UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:16 AM   #1  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Default UK Chicks Chat 3

Hello all, happy new year to you!

Starting a new thread because the other got too long......

I'm crawling back in here with a fierce determination to stop letting life get in the way of my goal!

Will go and catch up on all I've missed and be back later to post more

Think slim guys
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #2  

Ahhhhh just read through the other thread and it's so lovely to see it busy again!

Hellooooooo to all you oldies, glad to see everyone still at it, whoop!

And an even bigger hello to the newbies, it's great to have you!

I'm a UK chick living in Thailand and I really should have met my goal by now.... However, judging by both the tightness of my clothes and my christmas holidy pics I'm going in completely the wrong way.............

So, I'm back on the wagon, good food choices and exercise, a lot less drinking and generally being good to myself.

I'm doing it without a scale this time, clothes and image will tell me I'm on the right track, and when I'm home in April I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be at goal weight, if that isn't motivation I don't know what is!!!!

How's everyone else doing? Are the resolutions holding up?

I'm goig to try and come up with an exercise plan, it's really not that easy to do here, but that's no excuse not to try. I'll be back later to post what I've decided on and am also going to start a daily food log post to keep me accountable, please post yours too if you'll think it'll help

TC x
Old 01-05-2013, 04:51 AM   #3  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

TC nice to see you back lovely!
Weighed myself to see what damage steroids, inactivity and chocolate had done for the past few months........not going to change my ticker but it wasn't QUITE as bad as I had feared!!
I think that getting back in to a routine once the kids go back and walking to and from my job placement, combined with the fact that my chest has finally improved will get me back in the groove. Managaing my 2.6 mile walk OK though still a bit more tired than I used to be.
Anybody wish to share their non-weight loss goals for January??
Mine are all money related!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 AM   #4  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Can I join you? I'm an english woman living in Belgium. I have been very active on the 100lb forum, but would love to chat away to you UK ladies. Sometimes it helps !!
My story is a simple one. I lost and regained 100lbs twice . Then two years ago I decided that at nearly 300lbs enough was enough. It took me 14 months to lose 145lbs. I am now maintaining, although my weight has gone up since starting to exercise vigorously. I'd like to lose a few lbs and regain control that can slip without my dedicated attention !!
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:58 AM   #5  
mountain walker

Hey starbrite...welcome and Happy New Year!
I am so inspired by people like you who have lost so much weight, sometimes it seems like such a big mountain to climb!
How have you lost your weight so far??
Old 01-05-2013, 05:21 AM   #6  
I Will do this....

Thank you Mountain walker - what a lovely thing to say ! I lost the weight by a plan that I devised based loosely around the Dukan diet. However I can't follow phases, and eat only this for 2 weeks etc. So I cut out bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. I ate porridge for breakfast, salads for lunch and lean protein and veg for dinner. I drank copious amounts of water, and allowed wine as a treat. I gave up fruit and anything sweet. I cut back on salt and salty flavourings. I didn't start to exercise until I had lost the weight.
I've been fat all my life, and this is the first time I have been a normal weight. It's a struggle every day to not return to my old self, but 3FC has truly kept me on the straight and narrow!
Congratulations on your loss- that's an incredible job youv'e done

Last edited by starbrite; 01-05-2013 at 05:21 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #7  

Hey MW, great to hear from you too! So glad to hear that the scale wasn't as bad as you feared.... My main reason for not stepping on one at the moment is not being able to deal with the number I see. So, seen as I don't have one and the one at the office is really old and inaccurate and of course in KG which makes seeing a loss really hard, I'm not going to weigh at all, and hope I've enough time between here and getting back to the UK to make my return number a good one!

Great you're getting back into an exercise routine too, I really need to develop one but it's hard here. Not going to make excuses though, I will find a way!

Starbrite, hello and welcome and congratulations on your loss, WOW! You're so right about the struggle everyday part, and that's really what I need to accept, that being slim and healthy will require commitment for life, I can't just lose weight and then give up and hope it'll all be ok.

Sunday morning here, I'm popping to do some healthy food shopping, which isn't as easy as it sounds when I don't have cooking facilities, but at least I'm going to be trying to make healthy choices. Then a few hours at the pool to keep up my holiday tan *vanity alert!* Then I'll have some cleaning and work prep to do, fit in a workout of some sort, DVD I think, before going out this eve to an expat bar that shows Sunday night movies and sells Burmese salads.

Going to start a daily log post now, please feel free to log your own stuff in there too

Have a lovely sunday everyone
Old 01-06-2013, 04:37 AM   #8  
mountain walker

TC I am deeeeeeply envious!
My Sunday consists of ...walking dogs and kids(!) cleaning, cooking and more cooking! All very nice in it's own way but hardly glamorous!
Excitingly I am starting a 10 week job placement in a High School this week as my CRB check came through really quickly. I will be helping year 7's with literacy in class. I am hoping it will ultimately lead to a job soon.
Will keep you posted!
Have a great day our gang!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #9  
I Will do this....

Checking in to say hi been to the gym. Sweated buckets, which I like as it makes me feel virtuous !! Have had some good days on plan since the excesses of Christmas and the New year. Sadly succumbed to two oatcakes and cheese and pickle at midnight last night. Don't know why - perhaps it was my last hurrah for a while? Seems that I was hungry still and needed a carb snack. I find the excessive cardio sessions do that to me. However, keep moving on.
I have discovered miracle noodles- they are calorie,carb and fat free. Some people hate the flavour as there is a slightly fishy smell to them, but I find rinsing well before cooking cures this. For me they are a fab alternative to real pasta and have helped me immensely. I keep trying to find alternatives to carb loaded dishes, and have quite the repertoire now Perhaps I should include these in my book?
Came back from the gym and hoovered and washed all the floors downstairs in my house. This took over an hour, so I'm counting this as exercise
Was congratulated by the man at the gym for my work today- made me feel really pleased. Funny though, I've never mentioned my weightloss there. I am sure they look at me and think "Boy she could do with toning" but I smile and think if only they knew! It's a powerful force to be reckoned with.
DD comes with me to the gym. She is skinny, but suffers from a belly and thighs, caused mostly by typical teenager food. She has recently become more body conscious and has enjoyed eating my food. Now, if I could just get my DH and DS to join in, life would be peachy.
A few months ago I started taking a supplement called 5HTP - it is a natural pre-cursor for seratonin - the feel good vitamin. I'm not sure whether I should credit this, or the gym, or a combination of both for not suffering so badly with SAD this year. Whatever it is, I'll take it ! Days are grey and depressing here in Belgium for the next three and the previous three months. It is difficult to keep an even mood when you don't ever get any light, so I'll take any positive mood surge I can get.
We are planning another holiday to Florida this year. We had such an awesome time last year, and I discovered a liking for so many stores I would never have been into before. I also began the gym whilst there, so am thankful we will return to the same place and I can keep up with the exercise whilst there. We also jet skied and parasailed - it was awesome and for the first time in my life I didn't worry about whether I was too big to do the things I wanted to do. Hurray
Warm and positive wishes to you all today - feels like a good one x
Old 01-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #10  

MW - good luck with the placement, sounds great! When I was back in the UK I did some literacy work with those that needed it in a year 2 class and loved it. I know year 2 & 7 are quite different but I'm sure it'll be bril, and good luck on finding work at the end of it

Starbrite - now it's my turn to be jealous, I MISS MY GYM! I never ever thought I'd say that, but in the beginning part of last year I turned into a gym addict and loved it! Great news about SAD and about your holiday plans and the compliments, what a great day!

Good one here too, lazy but good. On plan food wise, two days done, yippee! And did day one of the 30 day shred (again!) this time I hope to stick at it, it's no gym but it's free and works in my one room studio so I can't complain!

Just about bedtime here, love early nights when I'm on plan, stop me binging, most of the time!

Enjoy the rest of Sunday everyone
Old 01-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 241/241/180

Height: 5ft 2

Hello all

I only joined last night so still finding my way around. Im very embaressed about how heavy I am but feel I can now say I weigh 241 lbs.
The worst thing is, I did this to myself!! I pretty much avoid mirrors apart from my head to do my hair and face but I seemed to be able to avoid seeing myself.
I always avoid anyone with a camera altho I love taking pictures. I got my daughter to take a full length picture of me a couple of days ago and I look like a barrel!!
I started my heathy eating 4 days ago and am doing it myself as I dont like the idea of going to classes having been before.
I dont want to be on a diet, I want to eat healthily into the future. Im very inactive but I do have a treadmill. Ive been doin 7 mins walking a day on it and increase by 30 seconds a day. Im sure thats not half enough though.

So basically, I really want to do this, even though it scares me, but seeing so many others here acheiving such great results can only help to inspire me.

Sharon
Sharelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #12  

HI Sharon, glad you found this thread! BOy do I know how hard it feels in the beginning, but it sounds like you're taking all the right steps, so well done you! Your exercise is great, especially with the increases, you'll soon build it up and as your fitness improves you'll be able to add variety too.

Another OK day here, I'm aching like mad from the start of the 30DS, but I know that that will soon pass so am kind of looking forward to day three tomorrow! Have had a pretty active day with swimming and cycling (over here I only have a bicycle to get around on, so I've upped the tempo as I cycle and that in itself is proving to be great for getting the heart rate up).

Ate pretty well, starting to feel restricted and a bit annoyed on that front, but hey ho, it'll be worth it in the end, a week or so of being super strict to get myself away from the bad choices and then I'll start to be more realistic and long term with my choices again.

First 'real' day back at work tomorrow, so that involves an early start and some strenuous hill climbing to reach one of the schools I'm training at in the refugee camp. I never used to relish that hill, but tomorrow it's an exercise related bonus, yay!

Have a great rest of Monday everyone, bedtime here!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #13  
mountain walker

Welcome sharelle. It CAN be done.
The thing with exercise is to do what you are comfortable with and can fit into your day, above all be realistic!
My exercise is walking the dogs as I don't have the kit, the money or frankly the desire to make a beast of myself at the gym!
Good luck you can do this!!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 241/241/180

Height: 5ft 2

Hi and thanks for the post.

Having read so many success stories on here, it definitely can be done, Im just hoping I can be a success too!

And youve done an amazing job & must be so proud of yourself. Have you got any tips for a beginner please?? =)

Sharon
Sharelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:52 AM   #15  

OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, the 30DS is killing me!