3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   What do you eat for breakfast? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/281696-what-do-you-eat-breakfast.html)

metalfirecracker 05-16-2013 09:15 AM

What do you eat for breakfast?

Just thought it would be interesting to see what everyone eats for breakfast, since I've only started having it in the morning.

I love my new breakfast, and it takes minutes to make, but fills me up for ages.

1 wholegrain pitta bread toasted- 125cal
2 egg whites fried in 1cal spray - 45cal
1 tsp ketchup - 18cal
10g grated medium cheddar melted over eggs while frying - 41cal
Total: 229calories

I work from home, but if you needed to, you could wrap in tin foil and eat on the way to work. It keeps me full and stops me snacking, as it doesn't feel like I'm depriving myself of anything.

I have breakfast around 10am, have a snack like a crackerbread with linessa cottage cheese (from lidl, the only cottage cheese I like) + a slice of wafer thin ham at 4pm and usually don't eat again till dinner around 7pm.

This leaves me enough calories to have a big dinner and another snack or some low fat natural yoghurt and fruit later on in the evening.

What do you have for breakfast?

Quirky Chick 05-16-2013 09:31 AM

I go back and forth on things for breakfast. Sometimes I do multigrain cheerios w/ 1% milk, or a greek yogurt, a little fruit, puffed red wheat cereal with wheat germ (has absolutely nothing else added) w/ milk and a strawberry, or lately I've been doing vitamin & antioxidant boosted smoothies: have about all the vitamins you can think of plus needed minerals, and fiber.

Rhiko 05-16-2013 11:25 AM

Typically I eat cereal. At the moment, I'm eating 30g of Original Special K with 100g of low fat milk. I think it's about 260 calories, or something. Otherwise, if I'm running late to uni, I'll have an apple at 72 calories and a small sandwich from Pita Pit to complete breakfast when my class if finished. Together, these are 350 cals, I think (I don't have my phone on me to check my log).

cincorn 05-16-2013 11:33 AM

1-Minute Muffin
1/4 cup Flax Meal
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 packet Splenda
1 teaspoon Cinamon
1 Egg
1-2 teaspoons Butter (melted)

1.5 Carbs

Mix the dry ingredients in a large coffe cup. Add egg and butter; mix well. Microwave for 50-seconds to 1-minute. Muffin pops right out.

This is the "original" recipe low-carb dieters have been using for a while. I make different versions. I like to use half flax meal, half almond meal. so that is 2 TBS flax meal and 2TBS almond meal. I think the texture is better but add a carb, making the muffin about 2.5 carbs and about 240 calories. I slather with cream cheese. I hope you enjoy!

CaityCait88 05-16-2013 11:35 AM

Usually I go for:

Greek yogurt and piece of fruit

or

3 egg whites w/ 1 slice lite wheat toast

or

smoothie with scoop of protein powder with only a few berries and mostly spinach/kale

All are 2 WW points plus

IanG 05-16-2013 12:00 PM

When I am at home, I eat two slices of low calorie bread, spread with light mayonaise and raw mushrooms. Love the stuff.

When I am not at home, I have a boiled egg with something else like a fruit salad.

NorthernChick13 05-16-2013 04:26 PM

Peanut butter on a banana if I am running super late, or a fruit smoothie with frozen fruit and protein powder!

Lecomtes 05-16-2013 06:59 PM

Ian, now that is a sandwich I've never tried! Now I'm curious to do so!

My typical b-fast opinions are
1) none (typically I'll just eat one apple or oarage)
2) an egg on 1/2 an english muffin or low cal bread with a mandarin orange
3) Low cal greek yogurt with 1/2 cup fresh berried
4) 2 egg omelette made with 1 cup of whatever veggies are on hand
5) 1 cup cream of wheat
6) Green smoothie with fruit/kale/spinach/flax
7) Homemade quiche (made with skim milk & veggies)

3fcuser291505109 05-16-2013 10:40 PM

pretty much 2 slices low calorie bread toasted and on it i put a scrambled egg white, 2 slices turkey bacon, melted cheddar cheese and strawberry or raspberry jam...delicious sweet saltiness.
i've lately substituted sugar free smuckers jam because it's much lower in calories but sucks compared to reg. jam

Crow 05-17-2013 04:58 AM

Bowl of cereal and half a banana (baby gets the other half).

BuffyInSunnydale 05-17-2013 10:31 AM

I usually have All bran with semi skimmed milk and i like to slice a banana into it.
Or i have Muesli or bran flakes with fruit. Both of those again with semi skimmed milk.

Leaves 05-17-2013 10:37 AM

Weekdays is a sachet of microwave porridge and a cup of tea with 1% milk for about 120 cal, but at the weekends we have scrambled eggs on toast with fresh coffee. Delicious :)

joefla70 05-17-2013 10:45 AM

I had a couple of these this morning. They are "Broccoli And Cheese Mini Egg Omelets" that I found on skinnytaste.com. I make them with Eggbeaters Florentine and Friendship 1% Whipped Cottage Cheese (rather than regular eggs and cheese which the recipe calls for. It brings the calorie count down to about 55 each.) I make a batch of 12 and put them in the fridge for a full work-week of easy breakfast yumminess! I just pop 'em in the microwave for a minute and they're done.

These are SO easy and quick to prepare-- especially using the Eggbeaters, and clean-up is really easy too.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-E2HnBHUWkQ...gg-omelets.jpg

http://skinnytaste.ziplist.com/recip...Frecipes%2Fbox

IanG 05-17-2013 12:20 PM

Thanks Lecomtes. I normally toast the bread and have two "open" sandwiches with the two slices of bread. That way you get more raw mushrooms in ya! Peel the mushrooms to get rid of the slimey skin! Delish.

1987 05-17-2013 05:29 PM

I like to keep it varied. At the moment it tends to be one of the following:

Muesli or Special K/Fruit & Fibre with optional fruit e.g. strawberries, plums, apple or banana

Porridge with fruit

Rice cakes with cream cheese and cucumber/tomato

Fruit salad (strawberries, apple, banana, raisins, pineapple) and an optional yoghurt