UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-09-2004, 07:04 PM   #1  

Question Slimming World changes?

A new plan in the new year I have heard. Anyone else heard anything about it? Might just be a small thing but I look forward to seeing what (if anything) changes. I guess they change it a little every so often so we all buy the new books, on the other hand maybe it is in response to the new WW plan (but that has not launched here yet I don't think). So maybe just a new book!
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:56 AM   #2  

We have not gotten the new books yet, but apparently they should be handing them out in meetings in the next few weeks, we don't have to pay for the new book although I assume there will be some cook books and stuff to accompany it...My group leader went over the basics which are that you can continue as you are with normal food optimizing, or you can use the new choices, like mixing green and red, and something to with eating whatever you want in very specific portions...Apparently the SW founder said she was bored with the program and wanted to offer members additional choices if they want...Its been tested at SW headquarters and people are losing 3-6 pounds a week in the trial...This is what my group was told, can't wait to try some of the new choices, I seem to be in a rut at the moment...
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 01:05 PM   #3  

My sister better come straight round and show me the new book when she gets it.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:17 PM   #4  

I know I can't wait to get it!! I am in a serious rut at the moment and am feeling at the end of my rope!!! Hopefully with the new plan I can get out this plauteu...
Old 12-28-2004, 06:23 PM   #5  
Must Stay Motivated

Oh this is good news. I really need a boost at the moment. Pretty much let the diet go at the beginning of December with all the parties and stuff. Have put on so much weight it is unreal. I am going to start afresh on January 2nd. Am looking forward to the new plan.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 04:52 PM   #6  

Got the new plan tonight!!! Basically, you can continue as normal with red/green or you can do one of the other options...There is the "success express" and "mix2max" success is basically portion control, and mix is just mixing green and red...You do a red or green at each meal but the in between snacks have to be common free foods on both days...I am likely to do the mix one, not so big on portion control...LOL
Old 01-01-2005, 05:40 AM   #7  
Must Stay Motivated

The Mix and Max sounds great as most of my snacks are neutral items anyway. Do you still get as many syns? I like the idea of being able to have cooked breakfast, then Pasta for lunch and Ship for tea sort of thing. I very rarely do Red days as I don't eat much meat but it would be nice to just have one meal in a day.

Do they think you lose weight as fast on the new options?
Old 01-01-2005, 11:49 AM   #8  

Apparently my old group leader put on weight doing it but I don't think she follows the plan properly anyway
Old 01-01-2005, 05:16 PM   #9  

They are saying that when it was tested people were having 4-6 pound losses...Who knows?? The syns are the same 5-15 per day...I will probably try the mix2match, I will let you know how it goes after next weeks weigh-in
Old 01-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #10  

Hope it works for you Melissa there's always the old plan if it doesn't. I feel sorry for new people to the sw plan it's hard enough to understand at first as it is!
Old 01-04-2005, 02:37 PM   #11  

Hiya!

Check the website out for more explanations...I dunno what I think yet...am gonna stick to red and green days for bit longer - they good for me.

Happy New Year all
x
Kelly M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:52 PM   #12  

I think I will stick to what I know at the moment...But, at least it is another choice if I want it...
Old 01-05-2005, 04:32 PM   #13  

Thumbs up At Last!

Finally found some fellow SW butties! I've just joined Body Optimise on the net (I live in germany and my german is ) it doesn't give you any of the new options just the original and green, but my mum is a member in the UK and has just tried the new stuff this week - she didn't get on with it at all, she lost the plot so to speak!
I've just had first weigh in and lost 5.5lbs so am thrilled.

Last edited by Princessslim; 01-07-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Princessslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 05:12 PM   #14  
Must Stay Motivated

I have to say that I quite like the look of the new options especially the Mix2Max. It is my first week back at SW and so I am sticking to Green at the moment but as soon as I am back into the swing of things I will try the new options.

I put on 9lb over Xmas sohave to work really hard.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:22 AM   #15  

Hi I'm new here - I got my new sw stuff on tuesday but after doing red/green for so long I am having trouble getting my head round mixing them - it will take time I supppose
nuttynurse is offline   Reply With Quote