UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:45 AM   #1  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Question OK Who talked?

Has anyone else noticed the amazing number of new members recently leaping in glorious technicolour all over our beautiful forum?

Can I just say Welcome one and all, and could you do me a favour?

Kick my bum when I get lazy and I promise not to laugh when when you sneak one too many chocolates
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:32 PM   #2  
flour-powered

Will do, Stef. So how are you doing today? Hmmm?
stephmcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:26 PM   #3  

I love new members.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:01 PM   #4  

I love new members

Particularly since I AM one

*claps*
*cheers*

*does a happy dance*

Last edited by MissKylee; 07-04-2005 at 09:26 PM.
MissKylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:19 AM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

for stef.. Just because!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:37 AM   #6  
Zeb

Default I was wondering ...

if anyone could tell me what it feels like to have lost a good amount of weight ? Say about 10 kilos or more ? Can you breath and move more easily ? Back ache less?
Now this sounds like a mega sad thing to say but I have forgotten what it felt like to be thin or to feel thin.

When I go walking and take a rucksac with say 4-5 kilos in it it seems very heavy and really to make a difference yet putting on 5 kilos (or more) goes so slowly that you don't notice it (but its there of course !)

for the inspiration.
Zeb
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:59 AM   #7  

When I have lost 50 pounds/22 kilos I feel much better, less back ache and more energy etc. I certainly wasn't thin after losing that amount though!
Old 07-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #8  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

But you were THINNER Veggie

Zeb, I got down to my lowest weight in about 15 years last year, 192... however I've been a pig again for the past year and am 20 lbs heavier and I DON'T like it... I felt great at 192.. had loads of energy and nothing ached whatsoever. I'm on the plan (apart from today) again to hit that weight and lower again...

Join us often and we'll back you up in whatever you need help in. Welcome.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:35 PM   #9  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Zeb, I've lost 28lbs so far, and while I'm far from thin (I have another 70-odd lbs to lose) I'm definitely feeling the benefits already. I have loads more energy, my knees ache less, and I haven't been getting the heartburn that I always used to get when I lay in bed. Plus Kim says I snore less too, so he's happier as well!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:11 PM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

Helllllllllllooooooooooooooo this place is so great, I only wish I'd found it ages ago, I'd be thinner now! lol **okay one can dream**

I seem to be feeling so motivated about this weight loss challenge this time around! all I can say is

BRING IT ON!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:29 PM   #11  
Zeb

Thanks, all those aches and pains seem to crep up and its easy to put them
down to age when really I know they are not. I'm afraid I 'am still at the stage of trying to get motivated. I was coming to the conclusion that the easiest way to add 10 kilos was to start a diet, OK I lost 3-4 kilos at first but then wham bang, my motitavion faltered and whooosh on they all marched. So after a while I was getting scared to start a diet (or weightloss regime, or healthy eating plan ...) Lor, these smilies are as addictive as Flakes

So lately (in another attempt to get motivated) I have bought a hypnotism CD, and a very interesting big book by Raj Persaud about motivation. The book that speaks to me most if the Eat to Live diet - being veggie yearning to be vegan it makes sense. Vegan's cant be fat right ? (I bet I could be !)
Maybe if I buy enough prompts the lbs will fall off (well the pounds do! )

Dippy Chip do you mean you use an urban trampoline thingie ? They seem very popular now but would it end up next to that dusty exercise bike in the bedroom hiding behind the weights ?

Zeb
Old 07-04-2005, 06:50 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarin
Helllllllllllooooooooooooooo this place is so great, I only wish I'd found it ages ago, I'd be thinner now! lol **okay one can dream**

I seem to be feeling so motivated about this weight loss challenge this time around! all I can say is

BRING IT ON!

Ooh you in Bolton? Hurrah another North West person.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:38 AM   #13  

Bolton!!!!! Crikey, virtually a next door neighbour!!! I'm in Ramsbottom!

I've lost 20 kilos so far, and feel quite different, certainly more comfortable and more energy, but I still have 40 odd kilos to go!!!!! Arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Not one of my more positive days today, one of those days when I feel fat and frumpy and that the weight is never going to come off. Ah well.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:38 AM   #14  
In over my head

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb
The book that speaks to me most if the Eat to Live diet - being veggie yearning to be vegan it makes sense.
If you like starches, you might want to consider a somewhat similar diet by Dr John McDougall. From what I've read, ETL can leave you feeling unsatisfied because you're allowed very few starches. That has lead some people to binge on nuts and fruit, which I don't believe is restricted, and gain weight.

I'm following Dr McDougall's "12 Days to Dynamic Health" and have lost 35 lbs in 2.5 months. I love it because I can eat as much as I want--no counting calories, no measuring portions, etc. Oh, and my grocery bill has been chopped down by almost 75%. There's more information on exactly what the plan entails here, or just send me a PM and I'll tell you all about it.
miranoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:46 AM   #15  
Zeb

Thanks for that link Miranoron, thats really intersting. I'd seen mention of McDougal in ETL book in fact, it was praised there so it must be good. I'll take a good look.
Binge on Fruit is my middle name
Zeb