UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #1  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Default Please don't assume it's all related to your weight!

Hi all, long time no speaky!
I am back in the zone now after months of illness...... a house move..... an attempt at getting back to work....twice..... and a fairly major op 2 weeks ago.
Before I went into hospital I had had months of feeling exhausted, low and being ill all the time. I didn't want to go to my GP with "tired all the time" as I "knew" that it was all my fault for being fat.
Turns out I was really quite anaemic and needed a hefty dose of iron right away.
So now despite still recovering from fairly major surgery to my chest, I feel 1000 times better thanks to the iron!
So ladies PLEASE don't assume everything is weight related and "your fault", go and get the medical help you need!
Donna
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #2  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

Thanks for posting this. !! Alot of the times it could medical reason why we are heavy as well. My sister had a really hard time losing weight she went to the doctor for a physical and they found out she had an issue with her thyroid. After she got that taken care of thw weigjt came off.
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/144/130

Height: 5 foot 3

Seconded, turned out I was extremely low on iron too and my tummy's flattened a lot since I started taking that! (I say that, I still have a belly and a lot of weight to lose, but I'm nowhere near as lethargic)
Lizbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #4  

Hey guys, I can vouch for this too. I have heaps of medical issues;

Insulin resistance
Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome (One ovary left)
Horrendous Hormonal Problems
Excess Facial Hair and Acne
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Depression & Anxiety
Exhaustion & Insomnia
Painful Joints
Terrible Immune System

And yet I weigh only 8 and a half stone, the optimum weight for my height and age (26 years).

So yes Mountain Walker... symptoms aren't always to do with your weight.
jt00010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:02 AM   #5  

It is important to choose right one since the first time. Thank you for the tips. Proper care will save money in long term.
freshhoney is offline   Reply With Quote