UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #1  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Default What's My Excuse?

Hi everybody, I don't want to send everybody on a guilt trip but I just want to share something that really inspired me when I saw it on TV a while ago.
It was the end of a Obese a year to Save My Life USA I missed most of it but the bit I caught stayed in my head.
The lady featured was an ordinary woman with a job and kids but her husband had had a stroke and she was his main carer.
There were some other family issues which I didn't catch but essentially she had overcome massive obstacles to achieve a healthy weight and the trainer's question was " What's your excuse?"
This has stuck in my head and I find myself repeating it on bad / dodgy/ low days.
Anybody else feel this speaks to them?

Last edited by mountain walker; 07-12-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: omission
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

Only all the time!! Like earlier today. I was sitting on my arse, doing nothing, and I thought, I could be on the Wii right now doing a light workout. So, I got up, set it all up, turned the Wii on, got ready for it to do the measuring junk, then it told me the batteries were dead... and i don't have any spare and don't get paid until tomorrow!!!

So yeah, I haven't done a workout today, but the fact that I got off my arse and tried, to me says a lot!! I used to have to really force myself to go it, but now, coz i was bored... I wanted to.

The moral of this story is, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BATTERIES IN THE HIZZOUSE!!
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote