UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 12:25 PM   #76  

Hello girlies...

Its been a real stress-filled week for me which has thankfully come to an end.

Mum was ambulanced into hospital early Monday morning with heart failure. She is a real hospital phobic and gets so disorientated and distressed whilst she is in. Thank goodness she is out now.

Holly my westie has also been ill this week...going out first thing in the morning to eat grass so she can throw it all up. Aaaaaaargh!! I took her to the vets on Friday where she had an antibiotic injection and had a temperature of 104!! So I had to starve her again and take her back again yestertday. Her temperature had come down a bit to 102, and her abdomen was no longer tender on palpation and she was a lot like her normal self...all desperate to get off the table and being a real scaredy-dog.!! So I have to give her three days worth of oral antibiotics starting from tonight. That'll be fun!!! However she does seem a lot better in herself tonight and has eaten her dinner and has been in and out of the garden all day.

Not that it has been very nice out there today. It has been very chilly and grey and no sun shine at all. I relented to putting the central heating on for a couple of hours whilst I went for my afternoon sleep...

And on top of all this it is 2 weeks 2 days till I go to Scotland (comingTootoot!!!) mother has decided she doesn't think she feela capable of looking after Holly so I need to make other arrangements for the 2 weeks I am away.... Ah well such is life. It would be very boring with it all going swimmingly...he he he!!

Hoipe everyone is ok. Welcome back YP from your holiday!! Well done on all the lossess!!
Old 06-12-2005, 01:29 PM   #77  

Sorry to hear about your Mam and your doggy Teel. Are doggies not allowed in Scotland? I'm sure she'd like a holiday.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:56 PM   #78  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Take the doggy! Teel have you heard from Linus? How's she doing? Is she a big big bump yet?

Just had sticky toffee pavlova for dinner
Old 06-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #79  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP1
Even though it's not a date, more of a matey thing, it's so long since I've been out for a drink with a bloke I don't know quite what to expect and I'm all flustered!
Not a date, huh? I went on "not a date" with a mate from the 'Net and we're celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary in a couple of months.

Be careful out there!
Old 06-12-2005, 02:44 PM   #80  

Stop picking on YP1 you lot, hope you had a good time at the pub with your new male friend, I like boys as friends (as partners they drive me demented) In fact nearly all my close friends are boys, and a lot of them are gay. And very camp gays at that, lots of fun, except they take ages to get ready if you go out with them.

Nurse teel, sounds like you have your hands full of patients, good time to get thee to Scotland!!!

Frus, I am going to charge you a pound for everytime you post about a nice dessert you have just eaten, the way you are going, I will have enough at least for my Wheels & Doll Baby t-shirt when I reach goal!!! In about 5 years time!!!!!

I am weighing in tomorrow, and not looking forward to it. The scales are just not shifting. It's the weight training, it has speeded up things with my body, my new thin clothes (hah how many people refer to a size 22 as thin clothes!!! LOL) are now loose on me, so I know I am losing fat, just not lbs. Scales be damned I say!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 03:33 PM   #81  
aka Superwoman!

Oh but it wasn't really all that high in calories kyk, just 266 for a quarter of the big cakey thing! I thought I'd treat myself after all that housework! After all, it's my hips they're going on too!
Old 06-12-2005, 05:00 PM   #82  

Hurrumph thou doth prosteth too much. A pound it is, I shall put my pay pal details in my sig line for you to make your donation!!!! LOL

Only joking, I am sure deserve it! I hate cleaning before moving.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:09 PM   #83  
aka Superwoman!

He he he! I'll be skint, what with my 50p's for every "good" day!

mmmmph mmmm mmmm mpphhhh ECCLES CAKE!

See, I just can't help myself!
Old 06-12-2005, 05:20 PM   #84  

I live next door to a bakery that makes Eccles Cakes, how cruel is that???? I adore them and have had ONE in the last 6 months!!!!!!!!!

I made frittata (italian version of a spanish omelette) with fennel, mushrooms, peppers, and bacon, it was really yummy and on plan. I even had bread (once a month treat!!! I'm sensitive to wheat)
Old 06-12-2005, 05:28 PM   #85  
Away with the faeries....

Talking I want eccles cake now!!!

What a mad weekend???

Think I ate my body weight in digestive biscuits in about half an hour! Oh heck!

Its been a wee bit stressy. The flat im living in has had a sewage leak so the cellar is full of.... well sewage. We cant flush the chain or use the drains at the moment. Luckily I live on the first floor.... thus comes my karma. I was so excited that my room doesnt smell of poo and wasnt on the ground floor that I wasnt expecting a letter to be plopped through my door telling me that the day I come back from holiday 14 days of building work will begin on my walls because of the dry rot. I will be moved to a 'wardrobe' which the landlord comically refers to as the 'spare room' to slowly go mad Have to move else people make tea in the kitchen will me able to see me sleep... la la la! Worse of all... I wont be able to use my internet access so added to my holiday - thats 24 days without going on line what am I going to do without you guys? I'll have to be sneaky at work!

Had to leave the gym early this evening, Now I do have a good excuse! Does anyone else find that going to the gym in the evening gives you earth-shattering wind??? I got the giggles from the looks I was getting from people behind me so just admitted defeat and went home to inflict my wind to my bedroom - ha ha ha I have no shame! Got so bad at one point my boyfriend came into the room and was about to turn on the light - shouted NO! in a 'transco' gas advert way (if you smell gas - do not switch on the light). Alas my humour was wasted on him and received a very worried look I however laughed until I cried.

Sorry I went off on a rather crude tangent there - have a great week folks
Cat x
Old 06-12-2005, 05:39 PM   #86  

I am just so glad someone else thinks farts are funny. I always giggle at the gym, the cross trainer is the worst!!! All that jiggling about, at least ours are against the wall LOL!!!!

I nearly bought jaffa cakes today, 38p a pack, I had to physically restrain myself. I keep telling myself one or two jaffa cakes would be fine in my daily calories, but we all know it is against the religion of the jaffa cake not to eat the whole pack in one go, so in the shop they stayed!!!

Your sewage nightmare sounds dreadful! We'll miss you!!!! I sneaky peak on 3FC from work, not got caught yet, but it will happen!!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 03:16 AM   #87  

bloody **** what a busy weekend you lot had.............mines was so boring i spent the whole of saturday in my jammies..........didnt even brush my hair just stuck it in a bobble.................sunday i went swimming, but that was about the highlight of my life for the weekend
teel closer to the time i will give you my mobile number and you can let me know exactly when you will be here( need to find out what my number is) im so thick, im loving your signature by the way very exotic looking
Old 06-13-2005, 04:04 AM   #88  
aka Superwoman!

Goth Gal, you will be entitled to a rent reduction! Tell them that and see what they do...

And yes farts are funny! I haven't found out at the gym though!

We are off out to see a tunnel boring machine and then Sin City at the cinema! Tata for now
Old 06-13-2005, 07:09 AM   #89  

frus when you graduate what kinda job you going to get?
Old 06-13-2005, 07:38 AM   #90  

Hello peeps,

Have been in this thread ages ago but have not been on it or 3fc for a while although I do lurk a bit (can you lurk AFTER having posted!?) Anyway I've just finished my final exams for my degree and revision eating means my counter thingy is clearly wrong but I have not weighed in for months! Need to get back into things as I am looking flabby and my clothes are tight.
Closed Thread