UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 222/197/132

Height: 5'4"

Just thought I'd pop on here and see how everyone is doing with their fasting.

I can only fast at the weekends which isn't very convenient since that's when I'm not busy and it's difficult to fast when the freezer is full of food and I'm bored. I'm also a little concerned about having 5 'feed days' in a row, not sure that it'll have the same effect. But the scales are being good to me so far so I will persevere.

If anyone is interested, there is a very busy thread about this on Mumsnet that I stumbled upon, and a related 'diet ideas' thread which I can't be bothered finding the link for! - http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/big_slim...-2-Diet-Thread
wana wear a bikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I'm not sure we can get many of those here, mariposssa.

Youtube has the prgramme cut up into 15 minute chunks, happy watching!

(I'm off to try to find soem of thise American diet foods.... what are they?)
Oh...sorry. Must have forgotten I was posting in the across the pond section.

Egg beaters are an egg white/egg substitute thing. It is in a carton here and found near the eggs in our stores. Very low calorie. You could just use egg whites or even one egg instead. The eggs I get say 70 calories. Hungry girl is a person not a product. She has a TV show, website, recipe books, etc. I really like her egg mcmuggin recipes. They are mini omelettes made in a coffee mug in the micro with the egg beaters and Laughing Cow cheese wedges. If you can't get those, I'm really sorry because they are 35 calories of awesome cheesy wonderfulness. linky... http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1256

Turkey sausage links are in the freezer section here in a small box. I never thought I would like microwave bacon. But, it is shelf stable and has 20 calories per bacon strip. I eat it way too much because it is so easy, 30 seconds in the micro and 40 calories of bacon for breakfast. My mom gets the turkey micro bacon; but I only like the turkey sausage. For 20 calories I'll take the piggy bacon, please.

Low carb tortillas, I usually find mine in the refrigerated section with the other tortillas. They are kind of expensive here. But, they are low calorie, low carb and high fiber; so, I buy them maybe once a month and use sparingly.

Last edited by mariposssa; 08-15-2012 at 10:56 PM.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/slim

Height: 5ft 6

Gave up on my attempted extra fast day on Tuesday and ended up getting drunk... oops. Today is my 'official' fast day and I will be doing it properly. Gonna have cups of tea/coffee and count the calories from them, and scrambled egg on nimble toast (slice of nimble bread is only 51 cals) and then frozen mixed berries later. yum yum
3CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:59 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 242/190.5/153

Height: 5'6"

Finished first week and down 5 pounds! Happy with that. I'm realising that a lot of my eating might be down to just breaking up the day and not real hunger.
TeachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:54 AM   #35  

Finished my fast day yesterday and it went well - I had 3 cups coffee, 2 '10 cal' sugar free jelly pots, a fried egg (w/ 2 sprays 1 cal spray) on slice of nimble, 300grams mixed frozen berries and 2 italian veggie sausages.

I think the more days you fast, the easier it becomes. You also get to know which eating patterns work best for your body i.e. I've learnt I feel best when I eat my first 'meal' in the afternoon/early evening.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Last edited by 3CatsMeow; 08-17-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:18 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 222/197/132

Height: 5'4"

Everyone seems to be doing quite well so far! I'm just on to report an 8lb loss in my first week! I can't believe it! I'm sure that some of it will be water weight but not all of it, and since it's my first steady loss in more than a year I'm thrilled! And I haven't denied myself anything I wanted during the week. Today is a fast day which I'm not looking forward to but am a bit more armed with food ideas to keep me as filled up as possible.

Good luck to everyone else!
wana wear a bikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:01 AM   #37  

Wana wear a bikini--well done! I also have been in a holding pattern for a year and am so happy to see things moving again.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:41 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5' 6"

I also posted this on the Eat Stop Eat thread...
I did my second fast on wednesday. It was much harder than the first, but I think that was because I was at work. I wasn't actually very hungry, but there was so much food everywhere, my will power was tested!

The interesting thing was today... I was at work and boredom and stress started me thinking about food. It wasn't a fast day, but for some reason I thought of how I felt when I fasted and realised I wasn't hungry at all, so didn't snack. If nothing else fasting had helped me know what hunger feels like and I am controlling my eating even when I am not fasting.

On the weight loss front, I have broken a 3 month plateau, lost 0.5% body fat an gone down 3lbs!

This has been a real eye opener for me. I am so glad I tried it.
MissD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #39  

Day 9. Because I am at home alone today I am thinking more about food (ie, what could I eat when no one will see me). But I am really wanting to not do that anymore, so here I am posting instead. But make no mistake, today is HARD!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #40  

Keep going! Distract yourself. Read all the posts on 3FC, that will keep you busy for a while! ANything good on the TV? A nice walk? A nap? Anything, just don't give in! *sending positive vibes*
Old 08-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #41  

Thank you, Miss D! 4 hours later and I've managed to stay op.
And well done to you for getting so close to goal!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachMe View Post
Thank you, Miss D! 4 hours later and I've managed to stay op.
And well done to you for getting so close to goal!
Hurray! Well done you! I knew you could do it.

I can't quite believe I am 5lb from goal...
Old 08-21-2012, 04:49 AM   #43  

How is everyones diet going? I think today I am going to try a moderate day (1200 cals) and see how it goes...
Old 08-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #44  

Day 12. Still giving it my best! A fast day today and am doing my best to keep busy. Part of what got me into this state is that one thing I like to do to keep busy is bake! But NO baking on down days!

Yesterday I had 2200 cals, which I think was pretty good for an up day--not crazy with food, but not restrictive either. Thats how I want to play it at the moment.

Last edited by TeachMe; 08-21-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Must admit that right now am VERY hungry! Waiting for it to pass. :(
Old 08-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #45  

Finished 2weeks. Am down 5 pounds, but I was down 5 pounds at the end of the first week, so no loss this week. I had 2 days of 500 cals, 1 moderate day of 1200 and the other 4 were normalish days. I think I averaged 1500-1600 cals a day over the week. So while I think I would lose a bit considering my weight with those calories, I think maybe this week was about evening out the water loss from week one, if that makes sense. If I don't lose anything in week 3 I'll have to think again! But still happy to,keep going.