UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-05-2004, 03:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Post Holiday help or tips needed please!

Hi everyone, I introduced myself yesterday on the Hello I'm thread, just in case any of you didnt see it, my name is Helen. I've lurked here for a while and finally got the courage to "come out" of lurkdom yesterday!

So here goes, I am going on holiday a week on Friday. We're going for 10 days and I know I should be really happy, but I'm worried about my weight.
We go to this hotel every year or so, and every time I go I put on between 5-10 lbs .

I plan to start Slimming World when we get back, but I really dont want to put all that weight on while I'm away. Hardly any of my clothes fit me now.
I was just looking at what I will pack and there is harldy anything I can take, cos hardly anything fits me.

The hotel has FAB food, but it does also have a gym. I also like my booze

Any tips or suggestions, anybody please? I just need some guidance about how to manage my eating while we are there, I dont mind gaining a couple of pounds, but no more than that.

I'm new to SW so I thought it may be too complicated to start that now and try to keep it up on holiday. It looks great for the days when you are preparing your own food, but it looks like I will struggle on days when I'm eating out, or on hol etc.

Sorry to prattle so much in my first proper post!

Helen
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:49 AM   #2  

hi helen personally i would enjoy the holiday and not bother with the diet until you come back everyone i know that has joined sw including myself has had a good weight loss the first week anyway {mine was 4 llb}so go enjoy and hang the diet for now
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:03 AM   #3  

Hi Kirsty, thanks for that,

You made a good point there, if I start SW straight after I will probably be able to shift a few pounds in the first week.

I notice a lot of you are doing SW and you all seem to be doing well and enjoying it. I find WW the easiest, but I'm always hungry when I do the Points.

Helen
Old 05-05-2004, 10:55 AM   #4  
Gym'll fix it!!

I was always hungry doing the pts too Helen and i don't really have anything to add because i'd forget the diet until i got back too and have a bloody good holiday you could always be extremely good before you leave and try to drop a few to compensate have a fantastic time and if you can get up early enough spend half an hour in the gym to set yourself up for the day then you won't feel so guilty indulging in the good food
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:32 PM   #5  

I'd like to say try not to drink too much but my heart wouldn't be in it. I've already started my 'I can't wait till after weigh in then I can have some wine' and it's not until tomorrow.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:44 PM   #6  
Theres no stopping me now

Personally I would go and have a great holiday and sort your diet out when you come back.
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 02:21 PM   #7  

see good minds think alike
kirsty
Old 05-07-2004, 04:13 AM   #8  

Thanks to you all, you are all right of course. I should go and enjoy the holiday and then come back with some motivation and feeling refreshed from the hol. (Yeah right refreshed, I always need a 3 month detox after a holiday !)

Only a week to go!
Old 05-07-2004, 05:27 AM   #9  

enjoy yourself everything will still be there when you get back so eat drink and be merry and deal with it all later