UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-21-2005, 07:40 AM   #46  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Ouch Willow! Good for the weightloss though, having gallstones

Interim weigh in down 2lbs! (Official weigh in Wed ) But I put 5lbs on, so I'll be working for a few more days to get back down to pre broken toe weight!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #47  

Well done Willow - great loss.

I've stayed the same this week, but I haven't been brilliant, so I'm fine with it, at least I didn't gain. Went to a Christening yesterday, and spent the afternoon in the kitchen, stood next to the chips & dips - oh dear (not sure if they've reached the scales yet, I did hoover up quite a few)

Wantingtobethin - I'm just trying to eat healthily, which, generally is more filling so I don't snack as much (I'm a champion snacker - chips & dips above perfect example, I could snack all day rather than sit down & eat a meal). I tend to have porridge or home-made muesli for breakfast, have fruit and some nuts for my morning snack; soup with wholemeal bread or salad with seeds/nuts for lunch & then usually oat cakes with nut butter or houmous (sp?) for afternoon snack and then a healthy dinner, either fish or chicken or vegetarian thrown together with veggies & rice. And my last snack of the day, but I justify it by calling it dessert is a couple of squares of Green & Blacks choccy - yum. My weight loss on this is very slow but the plan is to get exercising, trouble is I'm not doing very well on the exercise part of it - always full of intentions to start tomorrow

Take care, all the best
MadamDotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:16 PM   #48  

I love houmous I am addicted to it now. I've had it on oatcakes and pitta today. I like to snack too I'm not into big meals (no really!).
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:20 AM   #49  

what does houmous taste like? i cant bring myself to try it and what it is in (fat,carbs, calories) per 100g
i watched some diet programme which called us all day pickers(rather than sit down to normal 3 meal a day) GRAZERS!!!!! which i found really insulting i would rather pick and nibble all day rather than have meals but id never in a million years say im a grazer...............im so on my high horse now, if i could remember which programme it was id bombard them with emails of complaint
tootoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:12 AM   #50  

I love hoummous too, it varies a lot in fat grams depending on whether you make it or buy it and how much oil it contains. I got a low fat one from the co-op this week. It's lovely!! A nutty flavour and quite smooth consistency. I love oatcakes too, especially the ones with cheese in them, that have a lower calorie count that the ones with cheese, go figure????
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:14 AM   #51  

I love Morrisons low fat houmous it's a healthy extra at slimming world.

The tesco reduced fat one I have in fridge is

per 100g

cals 244

carbs 12.9

fat 18.1

of which sat 2.4
Old 03-22-2005, 09:47 AM   #52  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Weighed in yesterday and have lost another pound, so need to lose three by next Mondays goal. Possible I know, so I'll let you know how I did

Well done all LOSERS!!!
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:46 PM   #53  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well Done Chris
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:31 PM   #54  

Well done Chris, another pound lost - best of luck with the next 3.

Houmous - Tesco also do a sun dried tomato one (not low fat I'm afraid ) but it's fab. I sometimes just toast a slice of wholemeal bread and top it with houmous, yum. I'm going to have a go at making my own this weekend - I'll let you know how I get on.
MadamDotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:15 PM   #55  

Lost a big ONE pound at fat club tonight.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:59 PM   #56  
Gym'll fix it!!

Ooops and I just asked how you went on, on the other thread
WELL DONE VEGGIE enjoy the chips and wine
Old 03-25-2005, 09:56 AM   #57  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Well done all you Losing FCUKERS! Sounds like everyone's doing a great job. When I went to regular WW meetings a few years back, they said that Easter and the approach to it is the hardest time for people to lose, and look at us... we're showing 'em

Have we chosen a date for our new challenge yet? I have to be a maid of honour on 9th July... so that would def be a good date for me... or do we need a shorter challenge? I used to do six week challenges and they worked very well... so lets hear some dates then girls.....
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 01:31 PM   #58  

well done veggie
you know chris reading your post...easter being a hard time for us losers............EVERY TIME IS ........xmas, valentines day, mothers day, easter, may day.............now do these days come looking for us and make it hard or do we ourselves make it hard?a 6 week challenge sounds good
how abouts we go for a challenge that takes us to the end of may? a midsummer madness challenge(although its not quite midsummer!)
tootoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:08 PM   #59  

Midsomer murder challenge yes we could have that then maid of honour one.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:08 PM   #60  
Gym'll fix it!!

Down 1lb this week I knew all those easter eggs would slow me down so thats a total of 7.5lbs lost on the Easter Challenge did'nt make my 10 but it is Easter after all will make it for next challenge. When is Whitsuntide? is that what its called? or has it gone? we need one at the end of May/beginning of June