UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-13-2005, 01:22 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichilady
Wow - look what happens if you don't check your email for a day - what a lot of posts!!! Welcome back Tootoot, well done on joining the gym. Personally I find going just makes me VERY hungry!!! Oh no, six weeks to Easter, my Easter challenge has just disappeared into the distance , I'm struggling to stay the same at the mo. Must use a CALENDAR.

Keep it up chicks.
now the bit in red makes sense ....im super hungry in fact thats why even salads look like an fat laden lovely meal! i have started having bulky(vegetables) home made soup after the gym which is very low in calories but also very filling, i love easter egg chocolate but im allowing myself only one egg(after8's) and im going to have a wee nibble every day.........so it lasts me ages
tootoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 01:28 PM   #32  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oh Toot such willpower! "i'm going to have a wee nibble every day" that bugger would be gone in 30 seconds if it was here
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #33  

ooohhhhh after eights doesnt the mouth just water !!!!!!
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #34  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey I just saw that someone has posted a link to Oprah's Bootcamp so if anyone wants to take a boo go here:-

http://www2.oprah.com/presents/2005/...amp_main.jhtml

Last edited by cat90; 02-13-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:02 AM   #35  

Thanks Cat for the link will have a look.

My computer is back and lying on its side, something is loose inside it and it's not to be knocked. Wonder when I will knock it?
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:38 AM   #36  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Ok, have read Oprahs thingy... sounds do-able, although am very frightened about no caqrbs as such.... but I'll give it a go, she really does look fantastic now, her tum is like a 20 year olds.... I think that's the pilates that's helped her there... I did try that last year, the warm up nearly killed me!
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:48 PM   #37  
Gym'll fix it!!

Veggie, Don't knock it!

Watched Oprah's show and it was fantastic one guy lost 500lbs but he had to have all the excess skin removed when he'd done it was horrible. I'm not going to follow the plan but at least its given me some motivation to get back doing something Oprah had her staff (guinea pigs) exercising 8 times a week i'm NOT doing that! Once i'm done i'm done but they all did really well between the four of them they lost 88lbs 14lbs,19lbs,25lbs and 30lbs the 30lbs loss being a Man would'nt you know it

Right, now for the moment of truth In the Red Corner weighing in at 168.5lbs AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!! Cat90! Good Job I decided to start this before I balloon up any further Heres to losing the lard

Last edited by cat90; 02-14-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:33 AM   #38  

cat if your screaming at your weight i definantly wont be telling you mine ,youll faint
kirsty
Old 02-15-2005, 12:50 PM   #39  
Gym'll fix it!!

How are you feeling Kirsty? Is hubby pampering you? and what do your boys think of having a new bro? (or Sis )
Old 02-15-2005, 02:33 PM   #40  

hi all , how are we all this evenign ?? good i hope ,imknacked been runign around all day i have the dentist tomorrow to have 8 teeth pulled as the ostio has hit my top jaw bone and all my teeth are damaged so out they come ,so im trying to get everything for the rest of the week done today !!!!! so the stairs done ,the ironings done,the freezers full so are the cupboards so im getting there ,CAT my kids are delighted and really looking forward to it ,dh would pamper me ifi ever sat down long enough to let him do it !!!! i kept on saying to him "im pregnant not disabled " until he pointed out that im disabled too but theres plenty of time for pampering ive got all the way to september to go ........ anyway id better go its nearly time for the dogs walk and ill speak to you all later
kirsty
Old 02-15-2005, 05:01 PM   #41  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oh Poor Kirsty thats awful!
Its afternoon here and a lovely one at that I don't know what to do go to the Mall or not Emmerdale is on in just over an hour and I don't want to miss it so I guess I'll just tape it to watch when I get back I've just had a mini binge was starving after walking even tho' i'd had pancakes for brekky! I've had 3 fishfingers and 5 slices of toast and jam at least I stayed away from the butter today I've not blown it tho' i'm around 1400cals if I stay on plan for rest of day
Old 02-16-2005, 07:59 AM   #42  

Default Hello

From me. Teel, in case you had all forgotten! I am sorry for my lack of posting. I have recently hidden myself away for various reasons. Get a mug of coffee ready and I will endeavor to explain.. .
Over the last few weeks I have felt so, so exhausted I have found it very difficult, impossible sometimes, to stay awake long enough to even get out of bed. And I mean I was asleep, not just hiding under the duvet all day and all night too!.
Last Wednesday I went to my Diabetic outpatient's clinic and to my releif the Diabetes is doing remarkably well...for those in the know my HbA1c was 6.1.However my weight had gone up about 7lb since my last visit a year ago (jolly good job I had lost a bit before the visit!!) Anyway the clinic doctor, whom I had never seen before, said she had looked at my latest blood test results of a week previous)and was concerned that my liver was showing signs of stress and she didn't understand why, especially as my Diabetes seems to be well controlled at the moment. I should say that I have a bichemistry level blood test done every 3 weeks to check on the status of my heart seeing as I am on so many tablets to keep it from failing more. So she wrote out another blood test form to see how things were going and she is going to write to my cardiologist. So off I went home feeling rather delated after my wonderful HbA1c.(It's never been that good!)On getting through the front door I found a letter from my G.P. saying he had reviewed my latest blood results and had found "a mild abnormality" and please could I drop in and see him. So on Friday morning off I went and as I got through the door I confessed I had prewarning of his letter and explained about the Diabetes appointment.He said" well I am now confused because I was writing to you because I am concerned about your KIDNEYS!!" So. He added a few more tests to the blood form and told me to have the bloods taken a week early which means I have them done tomorrow.He said the creatinin levels have been gradually creeping up since October which makes me really mad because I have been in hospital since then so why couldn't they sort it out then, whilst I was in for 19 days???! So in the meantime I feel so so so tired that on Friday and over the weekend I have slept and slept and completely lost my appetite over the last couple of weeks. This is borne out by my losing 5lb the week before last and 3lb last week.Ok that's great for weight loss but not good for the general health side of things.And I have been very low in mood and burst in to tears when ever anyone has rung me on the telephone I just feel as though its one thing after the other. It's not a good time of year for me after Christmas and I feel as if I am being dumped on and dumped on again even before the first heap has been cleared away!!
I am very sorry for my absence. I have lurked in from time to time and gone away again or lost my post!! A big [[[[[HUG]]]]] to Linus for ringing me and keeping me up to date and for just caring! Oh drat. Gonna get all tearful again...

Anyway I will get out of the sandpit now and go have something for lunch. I had better 'cos I haven't eaten more than a couple of Diabetic biscuits and a cup of black coffee today. I will be back.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:14 AM   #43  

Default Oh, I Forgot To Say....

... that the number at the end of my tickerslide (154) is only an interim goal.When I am anywhere near that or actually have reached it, I will set another! Probably set a goal of doing it stone by stone. I really want to get to 140lb. Now that would be a miracle as far as I am concerned!!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:09 PM   #44  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Teel, Welcome back.. we did miss ya! Sorry o hear you're having a rough time of it still. Hope that when they get the blood test results thay can get you sorted. As for sleeping all the time, I've alwasy been told, that if you sleep extra to night time sleeping, it's cos your body feels the need and you should let it do it's hob.

So take care and pop in when you've got a moment and your eyes are open... well done on the loss so far too... it's brilliant
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:07 PM   #45  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hiya Sheila so good to hear from you YES we have missed you! Hopefully those doctors will get their heads together and sort out your problems now thats ridiculous that you were in hospital and they've found out AFTER you'd gone home

Done an hour now on torture device so i'm going to log it on the exercise thread and then sit on a cushion