UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 11:31 AM   #16  

Yes she is annoyingly thin and good looking.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:46 PM   #17  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Awww shucks you guys!

I don't usually look that good (think flat scraped back hair and no-makeup-just-got-out-of-bed blue circles under eyes!)

The guy who took the picture said, "You scrub up well!" Was that supposed to be a compliment!

BTW those jeans are a 16, not quite skinny yet!
Old 05-03-2005, 01:13 AM   #18  

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me Miss I'm-still-Fat-I'm-a-Size-Sixteen, Ms I'm-so-happy-I'm-in-a-Size-22-I-told-everyone-in-Etam says get with the programme, you are slim and gorgeous so quit your moaning!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 04:15 AM   #19  
aka Superwoman!

Alright chill out! I'm cool, I just don't want to get complacent...
Old 05-03-2005, 09:11 AM   #20  

You tell her!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:15 AM   #21  
aka Superwoman!

The HOBNOBS are calling! AAAAaaaaaargh! Lalala Lalalalala I like fruit, lalala, no chocolate crunchy salty sweety goodness for me.... lalalala apples are nice...

D*mn the EVIL HOBNOBS
Old 05-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #22  
Determined to Lose!!!

Hi Girls

Now that I understand how these posts work I should probably introduce myself properly! :-) My name is Tammara (pronounced like 'camera'). I'm American, living in Preston with my hubby Eric. We moved here about 9 months ago. In that time, I managed to gain weight, get a great job, realise it was a not-so-great-job, then realise if I didn't go I would A - physically harm my manager, B - start gaining more weight from the digestives I was downing to 'cheer myself up' or C - accept my fate as a morbidly obese workplace rebel. I decided to resign.

I now have lots of free time on my hands to search for a new job, exercise, write in my journal and figure out how I allowed myself to waste my twenties thinking a mocha, a brownie, and a night in was a 'good time'.

Now that I'm clearing my head, I'm looking for support. I'm hoping I can use this site to push myself to new heights and pull myself up when I fall down. These days I'm feeling fairly motivated but as I have no UK friends (sniff sniff lol) it can be hard at times. Especially since Eric weighs 10st, has always weighed 10st and is capable of eating 5 sandwhiches in one sitting loaded with butter and mayo!!! Auuuuuaggghhh!!! (and I'm not exaggerating, just jealous!)

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you girls and I hope I can be a good 'buddy'. Any Lancashire/Preston residents here?

BTW Veggie thanks for writing back... I got confused, lost your msgs and couldn't respond!

Good luck everyone!
Old 05-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #23  

I'm about an hour and half from Preston by train. Officially in Cumbria though.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:17 AM   #24  
aka Superwoman!

I have an annoyingly thin Fiance, he can eat a whole packet of cherry bakewells in one go! A WHOLE PACK!

But, vengence is mine! I weighed him last night, and I weighed myself! I'm a whole 2lbs lighter than him! VICTORY DANCE FOR ME! (he's 6'2" however )

The Primark in Manchester is HUGE! I love it! There's a TK MAXX in the same shop too!
Old 05-04-2005, 12:30 PM   #25  

Oh don't my sister dragged me into the Manc tk maxx/primark it was horrible.

Congrats on beating your Fiance. Sounds like a wild night!

Quote:
I weighed him last night, and I weighed myself!
Old 05-04-2005, 12:51 PM   #26  
aka Superwoman!

Oh yeah, what we get up to! Scrabble till midnight... reading in bed, we're mad for it!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:41 PM   #27  

Hey there Big Girl, I am in Ramsbottom near Manchester, so not so far away from you. I am a big girl too, not a lightweight like the likes of miss frus (she'll thump me with a pack of digestives now!!!)

If you want a buddy I am here. I can so relate to a lot of your issues, I came over from Australia three years ago, had three awful jobs, but now am really settled and happy again, and am ready to lose all these pounds that seem to have attached themselves to my body, not sure how they got there!!! Hmmmmmm fish and chips, chinese, curry oh yes it's all coming back to me!!!!

Hang in there chicken, and I'm here if you ever want to chat

Kylie
Old 05-04-2005, 07:21 PM   #28  

I have just eaten many packets of crisps. Election day today! Ooh I can't wait to go and vote.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:31 PM   #29  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls

Hiya Tammara how do you like living in my "home" town is it p..p..pi persistently raining? now thats the only thing that I don't miss do you go out to the pubs? or are you a stay at home gal? I miss gallavanting around the pubs with my mates at the weekend its fun!

Nice Pic Frus have you had your hair cut or is it tied back? How come you're in a size 16? you're four inches taller than me..weigh the same and I'm in a size 14 and some 12's its weird I won't grumble though he-he

I've given up on the supersize me song I can never get those zipped files open I always muck it up

I went to the quacks tonight because my arm is really hurting turns out i've damaged my bicep tendon and need to take anti-imflammatory's and have physio its not covered by medical so if I decide to go ahead..it will cost about $50 a session Damn!
Old 05-05-2005, 04:45 AM   #30  
Determined to Lose!!!

Hi Gals

I do like Preston, not too city, not country, lots of shops... it's great! I moved from a town in Pennsylvania USA called State College, it lies in the valley of the Allegheny Mountains. England aint got nothin' on the rainy habits of that place! I really like the weather here actually. Only issue is there aren't very many jobs here so commuting is a must and of course like Kryk I HAVE NO FRIENDS!!!! lol

Eric and I do like to go out to the pubs every now and then for the atmosphere but because we're cheapskates most times we buy a nice bottle of red, light some candles and make a gorgeous meal together. At home, I rarely cooked because me and my friends were always out and about, hitting this place and that. Those were the days! Friends! (sigh) lol
Closed Thread