UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/221/150

Height: 5'5

Default What do you eat for breakfast? In need of ideas.

Hey,

was wondering what everyone eats for breakfast. I'm in need of some new inspiration and ideas on things to try to mix the mornings up.

Josanne
josanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:15 AM   #2  

Hey josanne,

I went Paleo a couple weeks a go, so my breakfast looks pretty much like this:

- Eggs (in everyway: omlette, scrambled etc)
- fruits (most of the times citrus, as it burns fat )
- and the best part always: my smoothies
do you have a smothie mixer? you can be so creative with it and it always tastes awesome
jerah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:35 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

How does citrus burn fat? I've never heard of that.

For breakfast these days one of my favourite things is 1/2 cup of stewed fruit (apple or rhubarb are favourites, though usually rhubarb is too expensive here) and 1/2 cup of yoghurt. Or yoghurt and fresh fruit such as a pear or red apple. Plus 1 tsp of mixed seeds such as sunflower, sesame, linseed and pumpkin. Either or several of these will be fine. They have good value nutrition.

by yoghurt i mean whole milk unsweetened yoghurt. Avoid the sweetened stuff and in my opinion you are better off avoiding the low fat stuff too.

With that lot above, i might also have one fried egg on one wholegrain toast with a little butter and use 1tsp of olive oil to cook the egg in.

Or you can fried or grilled tomatoes on wholegrain toast.

Or cheese and tomato on toast - but use the high protein cheeses like traditional cheddar or parmesan

Or ricotta cheese on toast with some tomato and or cucumber. That's pretty nice actually.

Or i used to have 1/2 cup of rolled oats with 1 cup milk, and 1 chopped apple or pear. with the fruit you can generally avoid the need for sugar.

Those are the sorts of things i mainly eat for breakfast though when i'm feeing lazy at the moment i have 1 cup cornflakes and 1 cup milk with a literal pinch of sugar.

Plus i always have nescafe coffee with milk and no sugar.

Its a good idea to try to include some protein in your breakfast. I don't find it easy but its a good idea.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:35 AM   #4  
Comes with Warning Label

S/C/G: 17st3/15st2/14st

Height: 5ft 7

Shake, i have 0 appetite in the morning so a shake is perfect for me. (not to mention the Cambridge diet is all about shakes)
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #5  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

A spirutein shake made with non-sweetened almond milk, a spoonful of instant espresso powder, one sweet-n-low in a vita mix with ice. 130 calories of creamy caffeine heaven!
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I've been eating egg muffins (first recipe) in the morning. Mine aren't exactly the same, but very similar, and you can tweak to what you like. I love making a batch so that I can just nuke and eat all week.

My daughter loves smoothies. I soak chia seeds in almond milk overnight, then put that into our magic bullet with one or a few frozen fruit (banana, blueberry or strawberry), some baby spinach, and sometimes either 1/2 T of nutella or natural peanut butter.

Before I was gluten free I loved high fiber breakfast sandwiches or wraps made with egg or egg white, veggies, optional meat or cheese, and whatever spread.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 228/221/150

Height: 5'5

some really great suggestions thank you

I've just been brought a blender that I can make smoothys in so will get experimenting with that, and i will take a trip to the shops to try out some of the other suggestions. I love bacon sandwiches and could eat them every morning without fail but know that not the most sensible plan. I have eggs in stock so that will be tomorrows breakfast plan.

Thanks Josanne x
josanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by josanne View Post
some really great suggestions thank you

I've just been brought a blender that I can make smoothys in so will get experimenting with that, and i will take a trip to the shops to try out some of the other suggestions. I love bacon sandwiches and could eat them every morning without fail but know that not the most sensible plan. I have eggs in stock so that will be tomorrows breakfast plan.

Thanks Josanne x
If you like bacon sandwiches, continue to eat them. I would just make sure that your total bread is 100 calories or fewer and high in fiber, and make sure you're choosing center cut bacon (or turkey bacon if you're not opposed) as it's the leanest kind.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #9  
yogini99

S/C/G: 137/125/123

Height: 5'6"

I avoid any type of carb as it makes me starving 2 hrs later.
I like eggs/cheese cooked up in butter or coconut oil
Yogini99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #10  
yogini99

S/C/G: 137/125/123

Height: 5'6"

green smoothie- frozen berries, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, spinach or kale, lemon and green powder. For extra cals you can add some avocado which is delicious- you don't taste it- it just makes it creamier.
Gives me a TON of energy and the energy feels alot better than caffeine energy. Keeps me full a long time.
I mix it all up in the vitamix.
Yogini99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #11  

I have the same breakfast almost everyday.. banana with almond butter and 2 or 3 hardboiled egg whites.

For my mid morning snack I either do plain greek yogurt with fruit and some chia seeds or some oatmeal with fruit
MsMatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I also do green smothies in the morning. My staple is usually unsweetned almond milk, spinach, berries, 1/2 cup pineapple and one inch banana.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #13  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Oats.

A can of smoked oysters.

And a can of sardines.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Default smoothie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerah View Post
Hey josanne,

I went Paleo a couple weeks a go, so my breakfast looks pretty much like this:

- Eggs (in everyway: omlette, scrambled etc)
- fruits (most of the times citrus, as it burns fat )
- and the best part always: my smoothies
do you have a smothie mixer? you can be so creative with it and it always tastes awesome
I have a blender. What kind of smoothies do you make.
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 310/290.8/199

Height: 5'7

My FAV. smoothie. is 8oz of green tea and a handful of kale, blend till it looks juice like. Then add 1.5 cups of frozen strawberries, and .5 cup blueberries and a few ice cubes, blend again. Then stir in a tablespoon of flax seed

I tend to eat a smoothie first thing when I wake up. Then if need be an egg, peanut butter toast or dry cereal later in the morning if I need it before lunch time.
mb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote