UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #1  

Default New diet suggestions - quick weight loss

I want to lose 10lbs fast as I have a big event coming up soon.

I have been looking for some instant diet options, but I feel as if they are a little bit too extreme. Things like the maple syrup diet and things? Surely they are not healthy for the body long term.

My mum once tried the juicing diet, but I tried it for a day and felt very lethargic by the end of the very first day! (eeeek)

Any suggestions? Does anyone have any advice for me on what diet I should chose and whether fad diets even work?

Cheers
xxellegalxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #2  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Buy some amazing underwear and do a balanced diet.

Quick fixes don't work, people usually lose water, do weird things to their metabolism and put back more weight than they lose!

Cut back food by about 250kcals a day and add 250kcals of exercise and lose 1lb a week, that usually stays off (she says having had a weirdly high loss of 2.5lbs a week without meaning too).

Success is more about lifestyle change than any quick fix or temporary change.

Good luck.
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #3  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Some spas have these wraps that reduce water weight. You lose inches and usually a dress size (they come back within a week), but this is probably the only way you are going to look smaller for this big event. There is no way to drop 10 pounds quickly and healthy.

Last edited by Candeka; 02-17-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #4  

thanks for the advice guys. Yes, you're right! Control pants and healthy eating is probably better than a quick diet.
xxellegalxx is offline   Reply With Quote