UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-05-2004, 12:57 PM   #1  

Default Hello and help

I have had weight problems for as long as i can remember . But it has gotten
worse . I now weigh 232llbs when ideally i would like to weigh 160lbs. My married has currently ended after almost 11years I am scared that i will comfort eat which is what got me to this weight plus the fact that i gave up smoking nearly three years ago . Today something happened i went into KFC( to buy food for the children) and when i told the man that i was once married he asked whether it was for love . I know i am not an ugly person its just my weight is out of control so i am wondering whether he meant that . That is what encouraged me to join this site , I feel so lonely and fed of my life. I have lost 70lbs in the past but i cant understand why i cant do it now . I dont have any real friends so i cant talk to nobody about this.All I have are my children and my pc to the outside world.
Thanks for reading
Ebony
Anewerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 01:38 PM   #2  
Queen of Chaos!

Awww Ebony!!! Please don't read too much into what KFC man said, it's easy to take things the wrong way when you are already feeling low, believe me I'm the queen of that!! You and I weight about the same, how would you feel about buddying up for a bit of extra support, I could really do with it right now especially at this time of year, anyone else noticed what a nightmare food shopping is this time of year??
Pudding and custard anyone???!!

PS what do you say to a university graduate?.....

Chicken fillet burger and fries please!!
mysticvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 02:07 PM   #3  

Hi thank you for cheering me up !.I could do with some buddying up . I have decided that i am going to start my regime tomorrow . So what are the rules of buddying up . Btw i just graduated in June !.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:12 PM   #4  
Queen of Chaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anewerme
Btw i just graduated in June !.
OOOOPPS!! well, I'm sure you'll do better than KFC lol

Don't know if there are any "rules" on buddying up, how about a daily email or PM with what we've eaten in the day and any exercise? It's sometimes good to have an objective eye on things, especially if you've been on and off diets for a while. Are you planning on following any particular plan? or is it just healthy eating?
Anyone else buddied up? suggestions?

Sending you my email by PM, if anyone else wants to join in just shout!
mysticvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 08:54 PM   #5  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Ebony,
Welcome to our little world here. We're all a nice bunch of people and we're all willing to give anyone a shake up or a helping hand, whichever they choose

We're all in the same boat as you, so please don't feel alone in your battle.

Misty, you can buddy up, however you choose...I don't think there's any rules to it.

Both of you, don't forget to keep popping in here and letting us know how you're doing though, we want to keep up to date with the slims of the world too
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:26 AM   #6  

Thank you all for the motivation . I am going to do this !.
Best wishes
Ebony
Old 12-06-2004, 08:21 PM   #7  

I am SUCH a comfort eater. If I'm sad, mad or anywhere in between my first reaction is to curl up with a big bag of white cheese popcorn, a box of 20 chicken mcnuggets and a 44oz ruby red squirt

Ebony you CAN do it! I never in a million years thought I could get this far but I have. It just takes time and patience and willpower of reinforced steel, lol. If you need to talk feel free to send me a message.
chaoticfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 06:23 PM   #8  

Thumbs up chaoticfish

Hi its amazing that you should reply my thread as it was your inspirational pictures that encouraged me to stay and post orginally. Thanks for your kind words of encouragment . I am determind *smile* and so far so good .
Best wishes from
Ebony
Old 12-07-2004, 07:34 PM   #9  

KFC man sounds a pig. I have had a comment today that I am trying not to think about... but will annoy me for a long time. The person who said it thought I didn't hear it. I will just try to rise above it but it is hard.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:12 PM   #10  

AHh comfort eating is bad isn't it. I guess the best thing is to keep busy. I eat ALL the toast when I'm writing an essay.

Plus if you know you're not an ugly person knowing modesty of women I bet you're well fit!

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:20 PM   #11  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well I'd have bloody well asked him what he meant by that and if I had'nt got the answer that I wanted lets just say he'd have been wearing his KFC ignorant what made you tell him that you were once married btw? if he was being rude you could have said something like "well..I can lose the weight but you'll still have a lousy personality won't you" i'm sure that would have wiped the smile off his face. You can Do It Ebony and we're all here to help you on your way
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 05:31 AM   #12  

Thanks all for the support i have not been on boards for a while so i havent been able to answer messages . With modesty i am not an ugly person physically and hopefully not personality . I always have respect and give to others . I dont know what this man meant but i am going to take it like nothing because i will end up losing more sleep over this .
At the moment i am still losing and working on my weight. I have had some real inspiration from women this site . Thank you *Hugs* Ebony
Old 12-16-2004, 05:39 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Anewerme: I'm looking about normal weight now, but I was on the bus on the way to Uni the other day and some girlies there were talking in my direction about how sad it was that people were ugly, and there were no pretty people around....... You just can't please everyone!
I know I'm not ugly, but I had only just got out of bed and was wearing no make-up! They however were caked in the stuff! Maybe that's what they ment, "oh she's not wearing makeup, she's a minger!" anyway, just goes to show, people will be mean and heartless no matter what you look like! It's what you feel that counts!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:01 AM   #14  

According to three nice men in a ford transit this morning, I am a 'minger', which I thought was a great way to start the day. It's just sad, stupid, ignorant people, who feel the need to belittle others to make themselves feel big. I'm sure they and Mr KFC and 2frustrated's new friends all thought they were very clever and witty... and that's just sad if you can only get that feeling by undermining someone else's esteem.

Anyway I just bought a size 12 coat and *nothing* is going to kill that buzz.

xxx
NoSenseOfAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 07:09 PM   #15  

Default Forget about them!

Don't let them get you down! I know firsthand how hurtful such remarks can be. I had just arrived in France and was exploring the city I'd be living in for the next four year, minding my own business, when some git started making OINKING noises behind me! I think you are right on when you say that these people are just ignorant and insecure and make themselves feel big by putting other people down. It hurts, but just remember no real men do that kind of thing!
sweetie1 is offline   Reply With Quote