UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

ETA I did not start this thread. The person who did seems to have deleted their message.

You're young. Don't worry about this right now.

I was overweight/obese most of my life. I had 2 big pregnancies. I have loose skin, sure... but it's easily hidden. I sure as heck am not as concerned with a little bit of skin as I was with carrying around 100+ extra pounds.

Time helps, as well. I've been 'healthy' weight for over a year now. My skin has improved dramatically in that time. When I first lost the weight, I was worried I'd look like an empty bag forever. That has not been the case, at all, for me.

Last edited by ValRock; 07-28-2012 at 10:04 PM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

Five years would defiantly not be a few years in skin terms, but if you think about pregnancy womens stomachs are only stretched out for a number of months some leave saggy skin and some don't it all depends on the elastic in the skin and thats something you can't worry about because you won't know just take things slowly and take maintenance breaks to allow your skin to slowly readjust. Don't do endless cardio, weight train, tone as much as possible.. make sure your diet is super nutritious not just low in calories or carbs and you can sleep at night knowing that you are doing the BEST you can, if there is a skin issue in the future you will cross that bridge when it comes as for now you ARE young plenty of elasticity in that skin don't fret. There's a chance that I could have some skin issues but I can't do much about it, I don't beat myself up over it or even think about it, there's more chance that I could get knocked down by a car when I go outside but If I thought about it all the time I'd drive myself crazy.

Oh and my boobs have sagged as well and im only 21 from weight loss, they don't take to it well I believe, arms are like that also them and tummies (sometimes thighs) are just awkward areas!
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

I'm afraid I don't have much constructive to add, just to say I worry about this too. I am young, only 20, I wasn't even at my highest weight (29stone) for very long in the grand sceme of things; I only started gaining lots of weight about 13/14yrs old and pretty much the following several years involved quite rapid weight gain! So while I've been trying not to think about it, I don't think I'll ever have a conventional nice body, am always going to have stretch marks and probably lose skin.

...but I am a looong way off losing enough weight to even get that so maybe I should wory about that longer in the future!
xxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #4  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Better loose sking than extra weight! Having read a variety of opinions I thionk you have one important thing on your side which is age. Not smoking and having good skin genes make a difference. I have been rubbing in antiage cream especially on my tummy where my fat is mostly concentrated and it makes my sking feel good even if it doesn't make much long term difference!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #5  
Adbukovsky

S/C/G: 237/237/135

Height: 5'4

I suppose I'm thankful for the fact that out of 2 or those 5 years, I was around the 185 range. The last three years as been 200+. I guess I'll just have to work my butt off to see what the results are, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around the whole possible skin issue as I deal with dermotillmania (obsessive skin picking) hence the possible scars you may see on my breast/arms. That's something I'm also trying to work on and saving money up to get fixed by a dermatologist. On my arm skin, I was reading up that if you can pinch your skin away from your body that it's an old accurate way of stating you have fat to lose. I'm wondering if that's just the case with that stretchy skin photo. Meh!
adbukovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #6  
Adbukovsky

S/C/G: 237/237/135

Height: 5'4

I don't know why the message was deleted... I only re-posted it in a more appropriate forum because by accident I posted in the UK one. T^T
adbukovsky is offline   Reply With Quote