UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 298/276/199

Height: 5 ft 11

Hi all!

I'm back! Have had a mental few weeks! Busy busy busy!

Have been very very naughty but jumped back on the wagon today and so far so good! A plus is I haven't put on anything, but haven't lost anything either.

So back to it now (although I'm in Manchester all weekend for my friends 30th)...hoping to get 2 lbs off this week to give me some much needed motivation!

How's everyone else getting on?? X
Haninhudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #122  

I'm on a bit of a downer this week. I have a lot to lose and although i have lost 19lbs I can't see it yet. I have a wedding to go to in a few weeks and I can't find anything to wear that i wont feel self concious in. I hate getting my legs out and everything is too damn short

I am getting bored of salad now, I've eaten it pretty much every day for 2 months so I have turned to roasting courgettes, peppers and red onions along with my sw Chips or sweet potato. Any recommendations on what I should roast next time?
What are your favourite recipes too?
webb89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:25 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 243/204/140

Height: 63"

What about things like baked beans? pasta in home made sauce (passata, onion and veg) with linda McCartney sausages cut up through it works well. Jacket potatoes, or roasted sweet potato (or jacket sweet potato works too).
I also eat things like the batchelors macaroni cheese (1.5 syns for a packet).
Chickpea curry (people use mushy peas as a base for a curry if that helps), or veggie curry - I don't eat rice just load it up with veg.
Quorn products are good too (and a lot are free but not all so check them out). quorn lamb cutlet with new potatoes, carrots and broccoli or the nuggets with chips and beans.

I'm not much of a recipe cooker as you can tell. lol
PurpleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:55 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 185.5/176.5/140

Height: 5'6

I love roasted butternut squash.

I've made a lot of home made soups. When I cook a big meal I try and make enough to take to work for lunch the next day. That depends on access to a microwave though.

I've made a few chicken tray bakes with lemon and garlic and as much veg as I can fit in the tray - spuds, squash, carrot, onion etc. Yummy.
Moo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:21 AM   #125  

Purple J, I already eat a load of jacket spuds with beans and i love the batchelors cheese and broccoli pasta. I use passata, toms and veg for my bolognaise each week, i didn't think to use it with sausages though . i sometimes eat it on it's own like a thick soup.

I'm not a big curry fan but i will look up the recipe for that thanks.
My issue with veg at the min is that although i have had enough of lettuce and cucumbers I just can't bring myself to boil veg up everyday while it's still warm lol. I only tend to have broccoli, cauliflower etc when it's winter.
I need to check out the sw range in iceland really but it's just not a shop i think about going to so i easily forget about it.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:23 AM   #126  

ooh moo that chicken dish sounds lovely, do you use a whole chicken or just pieces?
I actually have a butternut squash in the fridge, i might roast it up for lunch
Old 08-04-2015, 05:43 PM   #127  

Amazed to say I lost 4.5lb tonight.. so got my 1 stone award In 5 weeks it feels amazing.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:52 AM   #128  

Well done purplej that's brilliant x
Old 08-05-2015, 06:25 AM   #129  

Thanks Was hoping for 2lb so was unexpected.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:29 AM   #130  

1lb loss for me this week
Old 08-07-2015, 05:56 AM   #131  

I gained 3.5 - no idea why - didn't do anything different, in fact I thought I was better than last week. I don't understand why such a hefty weight gain?????
Old 08-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #132  

Have you been drinking enough water? Done any strenuous exercise? or maybe due your cycle? just ideas, but try to look at the weight loss of a month or more so you can see it'll very likely come off next week.
Stay on plan and make sure you log everything - go back to basics to make sure no hidden syns.

Well done Webb on your loss.

I'm still struggling with locked jaw - mashed food only at the moment. on my 3rd lot of anti-biotics now ..
Old 08-14-2015, 06:41 AM   #133  

Hi All,

I've been feeling down about my weight gain but last night I lost 2.5lbs! I'm back in the game.

Hope everyone is OK.

Moo
Old 08-14-2015, 01:15 PM   #134  

Well done Moo - sticking with it when it fluctuates is hard. Really glad you saw a loss and are feeling better.

I didn't weigh on Tuesday as ended up admitted to hospital due to my locked jaw and wisdom tooth issues. Had the tooth removed under anaesthetic and jaw opened. I can open my jaw a little bit more but have been told it'll take 'months not weeks' to be right again. See consultant in 6 weeks.

Am 2lb up even though had a day of not eating - I did have chocolate and pudding on Wednesday though so concentrating on getting back on track today (came home yesterday afternoon) and am back in work tomorrow and sunday.

Still on medication for another week (anti-biotics and pain killers / ibuprofen).

Hope to see a loss Tuesday but have to take the month as a complete loss with a bumpy bit in it! lol
Old 08-14-2015, 06:18 PM   #135  

Well done moo
Oh no purple j that sound horrendous, big hugs.
Down 2 this week . Although I've been making cakes today for my aunties massive birthday BBQ for tomorrow so I'm sure that wil be gained back by Sunday lol