UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 02:12 PM   #31  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

The marathon it is then.

Although, in all seriousness, I'm very close to signing up for a 10k in September. 10 and a bit weeks to prepare for it. Should be do-able?

In fact, sadly, my main concern is that I've already squeezed everyone I know dry for sponsorship money, I'd be wasting a place if I sign up and don't collect much money. It's not even the distance that's bothering me!

I am a little concerned at the enthusiasm everyone I know is showing for getting me to sign up for it. Are they just trying to kill me?

Edit - I'm so close to signing up that I've just clicked the confirm button. Oh god. What have I done?

Last edited by YP1; 07-07-2005 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:51 PM   #32  

Very proud of you, YP1 - you are doing so well to be considering doing something like that, and aside from it being a sponsorship thing, I think just participating is doing your bit!!

*big hugs to you*
Old 07-08-2005, 04:37 AM   #33  
In over my head

My sister in New York called me last night and said my mum had an abnormal pap smear. She was in hospital yesterday having a cervical biopsy to find out if it's indeed cancer or not. The results aren't back yet but I'm kind of in shock. Yeesh, first terrorists bomb London and now this. Someone up there must be having a bit of fun with me, eh?
Old 07-08-2005, 05:44 AM   #34  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

poor miranon, I hope your mum's ok. I've heard that most abnormals are sometimes because they didn't do it right in the first place and only a very tiny portion of the abnormals result in cancer
Old 07-08-2005, 05:57 AM   #35  
In over my head

Thanks 2frus, I've heard that too and I'm hoping that's what happened. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #36  

Miranoron

YP go for it you know you want to
Old 07-08-2005, 01:11 PM   #37  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Miranoron, my sister went through something very similar recently. She had an abnormal smear and they found pre-cancerous cells. She needed a biopsy and then another visit to hospital where they removed the rest of the cells, but has been told that all should be fine long term. I hope you get the same news.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:08 PM   #38  

to you Miranon. I've been through it twice, and both times it's all been fine, to move from Pre-cancerous cells to actual cancer, it's quite a difference and it's a tiny, tiny percentage of women with abnormal, or pre-cancerous cells that get cancer.

Keep your chin-up
Old 07-09-2005, 10:05 AM   #39  

Talking

Happy Birthday to Mazarin

(yesterday oops just saw it on her blog)

and

taichilady

Old 07-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #40  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Very good day today, considering. I was going to a university friend's house for a barbeque and expected to go way off track. I didn't!

First of all some breakfast, then 6k and some weights at the gym. It had got to about 12pm, and we were only meeting up at 2. I worked out we probably wouldn't actually eat much before 3 or 4 so to stave off any overeating later I decided to have a quick spinach and chicken salad before setting off. Then I managed to resist the alcohol offered all afternoon (I was driving, but would usually have one early on to give it time to wear off), drank bucketloads of water (about 6 glasses that were nearly pint sized), then had 2 sausages, 1 spring onion and chicken kebab and 2.5 vegetable kebabs. Yes! I ate more veggie stuff than sausages!

I even controlled my ice cream intake - I just had a small spoon full.

Today was never meant to be a day for watching what I ate too carefully, and I'm ecstatic that I managed to get away with that little damage on something that was always going to be dangerous.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:19 PM   #41  
In over my head

Well done, YP!
Old 07-10-2005, 05:22 PM   #42  

You're doing so well YP, well done. I swum for two hours, proper swimming for an hour, then mucking about for an hour, more talking than swimming!!! Was going to go back to the gym this afternoon, but decided to ahve a break. Been to the gym 6 days out of seven this week.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:21 AM   #43  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I am in work far too early! 8:05!!! We don't start till 8:30! I'm so eager! LOL

Been sales shopping for stuff for our new flat this weekend. Was going to buy a corset as well for clubbing next weekend. I tried one on in this goth shop in Camden, and the guy there laced me in good and tight! It was obscene! I would've bought it but the style wasn't quite what I was after, might have a look on ebay!
Old 07-11-2005, 09:48 AM   #44  

We want pictures!!! I had a quiet weekend, just gym, swimming etc etc. I've not lost any weight this week and getting rather grumpy about it.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:41 AM   #45  

Yes we want obscene pictures.
Closed Thread