UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:30 PM   #16  
Gym'll fix it!!

I'd ask for the screwdriver hope you get it fixed Frus I don't fancy your cheesy oatcake with sweaty cheese on it I'm GOING to treadmill in a min before I have brekky which will be frozen blueberry pancakes I think or a ham ommlette I MUST exercise though..so make sure that I do
Old 07-05-2005, 03:24 PM   #17  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'm feeling proud of myself. I got back off holiday at 4.30am and had to work today. But I didn't resort to eating rubbish, no I went to the 24 hour tesco at 4.35am to get healthy supplies, and then even managed to go to the gym before work. Oh how I've changed.

Race for life tomorrow, so I'm trying to get a fairly early night to catch up on some sleep.

I bought some lovely new hair straighteners as a reward for getting to some goal or other. I haven't decided which yet, as I make so many mini goals for myself, but I'm sure I've earned them. I couldn't use them this morning as I had to get an adaptor for them (damn Spanish plugs, but still worth the extra £3 to get them cheaper in the first place), but I'm all sorted to have lovely straight hair now.

The scale this morning showed a different (higher) figure to the one on my ticker (217 this morning), but I always like to give it a week after getting back to get rid of any water or temporary random gain, so I won't update it just yet. And hopefully I won't need to

And anyway I'm happy, I wore those size 16 jeans constantly on holiday, just because I could
Old 07-05-2005, 03:49 PM   #18  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good for you YP

I did go on my treadmill and now its 10 to 1 and I still have'nt had anything to eat and ain't my stomach telling me so it looks like i'll be having the ham ommlette for lunch and boy will I enjoy it
Old 07-06-2005, 04:56 AM   #19  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Ooh yummy! Ham omlette!

I had a strange strange thing last night... Basically it was banana flavoured American Breakfast Pancakes, but made with the strangest things! I've been reading the stumptuous website for weight training! (Although I've still to pick up a dumbell... ) Anyway, so these pancakes were made with beaten eggs (ok) cottage cheese (HMMMMMMMMMM) a banana and porridge oats!!!! It was completely bonkers! But it tasted luvverly and not at all like cottage cheese! He he he!

I'm going to try and get to kickboxing on Thurs I hope I hope I hope! I wanna go, but am getting majorly tired from 2 hours on the motorbike every day! OUCH! Maybe when I've settled into my routine a bit more I won't be so tired!
Old 07-06-2005, 07:53 AM   #20  
aka Superwoman!

Go London
Old 07-06-2005, 08:50 AM   #21  

YAY I am shocked we never get anything.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:08 PM   #22  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Yay indeed. Always nice to get one over on the French

Anyway, I'm on at the moment. I did Race for Life in 28 minutes 37 seconds. Check the exercise thread for more details as I'm too tired to type it again!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:35 PM   #23  

Very exciting, I loved it when Sydney had the Olympics. I must say I was a bit shocked today when I did the maths, by the time we get the limpics, I will be 40 I say 40!!!!! I thought I might put my name down to be a volunteer, how cool would that be??? YP1 might be in the marathon, and frus might be in the kickboxing if we can get that to be a demonstration sport, start the lobbying now peoples!!!

Congratulations on the run YP1, you're my heroine!!! Even though I hate you. Oh and if you haven't tried them there are some really good low fat dressings out, there is a fat free Kraft tomato and basil, lovely on pasta, and a Kraft cucumber and yoghurt, which is gorgeous!
Old 07-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
Congratulations on the run YP1, you're my heroine!!! Even though I hate you.
Poor YP1.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:11 PM   #25  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well Done YP

Yeh, you're right Veggie..England never gets owt but you have now

Oooh, its after 5pm and I have'nt exercised yet why did'nt I do it this morning i'm much better getting it over with first thing maybe its cuz I had yet another rough nights sleep and then when I finally fell asleep I was wakened by a loud crash at 5am the ironing board that I had set up in my bedroom fell over from all the weight of the clothes that i've been meaning to iron for days took me hours to get off again and then I felt like crap when I got up at 10.30am..never again..I never stay in bed until that time and i've had backache all day i'm going to treadmill though..I AM..I AM
Old 07-06-2005, 09:49 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP1
Yay indeed. Always nice to get one over on the French

Anyway, I'm on at the moment. I did Race for Life in 28 minutes 37 seconds. Check the exercise thread for more details as I'm too tired to type it again!
That's AWESOME, YP1 - yay you!!!

And about getting one over the French.... yep, can totally understand the sentiment. i'm a new zealander (won't be mentioning the lions' tour) and NZ people in general.... aren't fans of the French (nuclear testing, bombing of rainbow warrior, 1999 world cup semi).... I could go on. But I wont. Instead I'll focus on HOW AWESOME it is that London got the Olympics. It will be really great for East London, and a really really exciting time.

I'll be *calculates quickly* THIRTY SIX by then
Old 07-07-2005, 01:03 AM   #27  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I'll be 34. Not too bad. But still a bit eek-worthy. Maybe I'll just about be young enough to sneak into the marathon...

Last edited by YP1; 07-07-2005 at 01:14 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:49 AM   #28  

In the Commonwealth games in Kuala Lumpur, an Australian marathon runner called Heather Turland won it, she was 38!!! Marathon runners are often older, you need a bit of life experience and stamina to be a good marathon runner.

http://www.openplanet.com.au/content...s/turland.html (it's a bit religious, it's a catholic magazine that I found, but it was the best interview with her I could find!!!)
Old 07-07-2005, 08:10 AM   #29  
aka Superwoman!

Hahaha I like the idea of being in the Olympic Kickboxing! Yay me! Hahahahaha

I'll be 29 GULP! That's grown-up!

Went to see Jack Dee last night with Lee Mack, and some irish dude whose name I can't remember but was all very good!
Old 07-07-2005, 08:13 AM   #30  

I hate you all, you are all far too young. Oh well today in London bit different from yesterday I see on the news.
Closed Thread