UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

Default Any advice Please?

I am a yo yo dieter, and a BIG emotional eater.

3 times i have lost 3-4 stone with slimming world THIS time 2 1/2 stone. My marriage has ended due to my severe mental health problems. I can no longer afford to go to class.

I am going to Cal count at 22.9 stone or 317 lbs I am going to aim to have 1700-2000 cals a day and see how much I loose. 1700 on week days with 2000 on weekends

I am down to have WLS BUT have yet to be refereed to luton and ANYTHING i loose since seeing a consultant in Jan at 23.6 stone is a bonus.

Any advice or help would be great? xxxxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:50 PM   #2  

Have you tried the dash diet?

I am starting it this week. I bought a book for only $0.99 on amazon too.

The book is called DASH Diet Made Easy: 25 DASH Diet Recipes for Beginners!

by Oyam Zeza.

The recipies look great!
Joy2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236 / 226 / 190

Have you tried fasting? I only ask because I've been trying it and so far I've enjoyed it, and it's helped me with my Lyme Disease too - which has caused all kinds of neurological/emotional symptoms over the years.
AlfredLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:43 AM   #4  
Keto Warrior

S/C/G: 196/165/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm so sorry Topsy. You can get through this. I would second Alfred's suggestion of fasting but add one bit of advice - get into ketosis first. I know we don't debate diets on here (a good thing too) but ketogenic diets and fasting have a long history of improving mental health and clarity of thought. There's a reason why Dr.s call Alzhemier's "Type 3 Diabetes". If you you can get into ketosis fasting will be a breeze. Give it 4 weeks on a keto diet first to make sure you don't feel hungry on your fast. Keto eating doesn't have to be expensive - you can base your meals around eggs, cheese and bacon and throw in some cheaper cuts like chicken thighs (currently £1.89 for 1 kilo in Aldi) and fatty minced beef for variety.
MrsMcsMuffins is offline   Reply With Quote