UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:43 AM   #46  

And what about St David's Day? Everyone forgets about us, sniff sniff , we could have some daffodils, or leeks even, I don't mind.

anyway, just to show I don't bear a grudge - HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY

MadamDotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:56 AM   #47  

Oh for Wales I nominate Dafydd

veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:18 PM   #48  

i think its because the american/irish make such a big toodoo over st paddys day......even ireland doesnt go as far as the new yorkers, but its all lovely to be sure , to be sure
tootoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 04:00 PM   #49  

Veggie - of course, how could I have forgotten Dafydd, he should become our new national emblem
MadamDotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 05:43 PM   #50  

At our workplace one of the guys hosted a St Davids day fundraiser, with daffodils and a leek on his desk. He just so happens to be Welsh, with a very broad accent, and he is gay and as camp as a row of tents!!!! So the poor guy gets teased silly, except he loves Dafydd and prances about the office saying "it's hard being the only gay in the village" he makes my day!!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:22 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
At our workplace one of the guys hosted a St Davids day fundraiser, with daffodils and a leek on his desk. He just so happens to be Welsh, with a very broad accent, and he is gay and as camp as a row of tents!!!! So the poor guy gets teased silly, except he loves Dafydd and prances about the office saying "it's hard being the only gay in the village" he makes my day!!!!!
Aww he sounds lovely.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:02 PM   #52  
Gym'll fix it!!

"as camp as a row of tents" thats hilarious

They go nuts here too and even drink green coloured beer silly gits! when I was at work today one of the girls had green scrunchies in her hair so this guy commented that she must be wearing them for St Paddy's Day so she turned to us and told us we were all miserable for not wearing green so I told her i'm a brit and don't celebrate it but she said that that did'nt matter and that we were all going to get pinched for forgetting it I warned her that that would be a bad idea anyway, she did'nt try it

What are you talking about Toot? You have Cadbury's Caramilk Bars over there don't you I know my daughter sent me one in my parcel I don't think it was called something else I'm talking about the Caramilk Easter Eggs the same size as the creme ones I them
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:16 AM   #53  

do you mean caramac?....orange packet with yellow writing
or cadburys caramel.....take it easy with cadburys caramel?
caramilk ive never heard of
Old 03-18-2005, 03:21 AM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie
Aww he sounds lovely.
He's absolutely gorgeous, the nicest guy. We have what we call the Gay Maffia at our place. There are only about 15 guys that work there and over a third are gay!!!! They're all lovely, and such fun to go out with!!!! We are going out tonight to the Gay Village in Manchester, but I am not sure that I am going. I can normally take or leave alcohol, but I think my good intentions will fly past the nearest sequined skirt and out the velvet curtained clad window!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:51 AM   #55  

Ooh sounds fun I think you should go and come back with the gossip.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:26 AM   #56  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Smile

Hi Everyone - I'm a newbie but I thought instead of lurking I'd just jump right into the middle of the action and join in the ...you seem like a friendly enough bunch!

As you can see from my tracker, I'm right at the beginning of my weight-loss journey, having gained 60lbs in about 2 years. I'm good at yo-yo dieting - especially the bouncing UP part but now I need to pull my socks up and get back on the dieting

I look forward to getting to know you all, and I hope you don't mind me just barging in like this - I'm obviously a forward hussy !!
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:30 AM   #57  

Hellooooo Dippy Chip I never imagine we have lurkers if there are anymore please post. I'm queen of the yo yo having lost 50 and regained pounds 3 or 4 times now.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:31 AM   #58  

dippy i certainly dont mind you jumping right in..........best place to start is the deep end
Old 03-18-2005, 10:36 AM   #59  

veggie i lurked for a long time before joining in..........first time i was flumper and it was yourself TQ sarah-ann and carol that were the main posters
Old 03-18-2005, 10:39 AM   #60  

Where is that Carol? She dropped off end of the earth?