UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 01:09 PM   #16  
Must Stay Motivated

Thanks. I am quite proud of myself. Have got my best friend coming over for dinner and a film tonight. Have just looked in the fridge and am going to make wraps (she comes for dinner quite a lot and doesn't expect anything spectacular - lol - just eats "everyday" food with us - lol). I have some cooked chicken tikka strips, loads of salad, some yummy dressings from M&S (Count on us). I have also bought some yummy looking mini pavlovas from M&S. They come in packs of 2, 2 meringues, fruits with sauce and yoghurt (l/f). I have treated myself to a few things from M&S today as they have a lot of 3 for2s etc on and their diet stuff is so nice.

I also managed to get 3 vest tops with invisible lift in the sale in there, 2 for £5 and one for £3.

Am a bit calmer now - lol - was in such a bad mood earlier especially when I came home and had a huge pile of dishes to do. Have done them now and now that I have decided to do a cold dinner feel a bit more relaxed. My daughter has fallen asleep in her room (she was sent in there for being naughty - lol) and my son is watching cartoons in my room. It is peaceful in here - at least for the minute - lol.

Hope that everyone else is well.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:36 PM   #17  
Gym'll fix it!!

Those mini pavlova's sound nice they are advertising a yogurt on tv..can't remember the name at the mo' and they have fruit at the bottom and no artificial sweeteners..i'm not a big yogurt eater but i'm trying to force some down for the calcium etc.
I bought some frozen blueberry pancakes the other day (lazy ) and i had 2 (they're little) for breakfast with Lyles Golden Syrup on top they were really good and for $2 a box well worth the money..just nuke 'em for a minute and DEVOUR only 175cals and 4g fat, (syrup extra) 4pts according to my pts finder so well worth it..i'll definitely be eating lots of those good for a munchy attack too.

Not done any exercise yet and i should be because one of my soaps is on and its something to watch to take away the monotony its only on for another 25mins and then the news is on so i think i'll clean the downstairs bathroom then and save my exercise until 12.30, then i'll have some lunch i won't let hunger get the better of me today and then i've got to walk down the driveway to retrieve my car now that the snow has all gone then its off to the mall i go don't need owt but a girls got to shop!
Old 01-09-2004, 06:32 PM   #18  
Must Stay Motivated

My friend cam eover for dinner. We had the wraps and then the pavlovas - they were yummy.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:07 PM   #19  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, I wrote earlier, hit some button and it all disappeared! My halo has slipped! I have eaten cookies and chocolate since finishing work this afternoon I was freezing cold when I got in and made a cuppa to warm up and the cookies were right there! I've also succombed to some chocolate that happend to find it's way into my gob!
Glad to see that everyone else is doing so well though Well done on your three and one pound losses SW and Cathy.......wonderful job.
I haven't started my part time work yet, will start next Weds and although I don't think it'll wear me out doing extra hours on what I do already, I'll let ya know. I plan to keep up the exercise and so I know that will help with the enery level as I feel it already since becoming a regular workout (new word)? at curves.
It's so cold here right now, -5 to -15 below tonight and not much better for tomorrow The weather forcasters have issued warnings to not be outside longer than 30 minutes as unprotected skin could get frost bite....not nice!
So now I'm going to go and get in some nice warm fluffy jammies and settle on the couch and watch a movie with Dave, we're all alone tonight for a few hours. Hannah is at a sponsered rock-a-thon to raise money for a trip she's going on in April and J is out with friends at the youth centre, playing basketball.
I'm sure I'll be on over the weekend as I'm not planning on going far in this weather so I'll talk to all again soon. Have a good one.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:51 AM   #20  

Hi,

Well i fell off the wagon well and truly half way through the week. Firstly i went to visit a customer who gave me a belated christmas present as i missed them just before christmas when i called - that was a box of chocs so i resolved to bring them home, put them away and keep them for a treat at some point but they got the better of me and i decided to have a couple - the next day a couple more and on the 3rd day scoffed the lot to get rid of them! Also, on Thursday when i returned to my other part-time job there were two big tins of chocs, a tin of biscuits and some other stuff that service users had bought in for the staff - not wanting to miss out i had to eat my share of those as well.

Have now decided to just be careful over the weekend and then to start again on Monday and this time I WILL stick to it - by then everything will definately be clear and will have no excuses. Am a bit annoyed with myself as, up until the point where i was given the box of chocs i was being really good - at least i know i can do it if i try!

Tracy
Old 01-10-2004, 06:28 AM   #21  
Must Stay Motivated

I strayed a little from my points last night but only a little so I am not too worried. I had some liquorice on top of my points but other than that was pretty good.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:01 PM   #22  
Gym'll fix it!!

LOL..what a bunch i'm sat here at quarter to nine in a morning eating Toblerone while i read about your little slip ups and Tracy..Yep i'm eating it to get rid of it too Chris i think gobs have homing signals built into them for chocolate my went off this morning too Super..you are just too good to be hanging around with us a bit of licorice! is that the best you can do? All joking aside..i think i'm going home in approx 5 weeks so after the Toblerone and M+M's are gone tonight (hubby will polish off what i leave ) i'm going to be really, really, really, really good..just like Super

I went shopping yesterday and bought Olivia a lovely little snowsuit and a yellow teddy and a small pink one that rattles I can't wait to see her again.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:17 PM   #23  
Must Stay Motivated

Good News on coming home. I bet you are really excited to be seeing Olivia again.

I was really good this morning/afternoon. Went to my mum's for dinner. Thought I would be ok as my mum and step-father always eat low fat/healthily. We had roast dinner. I was just going to fill up on Veg but my family are the opposite of everyone elses - lol- there was a fight for the brussel sprouts, carrots, leeks and then nobody wanted the roast potatoes - lol. Mum insisted that I have 4 roast potatoes even though I said that I only wanted 2 - lol. I stick to turkey breast for my meat though.

Luckily I took the dessert and so we had M&S count on us puddings.

Pretty sure that I am over points today - time will tell - lol. Will try and be good for the rest of the evening though.

My daughter was with me at my mum's for dinner. Got home and cooked hubby and son gammon, chips and fried egg - didn't even nibble one chip - I am such an angel - lol.
Old 01-10-2004, 03:53 PM   #24  
Gym'll fix it!!

You are such an its starting to make me sick The dinner sounds good and i'm afraid i would have polished the spuds off
Old 01-10-2004, 03:55 PM   #25  
Gym'll fix it!!

Just turned off my "invisible" mode so that you can see me
Old 01-10-2004, 04:23 PM   #26  
Must Stay Motivated

I am no angel believe me - lol. I am trying soooooooooo hard to be good as it doesn't come naturally - lol. I have a lot of things to lose weight for, most of them selfish reasons to do with my own vanity - lol. I think the biggest things though are the people at work who just assume that I have always been fat (only worked there a year) and the other thing is that I hate bumping in to people from school knowing that when they walk away they are saying "Oh my gid, hasn't she piled on the pounds" - lol.

I also think that people take you more seriously when you look good and then there are always the people that assume that if you are overweight you are lazy (true in my case - lol).
Old 01-10-2004, 10:25 PM   #27  
Gym'll fix it!!

I want to lose weight just because i want to look like my old self i hate looking like this anyway, everytime i see an "older" woman thats lost a lot of weight they always look about 10 years younger too not just slimmer
Old 01-11-2004, 05:10 AM   #28  
Must Stay Motivated

I agree but I don't think it is just the weight loss that shows. I think people hold there head up higher and are more confident which helps. Losing weight can affect your whole life.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:20 AM   #29  
Must Stay Motivated

Just wanted to let you know that I was naughty last night. I got up and ate a snack size mars bar, snack size M&Ms and a marshmallow/choc teacake.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:17 AM   #30  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Here's my confession.......had friends over last night and they bought nibbly bits, which of course I nibbled on. I made a very nice stew for dinner and had an extra helping....shouldn't have cos I knew I was voer points, but I was a pig anyhow. My tum hurt this morning when I woke up and I know it's from over eating. SO I start afresh today, have started on the water, which I really don't have a problem with so I'll flush something out from yesterday and IF, NO, NOT IF..... BEING good from now until Wednesday's weigh in, I should be able to show a loss. It's still cold here but at least the sun has made an appearance today. I've had a lay in this morning and after a cuppa and my helathy in points sbreakfast, I shall be wrapping up warm and going for an extra long walk with the dogs.
SW, you walk to the beach sounds great, I love the beach at any time and have been caught in quite a few storms there myself. Great fun.
Right, time to be healthy....have a great week everyone
Closed Thread