UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-04-2005, 07:46 PM   #16  
Gym'll fix it!!

George Clooney is long gone

Chris i'm glad to hear that you are pleased with your new smile how come a full top set is cheaper than having a few taken out I don't get that must confess I don't go to the dentist (or doctors ) and i'm dreading getting toothache or summat I don't have a clue what they charge over here but I know that hubby paid $100 years ago just to have ONE tooth taken out whats it feel like to have all that lot out in one go? it must be horrible

I'm just watching an add for Curves and there is a woman flopping around on an exercise ball reminds me of someone now who is it? must have a go at mine again using it just the once did'nt work
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:04 PM   #17  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Chickies,
How is everyone? I've been to the dentist this afternoon for a check up and my gums are helaing nicely. I had them shave down the top plate some so the gag reflex is gone, thank God! I'm feeling pretty good in myself. I'm making a shepherds pie tonight for dinner as it was requested by the kids, and I'm hoping that as it's quite a squishy meal anyways, that I might be able to eat it without the use of the blender

Had a few showers here today but managed to rescue some dry washing I hung out before the showers started. It always amazes me that people dont hang their clothes out here where there's plenty of sunshine which is a lot cheaper than running a dryer!

So how';s everyone's weekend going? Teel I hope you're feeling better with the ankle, Kirsty, how are you faring with your teeth? Hows the computer bike Cat? I'm thinking of purchasing a treadmill to add excersise to going to curves, haven't been in two weeks due to work and teeth, but will be there with a vengence come Monday after work

Ok, better go mash spuds.....
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 05:33 AM   #18  

Hope your shepherds pie was nice BritinNJ. My mum had a bad case of malocclusion (where your jaws doesn't meet properly) and had to have her jaw surgically broken in 6 places and reset. Surgery took 5 hours. I left uni to look after her, and she was givent his recipe book by the hospital "meals through a straw" or something. It was awful!!!! Bacon, eggs, banana, maple syrup and berad all mixed together with milk to make it runny, erk!!!!!

My mum was craving steak, mars bars, anything chewy........she was a very difficult patient!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:29 AM   #19  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi KYkaree,
My shepherds pie was nice, thanks, I had to do a little chewing on some of the mince but I took it slow and enjoyed it.

Your poor Mum, the recipe book sounds horrendous. All the things I've 'purreed' since Thursday have actually been quite tasty, so I didn't mind the soft food. I do want to chew again though...

Hopefully since the soft food diet, I'll have lost a couple of pounds when I weigh in...

Am off for a walk in a mo with the dogs, they've not been walked for three days due to me feeling a tad rough and then yesterday when I could have managed for them, we had hellacious storms roll through and we weren't going anywhere!
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:45 AM   #20  

It's been snowing every day when I walk to the pool, this morning the sun was shining, made for a nice change!!! It must be nice to have dogs to walk with, my cat is great company at home, but she isn't very motivating

I've been making cakes for Red Nose Day, pure torcher. They are going straight from the oven into the freezer! I seem to be the only person who bakes in my call centre, I get volunteered for fundraising all the time. I am answering phone calls for Red Nose Day this year, so if any of you FCUKers ring up and speak to Kylie, it's not Kylie Minogue, it's me!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:53 AM   #21  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies

Chris, I'm glad to hear that you are doing well would'nt like to eat baby food tho' I hope it pays off with the weighing scale

Kykaree, Poor Mum that must have been awful

Was online yesterday and the telly was blaring away and an ad came on for Billy Blanks bootcamp so what did I do? I went to the website and ordered the tapes they cost nearly double to ship them here too but never mind i'm sure that i'll use them ONCE my daughter is in great shape and she does tae-bo regularly so i'm hoping to get the same results you have to be careful though because they offer you a 7 day supply of supplements for free, the catch is that if you accept them then every other month you receive a supply costing $25.90 + 5.95 S+H I declined that offer then I was 'given' 30 days FREE membership to his club which looked great but after the 30 days is up you are charged $9.95 a month! all these extra's are charged directly to your credit card! and there was no 'no thanks' feature for the club so i'm hoping by not activating the account that I won't be charged its a nuisance though wish I had'nt bothered now
Old 03-06-2005, 12:30 PM   #22  

I'd like to try Tae Bo, but I find it too hard to exercise at home, our house is tiny, and our telly is too low to the ground!!!! Pilates or Yoga might work, coz I'd be close to the telly LOL I have tried dancing DVD's but get fed up and put on some loud music and dance to my own tune!!! Only when the DH is out though, the cat just looks at me in disgust!
Old 03-10-2005, 12:50 PM   #23  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

My toe is broken! BROKEN!

You'd think I'd be eating really healthily now that I can't exercise and walking hurts....

Ha! Oh no.... Had lots to eat yesterday, thismorning started out good, but then went to get my toe looked at and came home and had my super-sticky belt-busting pudding! This consisted of one double chocolate muffin, with many marshmallows nuked in the micro for 30 secs so the marshmallows go all runny. Then Belgian choc haagen dazs on the top! Yum and Yuk at the same time!! I couldn't finish it though and have been feeling queasy all afternoon! Serves me right really!!

I want to bake some cheese scones for tea too. I've just bought a new pepper shaker for my paprika..... In Germany they have paprika on their franks and pommes YUMMY! So I thought I'd get paprika for my chips, forgetting I can't have any till Easter! Anyway so I will put some paprika on top of the scones I think....
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #24  

Default How embarrassing

So I joined sw a month ago...

Wk 1 - I lost 5
Wk 2 - I missed a week
Wk 3 - I put on 1.5
Wk 4 - and now tonight I think I will be back to what I was when I joined a month ago

Soooooo embarrassed. But I am going, I don't want to though. I blame mine and my sisters birthdays oh well.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #25  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yeh, thats right Veggie you've got to blame summat have'nt you?

Frus, I don't like Paprika and I absolutely HATE cinnamon when you get apple pie in the states/canada that is all that it tastes of I always say "if I wanted cinnamon pie I would have ordered it" thats why I bake my own

I journalled my "eats" today and i've allowed myself 2 vodka and lemonades trouble is i've had three now and I want a fourth i'm going to have it too
Old 03-12-2005, 08:51 AM   #26  

I got new scales and yes I am excited about them.

They so pretty!

I have also started a journal here. Double excitement!
Old 03-12-2005, 11:31 AM   #27  
Gym'll fix it!!

They are what's the F190 for
Old 03-12-2005, 12:45 PM   #28  

I dunno, it's not my weight obviously.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:51 PM   #29  
Gym'll fix it!!

It will be soon though
Old 03-13-2005, 03:54 PM   #30  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

They are Beeeeeoooooootiful!

I too love my scales! I love your badger badger badger badger..... where's the snake?
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote