UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:59 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 298/276/199

Height: 5 ft 11

Apologies for my spelling...it's not me, it's myipad that just changes every other word!! X
Haninhudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:28 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 237.4 / 228.6 / 140

Height: 5' 7''

Quote:
one scoop of be and Kerry's is between 16-35 syns!!!! Is it worth it!?!? Xx
Wow! I had no idea! Luckily I don't really like ice cream and the place we're going to doesn't have any desserts I particularly like so I should be fine on that front. Last time I went they did have a killer mango pudding but I think that was for the lunch time menu only so hopefully it won't be there to tempt me
MaoMao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:50 AM   #33  

I know...my friend told whow bad ben and Jerrys was! Well let me know how you go! What day is your weigh in? X
Old 06-17-2015, 06:50 AM   #34  

I weigh on Saturday mornings but I did hop on the scales this morning as I was curious (that and tomorrow is my cinema and restaurant day so wanted to see if it would make a difference) and I'm down just over a pound since Saturday. However, I'm not putting too much reliance on that as I know weight can fluctuate on a daily basis for various reasons so I'll just be going with my Saturday weight

My hubby told me he's making me breakfast in bed tomorrow for our anniversary and I asked him what he's making me as I don't want to go off plan. He's making me a berry salad (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, pomegranate and blackcurrants) with a Muller Light yogurt and a cup of my favourite coffee So thoughtful!
Old 06-19-2015, 05:04 AM   #35  

Well......yesterday was a complete write-off! Breakfast started well, all free, loads of fresh berries, lovely lovely. Then my hubby decided to take me out for lunch and that's where it all started going wrong!

There was nothing (and I really mean nothing!) on the menu that I could have had to keep on plan so I went for a rare roast beef sandwich (no dressing or sauces), which would have been ok except for the fries and onion rings! My hubby and I shared a small portion of each so it wasn't terrible...I thought I'd just try one fry but they turned out to be, quite possibly, the best fries I've ever tasted! They were so good so I scarfed down more than my hubby! My drink was very low cal, no alcohol and then I switched to water so I guess that was ok. We shared a small dessert...it was so good...I'm not sorry.

The cinema was fine, I had two pieces of popcorn and that was enough for me to realise I really didn't want it. No drink either.

Dinner came, again we went out and I ended up having something NOT healthy! It was a Chinese restaurant so everything was covered in sweet, sticky, delicious sauce and I did have one alcoholic drink but switched to water again after that. No dessert this time either. Unfortunately we had a cupcake each when we got home and I don't think it was good enough to warrant the syns. Oh well

It could have been a lot worse I guess. Still, one small blip won't undo the work I've done so far. Totally back on plan today, tonnes of fruit and veg for breakfast and lunch and a nice healthy dinner tonight. Will be keeping the syns low today, around 5 I guess.

How's everyone else getting on?
Old 06-19-2015, 07:03 PM   #36  

Well good luck for tomorrow's weigh in...I dont think its a bad thing to bebad once in a while....if anything, I think it keeps you on plan more in the long run!

I've done ok ish this week...I've been working away from home on set all week sorts really hard to eat when. The catering vans are in for lunch and been in a hotel 4 nights not easy to keep on plan....I haven't to be fair, but tried to make good choices.

Plus this week, three people have asked if I've lost weight...and as we all know that keeps you going when the compliments start to roll in!

Good luck for tomoz...let us know how you've done! X
Old 06-21-2015, 01:22 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 156/156/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,

I am a newbie to the site. I am starting slimming world tomorrow. I won't be going to groups or anything like that. My friend is a slimming world consultant and has sent me a good starter pack.

I'm thinking of predominantly doing red (original) as I have that the results are really good.

What plan have you all found easier and do you have any tips?

I have very little will power, hence why I thought I would join this, to try to keep myself focussed and on track if I can see others doing it.

So hi everyone (waves)
Nixnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #38  

Welcome Nixnax! I hope you enjoy Slimming World and that the red days work out well for you. I've always leaned more towards green days as I'm not really a big fan of meat and I did pretty well on them the last time I was on SW. However, the plan is designed so that both plans will work so it's all about finding what's right for you. Extra Easy days are great too, though I did find that my losses were a little slower when I did EE.

In terms of tips, if you're doing it from home (which I am) I'd highly recommend keeping a log of everything you're eating and the number of syns you have, especially for the first few weeks. It'll help to keep you on track and if you find that your losses slow or stop your food diary will be a great place to start to figure out why it may have happened and if there are any changes you could make. Be sure to use your healthy extras every day too and go nuts on the free fruit and veg

Haninhudds, as for me, I don't want to talk about my weigh-in this week lol! I'll see how I am next week I know what you mean about having trouble staying on plan while working away. I have to work away from home quite a bit myself and end up in hotels 3 or 4 nights a week...there are very few SW friendly restaurants out there, especially when the only thing close is the pub attached to the hotel I'm sure that the good choices you made will pay off though
Old 06-21-2015, 02:16 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 156/156/120

Height: 5'3"

MaoMao, thanks for diary advice. I don't plan to use the syns in the week as I do like a few drinks a Friday night he he. I shall be saving some up for that. I will also be using them for treats. I intend to use them up. If the loss is very slow then I shall cut down on my syn usage.
Nixnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:44 AM   #40  

Never mind Mao.....today is a new day! Keep going!!!

Nix im on extra easy as a veggi....so I can't give u any advice to n red days...

And lost -2 this week....whoop! X
Old 06-22-2015, 07:30 AM   #41  

Well done Haninhudds, that's excellent! So far so good today...only free foods have entered my stomach! I do need to buy lunch today from a shop and I know Starbucks is just over the other side of the road so I'll be exercising some willpower to walk past the hazelnut mochas! If I close my eyes and concentrate reeeeally hard I'm sure the plain garden salad I'll probably buy will taste just as good...
Old 06-22-2015, 08:41 AM   #42  

Hahah! Im like that with Starbuckss although luckily my office is in mums back garden so when im working from office I don't have the temptation. I think small skinny lattes from Costa are only 3 1/2 syns tho...so Costa is a good shout when u need a caffeine pick me up! X
Old 06-25-2015, 05:37 PM   #43  

Such a busy week this week....busiest week of my year and have eaten soooo much rubbish! I, already writing this week off....had a Dominos and a full block of cheese on 2 days!!!

How's everyone else doing? X
Old 06-26-2015, 01:06 PM   #44  

Quote:
had a Dominos and a full block of cheese
Haha! Sounds just like me! I've had good days and bad days this week. I ended up having a Dominos too that I shared with my hubby. We had the thin crust so wasn't as bad as it could have been and it was nice!

After my 9lb loss the first week I gained 4 back the second week, probably from the meal out and the bad weekend. However, I wasn't really surprised since 9lbs is a lot to lose in one week so I figured some of it must just be a blip. TOM didn't help either. Anyway, I weighed myself this morning and I'm 2lbs down this week so that's a nice result
Old 06-29-2015, 06:48 PM   #45  

That's great....-2 is the optimum weekly weight loss I think!

I STS this week and am lucky to have done so....was only fully on plan 2 days out of 7 and was working at the theatre half o the week, which is a nightmare for eating quickly and eating lots of crap.

Let me know how you get on this week! X