh I mean inteview.

There are lots of successful guys on here, Slimmingsi who visits here occasionally (we scare him) and on the 100 lb club there are quite a few like frenchiepolarbear and howie (whose shrinkage is nothing short of amazing, his avatar is a picture of him and his wife in his old fat pants)

Don't be a stranger and do update us from time to time!!!! Enquiring minds want to know!
Old 10-03-2005, 01:33 PM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Sureslim Nope, never heard of it!

I'm sure it's as good as anything else on the market if you stick to it!

Kyk, can I have some of your motivation - I've looked in my motivation bag and it seems to be empty :
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #8  

Is it shakes? Or meals? I was looking at the website of a swanky meal delivery company (Silhouette Chefs) the other day. Danni Minogue uses them apparently Only £30 a day That has nothing to do with sure slim I'm just rambling.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:26 AM   #9  

Sureslim doesn't give much away on its website. What I know about it is that they do blood tests to determine your level of glucose tolerance (they forward all your blood tests to the gp) that the first stage of the program is a "detox" and then its basically a healthy eating program with lots of (expensive) support. It's a low GI diet based on fruits and veggies and good sources of protein, from what I could decipher from the message board posts. It sounds fine and really healthy and positive, but you could do it yourself without too much hassle, I guess some people need to shell out the dosh to give them added incentive to stick to it.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:28 PM   #10  
Gym'll fix it!!

We have it over here but i've never looked at it go to www.sureslim.ca to see some fantastic before and after pics and there is a guy on there too
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote