UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-03-2004, 04:44 PM   #1  

Exclamation Stretchmarks! HELP- holiday soon

Hey I was wondering if anyone had tips on how to make stretchmarks look less obvious. I got them when I put on weight rapidly and now they look bad. I have tried vitamin E cream and am now using bio-oil. They are silvery now which is better than purple but still unsightly! I know they will sort of be covered with a tan but I still feel self conscious. I am going on holiday in a week and I am hoping someone knows something about them that I dont!!
toodly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 05:04 PM   #2  

Default Have you tried those plasters that they recommend for scars?

I have bad stretch marks too - so thought I would try those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodly
Hey I was wondering if anyone had tips on how to make stretchmarks look less obvious. I got them when I put on weight rapidly and now they look bad. I have tried vitamin E cream and am now using bio-oil. They are silvery now which is better than purple but still unsightly! I know they will sort of be covered with a tan but I still feel self conscious. I am going on holiday in a week and I am hoping someone knows something about them that I dont!!
dietdeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 05:33 PM   #3  
Must Stay Motivated

If anyone has any miracle cures I would be glad to hear about them. I have terrible stretch marks - I put on 5 stone when pregnant with my first child - went from 6.5 stone to 11.5 stone. My boobs went from 32a - 38ee. I look like a road map from my boobs down to my knees - lol. I don't tan either - I just burn but as far as I am aware stretch marks don't tan naturally. The best advice I can give you is to use a fake tan befor eyour hols as this should cover them a little. If (like me) you are rubbish at applying tans why not treat yourself to a St Tropez at a salon (I do this for special occasions and cost me approc £30).
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 04:02 PM   #4  
Gym'll fix it!!

My daughter over there complains about her stretch marks and they're not so bad anyway, I recently got a letter from her saying that she found a place for stretch marks and "its 30 quid a pop" but she does'nt say what she's having done maybe just look in yellow pages and ring a few places up
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 05:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260.5/163.5/147

Height: 5'7"

Personally having been for a few sunbed sessions recently, I've found that to make them look less obvious, but they will never go away. I've a feeling we're stuck with them, unfortunately!
^^Angel^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 07:30 AM   #6  

They are just a normal thing relax I say but then I'm always fully covered.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 08:50 AM   #7  

after someone asked about them before i started to use avon stretch mark refiner and guess what miracles do happen ive been using it for a foutnight and even dh has noticed the difference mine arent raised ugly red roadmaps now they are flatter and smoother and not so recognisable they also appear to look less red hope this helps
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 08:50 AM   #8  

ps it doesnt claim to get rid of them just lessen there apperance
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 05:24 AM   #9  

This is going to sound bizarre, but what I found with the light silvery ones you get on your hips and chest, is use a shimmery body lotion all over and they don't stand out quite so bad. I think the Cocoa Butter body lotion people have a new body shimmer lotion out (watch your dark clothes with it!) and it is great.

Otherwise in the long term I have found the Avon cream great as well as their Firming Body Lotion (not the cellulite specific one) seems to help.
Vasquoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 05:44 AM   #10  
Must Stay Motivated

That doesn't sound bizarre to me. It makes sense. Thanks for the tip.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:08 AM   #11  

Cocoa butter (not the lotion the real stuff) can help with minimizing them. If you have gotten them to reduce to the silvery look then count yourself lucky as some don't even get that fortunate. I do agree with the self tanner...try the kind that is tinted so you can see exactly where you have applied it, get the marks as close to your skin as possible and then do the all over tanning.

Oh by the way, I saw a tip on tv today about self tanners...if you get too much on an area and it gets too dark use non-acetone nail polish remover to lighten it up.
Highstrung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:51 PM   #12  
ces

When I get a tan my stretch marks still stay light & silvery so i find a tan makes them even more obvious!

I have bad 1s at the top of my arms, dont think Ive worn anything sleeveless in public since was 15 (im 20 now) coz im so worried about them! Even when I was in Greece last year and it was 40 C!

But Ive tried on a strappy top that I LOVE and am considering buying it when I get paid on friday, mite just get drunk and wear it out saturday & C how i feel!!
ces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 01:33 PM   #13  
Gym'll fix it!!

My Daughter just wrote me and she can't spell the name of the treatment she is having but she said that they put a mask on then lotions and then vacuum your skin its good and they're fading even more
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:51 AM   #14  

I tried the link but they wouldn't let me in as i'm not a member (story of my life ) .
I guess i'll just have to try that method Cat was talking about
now where did I put that attachment for the dyson .
shush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 11:11 AM   #15  

ill type it out very basically for you as its very long.

you need a pegged wooden massager,st ives collagen and ellastin lotion, st ives INVIGORATING apricot scrub, 100% pure or as close as you can get aloe vera gel, vit e oil.

1. soak in warm bath or go in the shower for at least 10min very important to loosen skin

2.pat dry with a towel then apply a mixture of all ingredients 1 pump of st ives lotion small amount of aloe vera gel, say 5 drops of vit e oil and mix in as much st ives scrub as you wish the more the better!

3.apply to marks and scrub in circular motions using the pegged massager which is also essential for 3min in same area then rinse off

4.pat dry again and if u wish use either the e oil, collagen and ellastin lotion or aloe gel to heal the skin

5. VERY IMPORTANT DO THIS 1 DAY THEN MISS 2 OR 3 YOUR CHOICE NO MORE and stop using if it causes bruising or a rash.

also drink lots and lots of water and take vit b5 vit c zinc every day!!

good luck xxxxxx debbie
trysohard is offline   Reply With Quote