UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 96kg

Height: 6"

Default Weight loss - small goals are key

What you need are small effective measures which will gradually take you to your ultimate weight loss goals. This can be done consistently and easily. Your goals must be small, each goal met is another point for you and another lb of weight off.

The goals must be set around changes in your lifestyle, changes which will mean success. These changes not matter how small will make a BIG difference.

Exercise or just activity is the key. This can be walking the kids to school, walking to the shop and building up to longer more intense walks or ever runs. The more active you are the fitter you become and the more you can put your body through.

I dint want to go on, but the small goals are what matter, 1lb off is a sign you did something right and can spur you on to your next lb of weight.

Any 1 set small goals as a way of helping start off right ?
GaryHigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #2  

My first small goal is getting to onederland. I figure I'll set more small goals after that. Also, I'm drinking more water. I'm hoping to drink half my body weight in ounces every day. That is my next goal to reach
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #3  

oops, I just realized I posted on the UK forum...
Old 01-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #4  

Great start Violet73, water is so important in weight loss! your welcome here dw lol
Old 01-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #5  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

I'm not so goal orientated as results orientated. By seeing the numbers go down, be it on the scales or the measure I'm motivated to keep going as I know what I'm doing is getting me closer to the big goal. The better I do, the more motivated and the easier it is to keep going, but when things start going wrong my motivation tends to disappear, a trait I need to workout!

I've never really had much success with mini goals though, sure I enjoy ticking off the stones when I reach a new one on the scales, and I like fitting in clothes I previously couldn't, but my aim is always that big goal of being fit and slim, the results I see along the way motivate me to get there.
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #6  

Thanks for that reply! You nailed it there, your results orientated. Those are you goals, You want to run further or lift heavier. Those results to reach were your goals. Being fit is a great goal to have but what level of fitness is resonable to start with? and can pushing too hard cause burn out?
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #7  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

But, the results only motivate me once I've seen them, I don't use them as a countdown/up thing prior to getting there, not consciously anyway, I'm sure subconsciously I will to an extent.

The level of fitness I've got is hopefully reasonable to start with, because it's the only choice I have!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryHigham View Post
Great start Violet73, water is so important in weight loss! your welcome here dw lol
Thanks so much
Old 01-31-2012, 01:38 AM   #9  

Yep very true takingcontrol, Its sometimes lack of confidence in ourselves which when we achieve something in execise we have not done before we get a lovely surprise.

Violet73, where are you from? whats your weight loss story?
Old 01-31-2012, 07:42 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryHigham View Post
Yep very true takingcontrol, Its sometimes lack of confidence in ourselves which when we achieve something in execise we have not done before we get a lovely surprise.

Violet73, where are you from? whats your weight loss story?
I'm from the U.S., Arkansas to be exact. Right now, I'm the largest I've ever been. I have RA and it makes it tough to exercise, but I do try to walk. I was thin as a child and teen. I was very active and loved being outside. I started gaining weight in college and then after marriage and so forth. I lost a lot after divorce (maybe the divorce diet?) haha! I then started gaining again as time went on, especially due to medications for the RA such as steroids.. (ugh)..

I'm 38 and really want to get this weight off and be FAB at 40
Old 02-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

I think so, I mean I say to myself what am I doing this saturday not what will I be doing saturday next year so maybe I shouldn't look so far ahead, I get scared at the idea of not being over weight and how big the numbers are no its okay I can stay hidden here at 190 ish, aiming for 180 for March, I get anxious about the time though it won't enable me to quit this time.
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5

i have made a decision to get serious about the weight loss again today. FINALLY! first aim is to set goals. I'm thinking maybe reward myself every 5 pounds? hold off whatever i need to buy for myself until i loose those 5 pounds!
Sameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #13  

Thats a good idea sameen, i have decided i will reward myself with something new like a hat scarf or silly we things every 7lbs i get off that way aswell as losing weight you looking forward to getting that one new thing
cookiedough34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #14  

no thats my downfall i always aim way to high and by doing this i know im setting myself up for failure because when i dont reach my planned weight loss goal that i set for the week i kinda feel whats the point. Instead i should look at the weight i have lost as an incentive to keep going! Just a little easier said than done, but yes very good point you made there
emsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5

I agree emsie, but i guess i won't set any time limits for myself. Give it a try for maybe a month, if happy with the progress, i shall continue, if not, then alternative solution!!1

Cookiedough34- go for it!!!! we should exchange notes once and if we are manage to reach our goals!!!
Sameen is offline   Reply With Quote