UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-21-2016, 05:38 AM   #1  

Default Isolated newbie seeks buddy!

Hello,
I've never been on a forum before, so I hope I'm doing this properly??!

Goal = 70lbs

I'm 27, and historically battled with my weight since puberty. Mum would 'tactfully' describe me as "prone to pork" when I was younger. Anyway, it was totally manageable until 2012, when I gained about 2 stone in just under 3 months when I quit smoking! Having always been meticulous about my diet (Mums haunting ptp quip as previously mentioned ) I can't attribute it to any changes in my diet or activity levels. GP was stumped. The reason my weight jumped without intervention was because I didn't have scales during that period (can you imagine the shock when I finally did stand on them? My clothes weren't shrinking then )

To cut a long story short, since then I have seen a nutritionist/ counsellors,PT and even a hypnotherapist! All this, plus all the diets and fasts, which all work initially and then, it's as if I just give up??! And I've managed to gain a further 3 stone! *head in hands*

I have PCOS and suffer depression and anxiety (horrid combo!!!) And I'm absolutely convinced that it's behavioural rather than physiological.

My long suffering husband suggested a buddy,for support and for accountability. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any takers?
Cloudy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/219/170

Height: 5'8

Welcome!

I am new to the forum myself.

I am sorry you are having challenges. It has to be very hard to try to keep everything together.

I'm happy to offer you support where I can.

One thing to think about is choosing a lifestyle that you can work with through out your life. You will have to look at the choices out there (fasting, intuitive eating, low carb) and see what appeals to you. But then you will have to look at it as your new way of life. I try to remind myself that thin people are usually as aware of their diets as those of us who have to lose weight.

I hope that helps! Glad you are reaching out as a part of your journey toward health. x
ImEnergized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:06 PM   #3  

Thank you for your reply!

You're so right, it's tempting to assume thin people are effortless in their approach. Rather, the majority are just far more in tune with their body and what it requires. I guess I've learnt it's about balance, which is different from person to person.

I've tried all sorts but never had more success than when following a low carb diet (I hate that word) as it feels well suited to me. What about you? Are you happy to share your goals? X
Cloudy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:05 PM   #4  
banned

Not always, sometimes for myself it's really tempting to eat a bunch of chocolates, or have some cake, and i do occasionally one has to, but the key is systematic progression.

You can't just follow a specific diet outright 100% from the start and expect yourself to keep it up, you have to gradually change your diet, until you get used to it, having a buddy can definitely help if he/she is motivated to achieve a certain goal, if i were in your country i would've gladly volunteered !

Perhaps try and post an advertisement in the community where you are for someone seeking the same goals or someone already in the routine. All the best, and remember you CAN do it !

Last edited by WildRockJumper; 12-23-2016 at 12:06 PM.
WildRockJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:08 PM   #5  
banned

Go and have a look at the support group on this site too, perhaps there is someone nearby ?
WildRockJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:48 AM   #6  

Height: 5ft 5"

Hi Cloudy89,

Did you find a buddy?

I am 45 and have PCOS. I gave up smoking 3 years ago in March and that has tipped me into another stone (14lbs) overweight.

It's very depressing, like you I've tried all sorts of things but not the hypnotherapy yet..any good?

I had liposuction which helped me with my shape and I go the gym 3 times a week with a PT.

I have a feeling it may be my alcohol intake. I binge one night a week at the weekend and I'm very good at it. With friends I can drink for about 10 hours and I drink JD & coke and as I have money I can drink as many as I like, unfortunately.

So, I'm 5.5 and nearly 15 stone (all the 5's!). I would initially like to lose 2 stone (28lbs) . Doesn't seem too bad but I haven't managed it in the last two years of trying, need it gone before 50 as I want the photos to look fab.

1st thing - swap to vodka and soda water and slow the drinking down.

How did you do over Christmas?
LadyCheltenham is offline   Reply With Quote