UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-05-2004, 11:41 AM   #1  

Talking 20 weeks until the winter solstice challenge! Now NINE!!!!!

Ok 20 weeks till Christmas I want to get to 199 pounds by then which will be the thinnest I have been since I was...I dunno I was size 18 at 18 and then got fatter by the year. So probably since I was 21 or something.

So 20 weeks...I am going for 39 pounds which is 1.95 pounds a week so do-able.

Anyone else brave like me to set a do-able target (pound a week? half a pound a week?)

Also I am in a diet slump and need to get remotivated.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:00 PM   #2  

veggie i blooming well dont like you at this very moment imagine talking about xmasin august how could you for gods sake dont tell my kids or ill never forgive you
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:37 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yeh, I'll second that someone just HAD to mention Christmas did'nt they! cotton picking varmint but its done now so we'd best get over it I was just thinking I could lose 2lbs a week and be at goal by then so why don't I just get on with it (as my hubby so easily sez ) i've no motivation/interest either don't know when I last exercised or kept track of what i'm eating i'm hoping my interest comes back once the holidaymakers have been and gone and I can get back to normal. It just does'nt seem important at the moment.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:10 PM   #4  

Well that's just charming I'll just count down to my challenge by myself then. Not even a good luck! You'll regret it when I'm slim and gorg and you're not.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:33 AM   #5  

Well I'm hoping to have lost 5.5 stones by christmas eve if that's any help? So that's about 1.7lbs a week between now and then.

Actually I want to get to my 4 stone mark by 13th September because I go for a 3-monthly injection with my local GP's nurse and she gives me a 3-month pep talk and its nice to have your weight validated by someone (i don't go to SW or WW or Scottish Slimmers). But as I've had a rubbish month I can't see it.
Vasquoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 06:41 AM   #6  

Ha - I too veggie have been going around saying "yey christmas day 20 weeks tommorow!" and thinking about how much I may lose in those 20 weeks!

Well done on giving yourself a target!

With SW tho -I can't control how much I lose - can you? Other diets - you can say - I am going to try especially hard this week to lose more - and it works but -with SW - it doesn't seem to work like that for me. I take what comes!

But averaging it out over the 30 weeks I been doing this - I have lost 1.5lb a week - so by rights I should lose about another 30lb in 20 weeks - but I won't say for definite - as im the sort of person who if they don't do what they said - sadly feel like a failure - no matter how well I have done!

I have actually got bought some presents ready!
Kelly M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 07:11 AM   #7  

You've bought presents already!!!!!!!!!!! Are you related to my mother????
Old 08-06-2004, 10:06 AM   #8  

I should of said New Year or December
Old 08-06-2004, 11:39 AM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

that would have been better Veggie and btw I did'nt wish you that cuz I know that you don't need it I'm sure we'll all jump onboard when the time is right
Old 08-06-2004, 11:46 AM   #10  

Christmas is cancelled. See title.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:50 AM   #11  
Gym'll fix it!!

already noticed that Veggie winter solstice? feel all religious now NO! don't change it again
Old 08-07-2004, 11:18 AM   #12  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Thanks veggie!

I just about got to be a new number for the first time in donkeys years and you go getting me excited about hitting the next one before the year is out!

I can't think that far ahead! But then again....

OK. I am in. I'll rock my socks off to get a whole pound below 13 stone by the "Winter Solstice". Thats 23lbs at 1.15lbs per week!

PLEASE keep me motivated too. I just have to see my sisters face when I get there!
And I'll come back and shout / cajole / congratulate you every week, as long as you promise to nag nag nag nag in return.
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:51 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

20 weeks you say.....

Hmmmm! If I lost 2lbs a week in 20 weeks I'd be 10 stone! Wowza! Yeah baby and NEW CLOTHES for Christmas! WOOHOOOOOOOO!

This year I'm 21 and my Mum's 50, so to celebrate we're having a studio picture taken. We both vowed to lose weight. I haven't really lost any since last autumn, but I've toned up a bit and am doing lots of cycling - whereas mum has put it on HAHA! We were gonna schedule the shoot for September, but since we've both stalled on the scales front, we've rescheduled for just before Christmas, so 2lb a week until then would get me to 10stone!

I haven't been 10 stone since I was 9!

That's so sad and yet so very motivating!

Nice challenge Veggie! I am going to bookmark this thread so I can actually find it again! I will tell you guys how I get on at least once a week!

Today I started the 21 day challenge on 30 weighted situps and 15 push ups (which I haven't actually done yet...). I have cycled to work and back, which was 20 miles, so I burnt nearly 900 calories! Hurrah!

Unfortunately I am at 1000 cals on the intake already! I think I overestimated those indian sweets I had, and maybe the amount of calories in my cereal.....

Oh well, fish fingers for tea! He He!

Buddhist Quote of the day:
If friends went on vacation and sent you a postcard, how much would you know of the place they'd visited? All releigions are like this. They are simply postcards from people who've been there. But if you want to know, you must go yourself.

Slim is my religion and I've never been!

Ok now go do those sit ups
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:22 AM   #14  

Actually if I'm a good size 18 by Christmas then I'll be a happy bunny. I've gone from a 26 to a 20 so going by my previous form if I lose a stone and a half by then I should be good for a size 18.

I don't think I can control the amount of weight I lose per week but I get a good idea of what I probably will lose. If I'm a good girl and stick to it I'll lose between 1.5 and 2.5
Old 08-11-2004, 06:33 AM   #15  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaw!

I went kickboxing yesterday! My *** could crack walnuts!

I'm already down a pound from Monday, so I guess I just have another one to go before Monday to stay on track.

Saying that, I'm off to a bbq on Thurs, that should be fun! I'm also going to be walking around London with a big sketchbook, so I shall have to make it a power walk!

I want to bike ride today but my shoulder is a bit sore from press ups (I'm on day 3 of my 21 day challenge to do 30 situps and 15 press ups), so I think I shall just clear out my clothes cupboard instead and then maybe go food shopping!

We can do it guys!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote