You have expanded my cultural horizons

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • 3CatsMeow - Cheans on toast sounds good, def gonna try it in that order.

Creativian - Who are your fav British authors? I'm not married to a Brit, but in my mind I've had marital relations with Richard Armitage.
  • Douglas Adams, P.G. Wodehouse, Jane Austen, Stephen Fry... and finding new ones all the time. Possibly Bill Bryson; not sure how to categorize him, but he's fab. I'm wondering if I should include J.K. Rowling. I liked the Harry Potter series but didn't manage to finish The Casual Vacancy, and I haven't had a chance yet to read those mysteries she wrote under a pen name.

Oh yeah--mystery writers. P.D. James. Arthur Conan Doyle.
  • I was just saying yesterday that I wanted to read a mystery. I'll consider this fate and give P.D. James a go.
  • I lived in London for a few years because I went to uni there and have never quite recovered from it. I still can't Hershey's chocolate (it's just bad after eating Galaxy) and I picked up a lot of "weird" food preferences you don't see too often here.
  • Quote: I was just saying yesterday that I wanted to read a mystery. I'll consider this fate
    Must be.

amwm2wm3mm, I am curious about your weird preferences. Is Marmite involved?

Sometimes my husband and I like to pick up those little bags of Walker's potato chips (excuse me, crisps) at specialty stores. They've got wild flavours you never see in our chips, like prawn cocktail and roast beef. They're good.