UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 12.8/12.2/11.0

Height: 5'1

Default Lost motivation

Hey all,

I didn't lose (or gain) any weight last week so stayed the same. I've since put on 2lbs

I just can't seem to get any motivation to get back into the diet. For the last couple of days i've told myself in the morning that i'm gonna do it but then by the end of the day i'm hungry and just think oh I just fancy a good meal etc.

Help! I really really don't want to gain everything i've tried so hard to lose!

x
xkaren86x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Hi Karen,

Putting on 2lbs isn't the end of the world, you can come back from this

You need to change your perception of a 'good meal' - there are plenty of yummy healthier options out there. I often look forward to my dinner! What I've found works for me is eating light in the day and saving up my calories for the evening, so I can enjoy a nice hearty dinner.

Do you plan your meals ahead of time? Perhaps if you know what you are eating for the day, you will be more likely to remain on plan?

Gaining 2lbs doesn't mean that you'll gain any more, just get back on plan and try your best. Make small changes and be aware of your decisions. Do you keep a food diary?

Best of luck!

Last edited by 1987; 11-14-2012 at 05:16 PM.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

I've actually found that those same two tricks help me a lot, planning my day's meals before they happen and eating light all day to have a hearty meal at night. I just went through this about a week and a half ago, it happens to ALL of us. But don't let you beat yourself up over 2 pounds. That is easily combated and besides that, you don't want all the effort you've put in up until now go to waste! Keep going girl, you just gotta get back into the swing of things, that's all.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #4  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

hey karen...do not despair!
I was ill and fedup for most of the month of October....totally lost the plot and gained 6lbs ....and I tried a few times to regain the plot over that month.
I finally got my mojo back and am flying now. Don't be too hard on yourself....plan your restart and shop/cook accordingly.....you CAN do it!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #5  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

DKaren you just need something to push you off the edge of the pool!
Mine was being forced to get on scale prior to procedure and someone recording my weight ...there it was is black in white.. So I started to investigate my options then My guardian angel Ideal Protein coach showed me the possibilities .
Take a picture of yourself and really look at it ..is this where you want to be? If not change it.
I needed to something drastic and easy and IP was it for me plus have an awesome coach with great track record!
What happen in the past is the past ..take one step at a time and you"ll be amazed when you reboot the messages in your head!
You got this Girl Believe you can and just do it!
Good Luck Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #6  
GO.FRUIT.YOURSELF

S/C/G: 255/155/110 Fruitarian

Height: 5"2

have you ever heard of the book 80 10 10 or like fullyrawkristina on youtube? I use to be so anxious and on the diet merry go round for so long. It may help you its helped me lose 100 lbs in 8 months effortlessly. I literally eat like 4000 calories from fruit and organic greens, I have so much energy to want to do things.

Check it out, it may be the answer for you!
Melissamixedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 12.8/12.2/11.0

Height: 5'1

Hey,

Thanks for all your messages. I think I am finally back on track and have lost 1lb this week. Not much I know but better than nothing.

Just need to keep focused and keep going. I'm so close to being in the 11 stone mark! Haven't been that low a weight in so long! It will be such a good feeling to see 11 stone 13 on the scales!!

x
xkaren86x is offline   Reply With Quote