UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 02:23 PM   #61  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Good luck!

I booked a christmas shopping trip to Edinburgh today. Planning very far ahead as usual, but the tickets were dead cheap and I didn't think they'd be available for long...

I'm hoping it's before the office party and that I can spend the entire day looking for a slinky dress to wear and show off lots of toned flesh in
Old 09-13-2005, 04:24 PM   #62  

ooooooo your shopping trip sounds like fun!

I went to my first weigh in and lost 5 1/2 pounds so very pleased with myself!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:55 PM   #63  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Well done miss colesef!

YP - slinky shopping WOOO!

I have been offered the opportunity to follow a "fast-track" black belt course in kickboxing so that I can become a teacher! I am chuffed to say the least!

Apart from that, nothing much happened today. Oh some guy shouted at me for buying petrol, but he was a and I proved him completely wrong in the end!
Old 09-13-2005, 05:11 PM   #64  
Gym'll fix it!!

See We knew you could do it Well Done!

Hiya Janey..you're doing great

Got an email from my daughter this morning she wrote that Olivia had picked up the phone in the bedroom and somehow dialled 999!!! then said "Burger, Chips and Pizza" she'd obviously seen her parents doing it (ringing a takeaway I mean not calling the police) the cops came around to the house investigating an abandoned call how embarrassing!

Got a phone call earlier offering me the job i'd been for and informing me of the hourly wage the pay is terrible it pays even less than any other of the pathetic jobs i've held while living here it really is disgraceful what these people think they can get away with I told hubby and he told me to tell them to off! and tell them I want more plus full time hours (they only offer part time to get out of paying benefits) I said what good will that do? they'll just get someone else i'm quite disappointed now but what can you do? i'll go and have a chat with her anyway because we all have to go to a meeting on friday from 3pm to 10pm and if its not paid then I think they can st*ff it
Old 09-13-2005, 05:13 PM   #65  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oooh..good for you Frus some guy shouted at you for buying petrol? why?
Old 09-13-2005, 05:55 PM   #66  

Well done miss colesef

Cat we are in the middle of a panic petrol buying mood in the country at the moment.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:51 AM   #67  
aka Superwoman!

Two words: Ow and Ow! I appear to have busted something in my neck/shoulder this morning by doing... erm, nothing! I now smell of deep heat. So does the toilet!

Petrol story - Well since I am a motorcycle, the front pump was free, but no-one could get to it, cos the car behind was blocking the way as the person was paying. So I nipped in to use the pump in front, so as not to hold up all the people behind me and to help the queue move faster. The guy behind the stationary car was not amused! He told me to get back in the queue! I said that I was helping the queue move by using the pump. Then after I'd finished filling up, the car blocking the way was still there, so I walked up to the guy who shouted at me and said, "Please, feel free to use the pump. But you still can't get past!" I was really wound up by that! I got in the shop and was shaking like a leaf! What a
Old 09-14-2005, 11:24 AM   #68  

Frus, you could have said that if he wanted to make something of it to get out of his car and then you could have kickboxed his butt all over the forecourt. (well, maybe in an ideal world)

At least you spoke up for yourself and hopefully made him realise what a complete t*sser he made of himself.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #69  

Cat,your hubby is so right tell them to off it seems to me that a woman of your intelligence and capabilities would be an asset to any company and should be paid accordingly.

Fantastic
Your wee lassie Olivia has definitely got the right idea sometimes burger,chips and pizza are emergencies!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #70  
aka Superwoman!

Yes I was toying with the idea of saying that I needed the kickboxing practice!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:19 PM   #71  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Petrol panic seems to have died down here, one of the petrol stations was getting a delivery as I drove past and one of the others seemed to have petrol but no queues. I wouldn't have bothered getting in some of the queues I saw yesterday (but I didn't have to as the petrol station was empty and queue free at 6.30am on the way to the gym )

I've made an appointment for my fab 5 stone haircut on Saturday, I want to get something shorter, flickier and cooler than I have at the minute to show off the face that is starting to emerge from beneath the mass of hair. Except I'll probably walk in, chicken out and come back with exactly what I already have but neater. Suppose it will serve me right for doing it a couple of pounds early, but it desperately needs doing and I'm too impatient to wait til I get to 5 stone gone. I just need to make sure I get there now to make sure I earn it properly
Old 09-14-2005, 02:40 PM   #72  
Gym'll fix it!!

Awww Shush

Frus, I saw something on the news about petrol in the UK there was a lot of trucks lined up and some woman pointing and shouting at some guy in his car and she was'nt wishing him Good Luck it was'nt you was it Frus? NO IT WAS'NT i'd have recognised you and your

I like the sound of your flickier new do YP go for it..You deserve it now!

Last edited by cat90; 09-14-2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:16 PM   #73  

YP I do that at the hairdressers all the time, I always come out with a bob.

I may go back to fat club tomorrow I dunno. First time I did great, 3 stone in 3 months then second time I did 3 pounds in 3 months.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:18 AM   #74  

Veggie,
I'm with you on the hairdresser thing. I've pretty much had the same style for 15 years I think if i asked the hairdresser to suggest something that suits me he/she might just say "a paper bag."
Old 09-15-2005, 11:40 AM   #75  
aka Superwoman!

I have a total paranoia about hairdressers - after about 20 years I've finally got my hair under control and they haven't got the first CLUE about how it behaves with BLOW DRYING or TEASING or any other form of touching!

As for the cut, well I ended up spending lots and lots and lots once for a "curly haired expert" and I watched her do it and I thought - I can do that at home! So I do!

I do like going for some colour occasionally though - although Dom doesn't like it, but someday I will get it dyed black or ginger! Just for the crack!

Also, I did think about shaving my head recently, cos all my hair ever does is get in the way! I hardly ever wear it down and curly. Then I thought it might make me look a bit butch - kickboxing, weightlifting, motorbike, shaved head, Doc Martens...

Maybe one day I will shave it off! I'll have to start wearing hats though cos I'll be so cold!
Closed Thread