UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 14stone/9.5stone

Height: 5ft4inchs

Default Uk members prescribed Xenical

Hi

I'm 32, 5ft 4in and weigh 14 stone. My GP has prescribed Xenical 120mg three times daily.

I started it on Friday Morning. He explained I must eat a low fat diet - under 15g per meal.

I was expecting the horror stories so prepared for the orange oily poo! - since Friday I have eaten well under 45g fat per day and I'm also running ( training for 5k and half marathon runs)

I thought I would be having regular bowel motions - the opposite has occurred! I have read that this can happen and the lack of oily orange poo means I'm eating correctly. Does anyone else share this experience?

My goal weight is 9st 2lb - my post weight. That is post lithuim weight - Bipolar medication.

Look forward to your experiences
Rachel32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I noticed you are not getting any responses about alli so I looked up a couple links for you
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does...does-work.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does...iet-pills.html
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 14stone/9.5stone

Height: 5ft4inchs

Thank you
Rachel32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/168/154

Height: 5ft 7in

Hi,
I don't think everyone gets the 'bad' effects, and this is much less likely to happen if you do abide by the GP's advice. I bought some a while back - privately - as I qualified via the BMI recommendations. I have had none of the negative effects, although I am a bit more 'regular'! I looked at Amazon reviews before buying and was nearly put off, but then again some people there are - by their own admission - not taking it appropriately. There is scientific support for Alli, but as with everything else it is only effective if taken in accordance with recommendations, and even then, some people will experience the negative effects.
ATW

Last edited by Angusthewestie; 05-05-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Angusthewestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #5  
A long way to go.....

S/C/G: 350/350/290

Height: 5'11

ive had these before. I was on them for over 7 months and once I had got used to them they worked great.

Yes the first month I was bad.. and yes you get the bad effect.

However from then on once i did cut out the fatty foods it all went reasonably back to normal.

I have just been prescribed them again and questioning weather to take them or not.

I have alot to lose and with the training I am going to be doing they will work well. However I do not want to be reliant on them.

Matt
irishguy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #6  

Hi

You only get the side effects if your eating food with more than 5g of fat per 100g

I have been on them since Jan 13th and have lost over 4 stone.
redglittershoes is offline   Reply With Quote