UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/265/180

Height: 5'8"

Talking Food NSV!

OK, I've been ill for the past week, so spent my days at home resting, and eating sensibly. If I wanted a snack, I had a banana.

Today was my first day back at work in just over a week, with lots of running round. Having to have breakfast earlier, and lunch later, I thought I'd be starving by lunchtime. I was hungry, but not as ravenous as I expected. I'd brought Marmite sandwiches, as usual, but nothing else. Today, instead of practically inhaling my food, I took my time.
Then, this afternoon after getting caught up in what I was doing and leaving late, as well as having run around the building delivering messages to people, I decided to get a snack on my way home. I did worry a little bit about this, as I expected to be tempted. But, as I walked into Sainsburys, I went straight to the fruit section, and picked up 2 pots of pineapple chunks. (One for today, one for tomorrow.) I didn't even look at the confectionery or the bakery, just walked straight past!
I walked past a Pizza Hut on my way back too, but somehow it wasn't at all tempting. I'd got my pineapple chunks, and dinner later, so I just knew I didn't need it - or *want* it.

I love being in control of my eating!

Last edited by treasureBelle; 03-19-2012 at 03:26 PM.
treasureBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #2  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Whoooop well done

After a couple of weeks slacking on the food front, I'm really struggling to take full control back, but, I'll get there. Great to read that it's possible and to see the buzz that comes from it!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Nice one, Treasurebelle - it's rather empowering, isn't it?

I've noticed that I'm not remotely tempted by the junk I used devour any more. If I go into a supermarket hungry then I also head for fruit or something rather than the cream cakes I used zero in on....or Maryland cookies...yum...lol. It's taken time, but somewhere along the way I started being able to have that stuff as occasional treats rather than the norm and not thinking about it. I think that happens at the point when you know in your heart you want that end result more than the momentary pleasure!
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/265/180

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Elliemar.

Yeah, it's definitely empowering. It feels weird, but great, to be so in control of my eating, in a way I can't remember ever being before.
treasureBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

That's called being in the zone and REALLY wanting to get to where you want to be!!

We've all had more than one go at losing weight and you slide all to easily when your heart's not really in it - you KNOW when it is. Go for it!
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/199/140

Height: 5"3

That's brilliant!! It's great to know that food is no longer in control. You control it.
BekiCT is offline   Reply With Quote