3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Newbie from UK (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/262164-newbie-uk.html)

isabeau123 07-03-2012 05:08 AM

Newbie from UK

Hi Everyone :wave:

im new to the site, from the uk. enjoying reading everyones posts and finally brave enough to say HI !!

Got a lot to lose......but determined it will go.....

xxx

JoseLo 07-03-2012 06:04 AM

Helllooo!!
Lovely to have you join us! We are nice people really, no need to be nervous! :) Just looked at your profile, you design children's clothing?? Wow! That is so cool! I work in textiles and design too, just beginner though.

So what sort of plan are you doing? The low cal/fat and exercise approach or have you a specific diet?
xxx

mountain walker 07-03-2012 07:03 AM

isabeau123 welcome welcome welcome!
This is a really great support especially in times of temptation!
I check in here a couple of times a day as it helps keep me focused and it is so nice to have the encouragement of others who really understand.
I also go to the over 300lb forum as those people have a special insight into what it is like to have to lose ALOT of weight like I need to.
Good luck on your journey!:):)

Elliemar 07-03-2012 11:39 AM

And good luck and welcome from me too! This is a great site for info and support and I'm sure you'll love it!

:)

Marchmallow 07-04-2012 05:36 AM

Hey Isabeau! Welcome! nd you have a gorgeous name. :)

You'll find lots and lots of support, advice and encouragement here, be sure to drop into the 'UK chicks challenge chat' thread, it's where us UK chicks hang out and chat most of the time. :D

Keep us posted with your progress, keep strong and melt those lbs! :D

starfired 07-04-2012 05:50 AM

Hello :) I am new and shiney too. Good luck.

QueenMaude 11-24-2012 05:54 AM

hiya!! I am new too!!! :D

Athel 11-26-2012 10:50 AM

Hi :)

sh3l5 12-20-2012 01:14 PM

Hiya!

yk103 12-29-2012 08:38 PM

Hi I'm new too!!!....any londoners here???

MeMel 12-30-2012 04:34 PM

Hi -- I'm in the UK, too. I've lived in the UK since 2003 (Europe since 1994).

nicolasmummy 12-30-2012 05:20 PM

Hello :-) im from the uk, east midlands x

takingcontrol 01-05-2013 04:32 AM

welcome everyone! Please jump straight into the UK chat thread 3 and we can all get to know one another :)

alexbuxton 01-08-2013 01:35 PM

Hi YK03,

I'll just preface this by saying that this isn't spam. I've been in touch with Suzanne at 3FC who as very kindly indeed allowed me to chat to you guys about our project. I've just posted a similar message to a couple of other members, but I hope it's obvious that I'm not doing this is a spammy, indiscriminate way.

I work for a TV production company in London and we're currently making a new series about weight loss. We'll be doing some filming near St Paul's on Friday, and we're looking for people who'd like to come down and talk about their diets. As someone who's just started their dieting journey, and seeing as you're in London (or I'm assuming you are from your post!) I wanted to ask if you might want to come down and tell us a bit more about it on camera.

It's nothing sinister at all, and shouldn't last for very long. We're looking to speak to as many people as possible to get an idea of all the different diets out there and why people do them.

If you're interested please to get in touch at alex.buxton(at)freshone.tv

I hope to hear from you!

Alex

Cofa Tree 01-09-2013 05:26 AM

Hi to all the fellow newbies!

Woo, doesn't feel great to all be in this club together :). I think virtual support is more honest than real life support - for example, I'll happily reveal my weight on here, but only my husband knows it in real life. It's easier to be honest and open and not fear judgement when you know those around you are on the same journey.

As takingcontrol said, the UK Chat thread is a fab place to jump feet first into and meet everyone.

Every day is a new opportunity...Cofa