UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-08-2005, 09:08 AM   #16  

I want to get back into 3 pairs of beautiful jeans I bought 2 summers ago when I got down to the lowest I've been in years (about 10) when I was 10 stone - I'm determined (well I am today anyway) to get back into them this year. There's one pair I've never even worn as they a bit tight when i got them, but I was doing so well I thought I'd soon fit into them, but it went horribly wrong, the weight started creeping back on again, and I've not re-visited 10 stone since!

Maybe, just maybe (if I can stop eating Green & Black's Organic chocolate - kidding myself it's better than milk choc, but not when you're eating a large bar at a time!!!)
MadamDotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:23 PM   #17  

Default one step forward, two back!!!

Hi
I have been losing and gaining the same couple of pounds for what seems like years!! I did mamage to lose 17lbs at Weight Watchers but it has all slipped back on and now I am trying on my own to lose the pounds without much success.. I need a kick each week to keep going and am finding it hard to keep motivated on my own. How do you stop the evening munchies, any ideas??
carolparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 05:01 PM   #18  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Carol I don't know about stopping the munchies but you could work with them save a hundred or so calories so that you can splurge each night without ruining the diet

Toot "im hoping to fit into something ......anything i can just pick off a rail in an everyday normal clothes shop instead of the plus size side of a store" now come on Toot, at your weight you should have been doing this for ages
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 03:16 AM   #19  

Talking hi every one!!!!!!!

I do not know if either my clothes have mysteriously increased in size or I have decreased in size BUT wow wow wow I can officially fit into a shirt that could not even close when I bought it from MArks and Spencer's 3 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been watching what i eat Properly since Saturday and doing Callanetics since Sat as well and WOW oh WOW oh WOW - If I knew that the Callanetics had such a good result I would have done this years ago...

Now I know I sound like an ad but I can't believe it -anyhow enough blah blah blah
I felt really guilty last night for having 2 bowls of pasta (fresh garlic and chilli) so did an extra long callanetics session and it is the first day since I started that I do not hurt - what a pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It still is not over I have many more dress sizes to go and many more hours of callanetics and gi, you all will help me along my way to fitting into my uber duber slinky jeans by 2 April!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the controlling munchies and stuff, I am not too sure if it is OK with the GI but I have bought some dates and prunes -I am not a fan of dried fruit so when I feel like something sweet and sickly( admittedly I would rather have a Massive MARS bar) but I treat myself to 2 dates and about 4 prunes - not only is it really sweet but it is good for the belly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( u know what I mean!!!)

And tons and tons of water and herbal tea - coffee during the sees me through but if i dare drink a cup after 5 I could try and Yoddle myself to sleep and it would not work!!!!!!!

I am still desperately in need of some new Buddies if anyone is interested???

cheers Lyds
ps. Only friday I am going to brave and post my measurement online so that everyone will be able to see how well I am doing!!!!!!!!!!!(hopefully!)
lyds39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:21 AM   #20  
Yoyo_Munich

Location: Munich Germany nee Preston nee Manchester nee Leeds

Thats fabulous, I know I had the same kind of sucess last year, when I needed some new trousers for work and I went to the hop and found the exact ones I wanted, but they where too tight and looked horrid. But it gave ne the motivation for the next week and I had a really good week so on the same day the next week, i went back and it worked. The same sales woman served me and even she said WOW. I was so so so happy.

Keep going your definitely on a roll

I've never tried callentics, is it really that good?

My next goal is a pair of jeans that I was wearing 3 years ago, I tried them on last week, and just getting to the point were I can fasten the button and pull up the zip, but walking is not possible yet.

I'm really really trying to be good this week, must go and whinge on another thread
yvonne_germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:34 AM   #21  

Yvonne- wow I don't think I've ever noticed that much change in a week!
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:43 AM   #22  

wow that is fantastic!!! Callanetics really does work but I will but my total faith in it on Friday when i measure myself and see the difference on paper, well to be honest it is the greatest workout ever considering you do not even sweat and it is really relaxing!!!But it does hurt the following day!!!

Can't wait till friday !!! Measurement day and most importantly WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!

chat to you later, time for another coffee
Old 03-09-2005, 10:42 AM   #23  
Yoyo_Munich

Thanks.
Its shows though, that sometimes its the inches you lose and others the weight. Personally I have inch loss everytime
Old 03-09-2005, 10:44 AM   #24  

cat......i wish i could say oh yeh just pick this and that up..........but no
im only 4'11 and my weight doesnt sit well on me, and what i have lost has left all this grotesque skin hanging , which disgusts me so much im tempted to fill it all back up with fat
tootoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:34 PM   #25  
Gym'll fix it!!

@ Yvonne, "walking is not possible yet" standing there like a cardboard cutout eh?

Lyds, I've got a callenetics vid i've done it a few times in the past but I do think that it is funny those slow movements and I wonder if i'm doing it right sometimes but she shows you the before and after pics on the vid which is really inspiring considering that one of the women is in her seventies and in better shape than me I might have to take my measurements and then after the 12 or was it 19 sessions? (hours) take them again just to see the difference

Toot, don't do that if you feel that bad you can have surgery like some of the ladies over at ladies who lift have done

Woohoo, i've nearly been on my bike for an hour that went fast! don't think i'm up for an hour of callenetics now
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 05:54 AM   #26  

Well done!! cat90 - I sure could not cycle for 1 hour, Yeh Callanetics is really funny cos you think 'How can this really work - you are not doing anything' But hey it sure does - i am living proof!!!!

I only did half an hour last night as it was getting late but I still did it so i am very proud. Hope you all have a fantastic day and give the callanetics a try it cant hurt (er, well it can - but you know what I mean!!!)

cheers all and remember:
drink lots of water and persevere!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2005, 06:41 AM   #27  

Well done Lyds - what a great achievement, you must be very proud of yourself. I might just have to give this callanetics a go - are you following a book/video?

If you still want a buddy then please feel free to contact me, I'll be glad to support you and take any support you can give me (willpower seriously flagging today).

Take care, have a good day

Jan
x
MadamDotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:32 AM   #28  
Yoyo_Munich

Yeh Toot I agree with Cat, Being small myself I can't carry my weight, and plus I'm certainly bottom heavy.
So sometimes I look in the mirror especially in shop changing rooms and feel really down with the dreaded C word. But it is worth it in the end, its not just about looking good its about health,
What do they usually say losing 10% of your body weight can extend you life expectancy........ Or something like that.
I really trying to tone up as well at the moment and I think that is also affecting my weight loss.

But whatever, if all else fails there's always liposuction

Got my W-In tonight and think I've really blown it, Cos I'm going away for the weekend my boyfriend took me out for a meal last night and I didn't pig, but I didn't really need those 2 pieces of garlic bread and the 2nd glass or wine. But i was really glad I had them. How can you lose weight when your local restraunant has Steak & Baked potato (+ 2 GB) for £5.60 (€7,50) every wednesday and even better Monday is pasta night: a bowl of pasta for £2 (€2.90)

I'm doomed but loving it
Old 03-10-2005, 09:50 AM   #29  
Yoyo_Munich

Oh Lyds I forgot I like your tracker, I didn't see that when i set mine up. Tell me if the callenetics works on your bum and legs, if it does I might have to send off for it. Though we don't have TV in the exercise corner at home.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:23 PM   #30  

thanx, yeh callanetics really works everywhere!!!!!!! I feel that my clothes are fitting me much better and I somehow feel like I have much more energy which is really strange as I seem to do callanetics very late every night before I go to bed but stick with it if you get it it has really changed my life!!!!!!!!!