3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > UK Fat Chicks

UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

UK Girlies!!!

Old 07-04-2013, 04:55 AM   #16

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Welcome KoKo, glad to have you on board! That sounds like an attainable and realistic goal Do you have a plan in mind?

One cheese for every 5lbs gone forever!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #17
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

Good Morning UK Chickies!
I'm happy to see this thread becoming a bit more active - I'm quite a chatty chickie!

I've been stuck at (technically a couple of lbs above) my ticker weight for a couple of weeks - I can't seem to get the motivation to be strict with my food, I have started back at the gym and am doing 5k every other night but I know I need a kick up the bum with my food!

How is everyone's Thursday so far?

"It's not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
purplekitten7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #18

S/C/G: 245/245/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi Leaves!

Thanks - i'm quite excited Hmmmm plan. Honestly? Not so much lol I think i'll just go with clean eating and being a lot more active. I work from home, so i'm indoors and sat on my bum all day.

The really sad thing, is I have a gym which is literally around the corner. I could be there in less than 3 minutes if I were to leave the house right now. Quite ridiculous that i'm sat here and letting the spare tyres accumulate when I have the remedy so close...I'm completely ashamed lol

When did you start your weight loss journey? Do you have a specific plan that's working for you?

Purplekitten7 - Hello!

Ahhh i'm the exact same. If I want a chocolate, there is literally nothing that can stop me from having it, and that's my main problem aside from detesting exercise. Maybe we can motivate each other in that aspect, as i'm not strict enough when it comes to the nibbles!

Good on your for getting back to the gym though are you doing any particular exercises or working more on a certain part of your body?

Thursday so far is a bit naff to be honest...I've eaten 7 little Cadburys pralines, and i'm not even sorry I promise to finish them all tonight so there's no temptation to eat any more tomorrow!
KomenciDenove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:21 AM   #19

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Koko- Sounds like a good start, and you should totally make use of that gym! How useful to have one nearby. Sadly there aren't really any that are nearby to me, or affordable, so I have to make do with what I can get in for free. I'm a calorie counter, using an app on my phone and I kind of started in January as a new years resolution! But I suppose my more official start was sometime in February when I actually bought some scales

Purplekitten- yes! Me too! Whatever happened to the UK chat thread, lol.

One cheese for every 5lbs gone forever!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #20
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

KomenciDenove - glad I'm not the only one! I am being very good today though, I have had a cup of green tea this morning and a banana. I have some home made soup with me for lunch and some pineapple and melon chunks...now if I can just stop myself from buying some junk on my lunch break I'll be sorted In terms of the gym I'm currently becoming a 5k-aholic! Was "training" for Race for Life for the last couple of months which I did last Sunday (45 minutes woohoo!) and I had such a blast that I signed up for a Colour Run in Brighton in September which looks AMAZING, so I'm trying to do 5k every other day on the treadmill gradually building up how long I'm running for with the aim of running the whole 5k in September! Other than that I'm doing a mixture of resistance machines and the rowing machine, as well as the bike - I really want to try a spin class but I'm far too chicken at the minute! My real problem area is my stomach but I don't seem to be doing anything aimed at that! Oops!

Leaves - It seemed to just fizzle out I was very sad! But at least we're bringing it back now! Not having a gym nearby must be hard, I find it much easier to work out when I can see the gym from my window at work all day - it shames me into going! Although, going for nice long walks etc is much nicer on the outside!

"It's not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
purplekitten7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #21
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I'm Shell from Hereford - I'm 29 and seriously looking to shed a couple of stone by the time I'm 30 in December!

The difference between success and failure is the determination to suceed
Every Little Helps

sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #22
Perpetual Dieter

S/C/G: 191/187/130

Height: 5'2

Hey, I move around between Reading, North London and various places in hampshire with work.
Aiming to get down to a healthy weight, taking it a few lbs at a time.
Thinking of joining a weightloss group once I settle down but I don't know if I would get much out of it.
Kayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #23

S/C/G: 235/235/182

Height: 165.1

I am Jo.. I am 28 years old, a type 1 diabetic from Essex.
Stepped on the scales earlier and shocked - I have on a low carb eating thing to reduce amount of insulin and been exercising 3-4 times a week (stationary cycle). I am limited to exercise as recovering from an icky eye op.
Catareta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #24

S/C/G: 207/155/128

Height: 5'5"

Hiya, I'm declaring my self an honorary UK girly. I'm US born, but have been living (mostly) in London for my entire adult life. So although I'm American, I face the same dilemmas as a UK girl (OK middle aged lady) in terms of finding products and advice.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #25
Dream BIG to be small!

S/C/G: (kg)75/74/46

Height: 159cm 5"2

Hello I'm glad I found this thread! I'm technically not from the UK, but I'm currently studying in Bristol! I'd really like to lose around 5 stone by the end of next May - so about 4kg/8lbs a month!

My mini goal for now is to drop to around 60kg by end of December (sorry for all the different units, I'm more comfortable with metric units!)

I wish everyone all the best! Don't give up! We can do this together.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body. But rather, to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, yelling, "Holy spaghetti, what a ride it's been!""
unidestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #26

I have about 5 stone to lose Live in Newcastle x
determinedjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #27

S/C/G: 170/154/138

Hey girlies. New kent member ahoy. Been dieting since last october, hit my lowest weight 10st1.5 and struggled to loose that last 1.5lbs to get to my goal. Since then lost all motivation and dedication, back up to 11st and feeling frumpy. Not so great. Want to get back there ideally before new year eeeek.
Speciallizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #28

S/C/G: 204/196.5/133

Height: 5'5

Hi! this is my first post, i signed up to 3FC this morning. Im 24 and have 4-4.5 stone to lose. i have a few mini goals in mind and a number of weddings in spring which id like to be at least 2-3 stone lighter for. my ultimate goal i suppose is doing this in a healthy manner. I (probably like every other person on here) have yo-yo'ed tried all things under the sun from dukan to soup to starvation and back round to binging again, each time feeling worse than the last.

Over the last 2 year i have put on about 2 stone while all the time trying to lose it, somehow after the first sucessful week of sticking to a diet i will reward myself for the next month with cake and curry :/

However now i feel the time has come for me to look at my weight in a different light, i have joined this site for support and ideas and meeting like minded people. I want to become healthier as my ultimate goal, i am 4 stone over weight, i dont exercise, i smoke and i eat everything under the sun. Recently my mother passed away from cancer and my father had a severe stroke. While i know these situations cannot be blamed on lifestyle and health solely there are always elements that we can change and at least try our hardest to do the best for ourselves, and i feel i have an obligation to at least try.

I havent really found my way around the site yet so any helpful tips would be really appreciated i hope to chat to lots of you soon! xxx

oh ps im from the channel islands
missdelilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #29

S/C/G: 207/155/128

Height: 5'5"

Hi MissDelilah,

So sorry to hear you lost both your parents at the age of 24 I can only imagine how difficult that must be.

As for any dieting advice, I find counting calories to be the only sane way to lose weight, and since it retrains your palate, and makes you more food aware, so you're far more likely to keep the weight off.

(Just my 2 cents worth)
Old 11-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #30

S/C/G: 204/196.5/133

Height: 5'5

Hi DSL1, thank you for your advice, there are so many options its hard to find the best but so far i think calorie counting and low carb will provide the best for me. im going to do a bit food shop on saturday and prep over the weekend for the coming weeks meals. Is there a thread on shopping lists perhaps? ill have a look around. how are you doing on the weight loss journey yourself? xx
missdelilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.