UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-20-2005, 02:16 AM   #16  

cat soon the good weather will be upon us (allegedly) so lovely night time strolls could be the making of you..............gone all romanticist this morning
not that ill be doing much night time strolling here in glasgow!!!!!!!!!!! not advisable at all
tootoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 12:22 AM   #17  
Gym'll fix it!!

LOL i've no excuse Toot the sun is here already and what am I doing? decorating the hallway and will be all weekend anyway, i've got my treadmill so i've no valid excuse for not walking i'm just a lazy
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:04 PM   #18  

Week 3: Walk a Little Longer
Time to kick it up a notch! This week, we increase the duration of our walks and stick with the strength training program.
Here's week 3 then - 45 mins a day - eeek, I'm not even managing my 30 mins a day, but I'll keep trying. If I burn off calories with good intentions - God I'd be skinny by now!

happy walking!
xx

Your goal: to up your walking time to 45 minutes a day and continue to aim for at least six workouts a week.

The same rules still apply: You don't have to do your entire walk in one workout. It's OK to split it up into two or even three walks in a day. For instance, you can do a quick 15 minutes on the treadmill first thing in the morning - a great way to rev up the start of your day. You can then do a quick spin around the neighbourhood during your lunch break and finish up with another 15 minutes to walk off your dinner.

Don't forget to practise good technique as you walk - always check your form. Good walking form will serve you well by giving you the stamina you need to go the extra distance. Also, be sure to keep track of your walking time.
MadamDotty is offline   Reply With Quote