UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:19 AM   #1  
Trying hard

Height: 5'.5"

Default Starting to shape the new me today.

Just got back. I’ve had the go ahead from my doctor and being weighed and measured was a sobering experience I can tell you. Thank the lord the practice nurse was only slightly slimmer than me.
I am having 4 shakes a day (Shake that Weight) for 3 days to kick start me, and 3 a day with a healthy evening meal for the rest of the week. Then, after my first weigh in, I’ll take it from there.
I hope this euphoria I feel today will last. However I know if I do start to wander off the regime, I’ll get sympathy and support on here.
I also hope to set up a weight tracker, when the forum fairies allow me to. Apparently, there is something called ‘the ticker factory’ which is easy to set up so long as I ask someone on here which code to choose… It’s all Greek to me.
Here are my stats and I am deeply, deeply ashamed
Weight 18st 9lbs: Bust 53” waist 53” hips 58and a half” I look like an over the hill pear

Last edited by Dollydimple; 03-14-2014 at 06:21 AM.
Dollydimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/146/140

Height: 5'2"

I just want to reiterate that you are STARTING THIS IN A STATE OF EUPHORIA!

That is a very difficult thing for most folks to accomplish much less start with. So KUDOS! from across the pond. (Sorry, I'm not in the UK but I just happened to take a poke at your thread which popped up)
Feeling good about this is a major accomplishment in and of itself. Try and ride that wave and lose the shame. There is absolutely no shame in trying to get healthy nor should there be any shame in acknowledging your current or past struggles. Shame really doesn't serve any good-willed person. AT ALL. So, forget about it. Not applicable to you.
Just try to be patient both with the weight loss and with yourself. If there was one thing I had to learn about weight loss it was P A T I E N C E.
Earthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:47 AM   #3  
Trying hard

Height: 5'.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
I just want to reiterate that you are STARTING THIS IN A STATE OF EUPHORIA!

That is a very difficult thing for most folks to accomplish much less start with. So KUDOS! from across the pond. (Sorry, I'm not in the UK but I just happened to take a poke at your thread which popped up)
Feeling good about this is a major accomplishment in and of itself. Try and ride that wave and lose the shame. There is absolutely no shame in trying to get healthy nor should there be any shame in acknowledging your current or past struggles. Shame really doesn't serve any good-willed person. AT ALL. So, forget about it. Not applicable to you.
Just try to be patient both with the weight loss and with yourself. If there was one thing I had to learn about weight loss it was P A T I E N C E.

Awww thanks Earthling, they are some wise words from you. I pop all over the site, not just in the UK so don't be a stranger now. I think I'm so happy because I am at last taking control of myself.
Dollydimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 243 start / 235 now/ 154 goal

Height: 167cm

Hi Dolly

Very brave of you to go to the doctor, so really well done for taking the step (I have to be dragged in kicking!) I also feel really positive for the first time ever about losing weight and I think like Earthling said, it's a really good place to start from.

Lots of luck with your weight loss.

From another over the hill pear

Marie x
MarieDK is offline   Reply With Quote