UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:16 AM   #1  

Default Night time binge eating

Hello!
So, after many attempts at weight loss, some good some bad, this is it! I've even joined the gym!
It's all going ok until it gets to like 8pm.
My daughter is asleep and I'm watching TV and my willpower and 'Thinspiration' just goes and I totally and disgustingly eat like a pig.
Tonight, for example, I ate 3 packets of wotsits and 2 fruit corner yogurts.
Last night, 2 bowls of chocolate pillow cereal and a whole honeydew melon.
And then, when my daughter wakes up randomly through the night, and I have to go into the kitchen, I just eat something.

All my hard work throughout the day is just completely ruined.

I have to have the crisps etc in the house for my little girl and even though I know they are hers, it doesn't stop me.

I'm not even hungry. I just eat.

Help please!!
Vikki1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:47 PM   #2  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

Hi there from one Vickie to another Vikki!

I'm a night eater as well. Have been my entire life and I'll turn 60 soon! I know a lot of people just decide they won't eat after a certain hour and that's that. It works for some - it just doesn't work for me. Sometimes I can sustain that for a couple days but that's about it.

The only thing that has helped me is to plan food in the evening and middle of the night snacks into my daily allowances. I try to make what I'm eating relatively healthy as well. And - I get it prepared so that it's there and ready when the snackattack hits and I don't have to make a choice between a bowl of cereal vs something better for me.

Some nights I don't eat anything. Some nights just a part of what I've prepared and budgeted. No biggie - it just means I'm under in calories for the day.

I'm a very strong believer that you have to find what works for you and make it work for you in the best way possible.
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:52 PM   #3  

Hi Vickie!
Thank you for your reply.
What a bloomin good idea!
I don't know why I didn't think of this before.
Thank you so much!
I'm thinking maybe prepare a huge fruit salad and perhaps some yogurt and put in the fridge ready and just basically class it as another meal time.

I'm starting to learn that what works for some really doesn't work for others and that I need to do things my way.

Thank you again xx
Vikki1986 is offline   Reply With Quote