UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 09:30 AM   #1  

Talking July chat

Another inspired titled thread.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:33 AM   #2  

Soooooooooooooooo... Live 8 tomorrow I'll be watching all day and all night probably unless something happens in the big brother house I saw a make poverty history car flag yesterday that's fancier than a wristband. Do other countries have the wristbands or is it just us?
Old 07-01-2005, 09:42 AM   #3  

Talking

Ooh I've been editing in smilies for the thread titles it make the forum look pretty!
Old 07-01-2005, 04:06 PM   #4  
Gym'll fix it!!

Ain't seen anything on sale for Live8 but its on telly starting at 7am in the morning me thinks you are bored today Veggie
Old 07-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #5  
flour-powered

It's my daughter's twentieth birthday today. She's back from university for the summer holidays.

She's lost about a stone and a half during the academic year, (missing Mum's cooking), and changed shape from a 14top16bottom to a 12top12/14bottom. I took her clothes shopping as a birthday treat and she bought some really skinny jeans and strappy summer tops. She looks fabulous and I am so thrilled for her. She's had all the usual teenage angst about weight and spots etc. and today she has spent the whole day with a cheesy grin.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:21 PM   #6  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well, Good for Her Steph
Old 07-02-2005, 09:44 PM   #7  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Watched Live8.. was enjoyable.. VH1 were pretty good by showing me loads of London. Everyone seemed to enjoy it... Hannah's mad at me, cos if we'd have stayed in NJ, we would have been able to go to the Philly one ( wouldn't have minded seeing JBJ, his is CUTE)!

Need to go and do some cleaning, having friends arrive Monday... need to pretend I'm not the slob I really am and didn't sit around all day long watching history in the making
Old 07-03-2005, 03:14 AM   #8  

I've been shopping, for my reaching 100 kilos treats, got some lovely sandals at Dorothy Perkins, had never darkened the door there, they were £7, compared to the £35 ones I had seen everywhere else!!! And a juicy tubes lip gloss, Kath and Kim dvd, a pull buoy (for swimming) and a pair of ugly speedo goggles to see if they help the eye situation, coz I am NOT giving up my swimming!!!
Old 07-03-2005, 03:11 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

Nice one Kyk

I watched some of Live8 as well Chris..I must say UK knows how to party it was without doubt the best of the lot!

I've been sorting out my closet..I need to downsize (in more ways than one ) and I found 65 pairs of shoes,boots and sandals in there I put them all out on the floor and hubby took one look and said "why have you got all that lot? its bloody ridiculous" Whats up wi' 'im A girl needs her shoes, right? there is 55 pairs on this pic..anybody need some?

Last edited by cat90; 08-20-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #10  

Love the shoes Cat, I must show my hubby as he thinks I have too many shoes, but not compared to you I haven't!

He built me a shoe cupboard a few years ago, originally it was for us both, but my shoes have kinda taken over, and I've a pair on order from Landsend & there's no room left in the cupboard (his all now consigned to the wardrobe) - what's a girl to do
Old 07-03-2005, 09:17 PM   #11  

I want a hubby who'll build me a shoe cupboard

Or even one who can fix the leaky tap in the bathroom would do!!
Old 07-04-2005, 03:17 AM   #12  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

LOL @ Imelda Cathy... I have a closet full of shoes, mostly sandals though, I'll have to try and line 'em up and count them one day...
UKer's do know how to party... we were def the best for Live8

4th July celebrations here tomorrow.. now today as it's past midnight... won't be a good point day, hamburgers hot dogs, cheesecake, and such.... and the wedding is in less than a week, I better starve myself after tomorrow...
Old 07-04-2005, 07:11 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone!

I have moved... We have the trendiest apartment EVER! But at the moment it's a trendy apartment that's full of JUNK!

I have PUT ON WEIGHT! I don't know how much, but my jeans are tight! I've decided to potter on the scales once a month! I've also started weight training and doing the "6 small meals a day" thing! So far it's working... I only started at 7am!

I am going to lift some weights this evening when I get home from WORK! OMG! It's my first day, I feel sooooo old and responsible! But I'm looking forward to having 5pm to 10pm to myself, with no homework to do! No assignments! No stress! No e-mails!

MissKylee, your little puddy tat looks sooooooo cute! I wish I could have mine with me, but our ginger tom, who was really mine, took off one day after he went to live with Dad, but Dad moved back home (V complicated...) and I never saw him again. We were going to look after Mum & Dad's little long haired silver tabby puss but we can't really do that very well on the 9th flr!

Nothing else new to report, apart from our new house is round the corner from a POSH Waitrose supermarket that puts stickers on its bananas that say where they were grown! MADNESS!

Oh despair! I feel like my foray into the working world is stretching out in front of me with no end! It's going to be like this till retirement....... Oh NOOOOOOOOOOO! I guess I'm gonig to have to find new hobbies! I'm going to start horse riding when I'm settled and have been paid! There's stables just round the corner from us!

Oh yeah the shoes... I have 1 HUGE green Tesco delivery box full, one smaller box and a boot box that holds about 6 pairs of shoes! I haven't counted them. I'm to scared!

Last edited by 2frustrated; 07-04-2005 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

He-he-he I see i'm not alone with my shoe fetish I had to throw some out when the count got to 80 Pairs Where did they all come from?

Chris, I can see the fireworks go off (just) in Port Angeles (on a clear night) from my house so I'll have my binoc's out ready

Hiya "Posh" Frus wondered why you were so quiet

Had a rough nights kip so up really early this morning 5am and i'm still not back at work so it will be a long day. I'm going to have a go at burning some home movies onto disc for Jacqui so that should take up some time
Old 07-05-2005, 09:33 AM   #15  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Cat, your little grandaughter is such a sweetie! BLESS!

I just thought everyone would like to know, that I've just eaten a cheesey oatcake, with a nice slice of sweaty mozzarella on it! MMMmmmmmm sweaty cheese! I have another one and another slice to go! I'm trying to build up the courage!

Ho hum! My little bikie's a bit poorly! There's no charge left in the battery... I think it might have run dry either that or a lead's come off somewhere! I'll have to limp home with no indicators! WHOOPS! I could ask the dudes in the workshop for a screwdriver and have a look, but they might think I'm just silly! Hehehehehe!
Closed Thread