UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 16st12/16st8/11st

Height: 5ft6

Smile Just wanted to say hi

Hiya

I wanted to introduce myself, I am here to lose some weight and hopefully be able to give and receive some support on the way.

I used to be around 22 stone and then lost a lot of weight and got down to 12 stone. Then when I had my daughter Emily who is now 3 I put the weight back on and am currently just under 17 stone.

I have been counting the calories now for a week, and also got a fitbit which has helped me to increase my activity.

My family are really supportive of me losing weight and have been going out on walks with me, and helping me with eating healthy (my husband does a lot of the cooking).

My main struggle is snacks at work, I find that I always fancy a munch during the day, and I am not that keen on fruit so I struggle with knowing what to eat. I also eat when I am bored.

Nice to meet you all and looking forward to sharing this adventure with you.

Helen x
kawaii_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #2  
old bird member

S/C/G: CW 86kg GW 62kg

Height: 168cm

Hi Helen, I too have just joined this group today,Good luck
bigbirdnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:23 AM   #3  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

Hello Helen and a big welcome from one mum to another

I am in the later stages of pregnancy (36+2) and I so far so good in keeping my pregnancy weight under control - though I shouldn't have eaten 18 onion rings last night!!!!

I am also calorie counting at the moment and then working with a nutritionist to put together a post pregnancy diet plan. And I am expecting to have about 3 stone to lose after the baby has born because I was in the middle of losing weight when I became pregnant.

Nice to hear that I am not alone with the pregnancy weight to lose though and I do hope it goes well for you!
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 03:49 PM   #4  
Yummy Mummy

S/C/G: 302/285/196

Height: 5'4"

Hello

Argh Those naughty daytime munchies ... they're pesky aren't they! I have found that the best way to keep on track is to be aware that I'm going to snack and to plan for it. It takes a bit of prep but if you're keen it is worth doing. One of my fav tricks is to bake some 50 calorie cookies and pack them in 2's so I know I can have a 100 calorie snack that feels naughty. Also nuts and seeds are extra yummy with a bit of prep. Any seeds or nuts are amazing tossed in a few tablespoons of soy sauce and roasted off in the oven. it gives you that salty/sweet/fatty thing which really satisfies a munchy craving. Again work out the weight for 100 cals and pack 'em up when cooled.

Just learn from my experiences and avoid all those awful diet bars and 'low fat' stuff. Like ALL processed foods, they're PACKED with hidden sugars and because they're really low in carbs and protein they don't fill you up. best of luck x
BreakAllTheRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:56 AM   #5  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Hi Helen,

I got around the snack at work issue by not taking any with me and leaving my wallet at home. it was hard for a few days but I soon got used to it. drinking plenty of water helps too.

As for activity. check out the parkrun. Saturday morning 9am 5k 'run' but people do power walk. plenty push buggys around too.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote