UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-20-2004, 06:48 PM   #61  

im here too sorry about your loss chris we just had one aswell a girl i knew {i went to school with her wee sister 40 year old had an asthma attack and took a panic attack whoich led to a heart attack and they switched her life support machine off the following day not going to the funeral couldnt face her kids anyway sorry for being missing but i havent been well and my comp went awol so dh had to do major repairs to last me until august when ill have to go and buy a new case anew hard drive and a new cd rom but well they are quite old as they where dh,s first so ive already been sitting for over half an hour so ill come back tomorrow for a niice long chat
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:21 PM   #62  

Kirsty! Hurrah she come back.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:35 PM   #63  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks girls
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:35 PM   #64  
Gym'll fix it!!

Sorry about you friend Kirsty hope you're feeling better now

Well, I got my bike out yesterday and went for a ride on that should have oiled it before I went tho' but it was OK apart from the squeaks only thing was its been so many years since i've been on it that I could'nt remember how to change gears at first and I was a bit wobbly but I soon got the hang of it and was flying down the trail The wind was against me coming back (so I thought) and I was enjoying myself so much that I went on further than I'd planned and thought to myself at least the wind will be blow me back on the way back but it did'nt it was still blowing in my face then it dawned on me its cuz your riding fast dummy I'll have to wear my shades today tho' cuz I passed quite a few riders wearing theirs and you know that they are looking at you but you can't tell so I always say Hi to them and some say Hi back and some don't so i'm gonna wear my shades today and they'll wonder if i'm looking at them too
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:51 PM   #65  

the secret shade society thats a new one for us if you wore shades here youd fall over your bike before you managed to get on the blooming thing its been really crap weather here weve had more rain than has ever been recorded and its dull and overcast all the time with just breif glimpses of sunshine to fool you into thinking it might be nice so you run oput and hang out the washing and then five minutes later you have to run out and bring it back in again as its chucking down well nearly over july and the never ending birthdays just my sister my nephew and craig to go god i hate july sooooo much it shouldnt be allowed to have that many birthdays in one month no wonder mum has banned us from having sex in october
speak later as cleo has just dripped all over my newly washed floor AGAIN
kirsty
Old 07-22-2004, 10:34 AM   #66  

Cold showers for you then come October then, Linus and Bromide in the tea/coffee! (We will all be paying particular interest to your posts in October. If a ratty tone creeps into your postings we will know why!!)
peahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:34 AM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peahen
Cold showers for you then come October then, Linus and Bromide in the tea/coffee! (We will all be paying particular interest to your posts in October. If a ratty tone creeps into your postings we will know why!!)
Will we be able to tell a difference?
Old 07-22-2004, 12:49 PM   #68  
Gym'll fix it!!

I wore my shades yesterday and the damn things kept sliding down my nose I don't know how everyone else keeps theirs on must not be working as hard as I am rode down to the beach but the tide was in it was a lovely sight tho' when I was coming back it was tough cuz i'd coasted the last stretch there as it is all downhill had to walk some of it back but it was still exercise

Kirsty, My daughter said it was crap and raining all the time where she is in Lancashire too I miss the place but NOT the weather we are cooking here and will hit record temps this weekend one place is expecting temps of 37.5 degrees even my daisies are wilting a bit
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 02:50 PM   #69  

ill have you know for about 5 minutes every morning im a sweet little lady and then i open my eyes and well lets just say i change very quickly
kirsty
Old 07-23-2004, 06:53 PM   #70  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Sorry to hear about your loss too Kirsty. Such a shame people are being taken away from us as young as that. Makes you wonder what you believe in, it does me anyway.

Onto happier things though. I have just spent the afternoon with four young men from MTV, filming in my house for a show they put on. It's all to do with the bus incident a few months back, remember? They've been down here from NY City all week filming different parts of what happend and today was the filming of J while he was on suspension and also an interview with Dave as to how we felt as parents with all the nonsense. I declined playing a part and being interviewed.... very scary stuff! Hannah was really into it all and she has to do an interview on Sunday with them so she's looking forward to that.
It's humid and rainy here today, my eating has been crap all week and I just can't seem to get back OP. I did weigh in though and am actually maintaining, not gaining, so I don't suppose that's a bad thing?
Right, must swap the pizza's round in the over, no calories in them hey! Have a great weekend all
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 02:34 AM   #71  
Must Stay Motivated

I am hoping to see Will Young in the summer Veggie but bank balance is looking a lot slimmer than me so might have to give it a miss - lol.

Sorry to hear of your loss Chris and Kirsty. Hope you are looking after yourselves. We have also had some bad news in the last couple of weeks. My husband's grandad has been diagnosed with cancer, lungs and liver. We visited him last night in hospital and is sad to see him looking so ill. I think it is made worse by the fact that even up until a fwe weeks ago he was so full of life, never sat still. I think it is the knowledge of it that makes him look so bad rather than the illness. The news came exactly a year after I lost my grandad. He had a stroke and heart attack last year.

I notice that Cathy mentioned Lancashire. I was there last weekend, visiting my grandma. I am originally from Lancashire, between Blackburn and Chorley.

Wow, MTV at your house - how cool is that? - lol.

Anybody got any plans for the weekend? I was supposed to go to the gym and swimming this morning but my sister turned up in such a foul mood that I told her to go on her own - lol. She has been like it a lot recently. She is 20 but often acts like a 12 year old.

This afternoon might walk to the beach with the kids if the weather stays nice. Have an appointment at the salon before that though to have my eyebrow waxed (lazy I know but I go every month rather than pluck it - lol). Have to pick up some groceries in town too.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 03:58 PM   #72  

You should go see Will Superwitch, I went to see him last month and it was fab. I'm gonna see him in Manchester 25th Nov by myself (and several thousands of other people )
Old 07-25-2004, 05:25 AM   #73  
Must Stay Motivated

Might just go then. He is playing on 15th August. I already have an action packed week. Camping on the Friday night (just for the night at a local site as the kids enjoy it), Friend's (more like ex-boyfriend really - lol) wedding on Saturday, Will Young would be on Sunday and then 4 days later going to France. Still it is the first week of my two weeks off - would make a good start to my holiday.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 07:58 AM   #74  

gods above im going to have you two commited will young !!!!!!!! im really worried about you two ill send my guns and roses cd to you both and maybe power ballads 1 and 2 sorry im not on a lot but im having one of my off weeks and cant sit for very long as it hurts too damned much pop back later by the way has anyone heard from carol????? missing her cheery smile speak later
kirsty
Old 07-25-2004, 03:51 PM   #75  

You dont know what you're missing Kirsty.