3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > UK Fat Chicks

UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Loose skin op - any experiences?

Old 06-30-2011, 11:01 AM   #1

S/C/G: 247/187/163

Height: 5ft 7in

Default Loose skin op - any experiences?

Hi all,

I'm about a stone and a half off target, and am now thinking about my post-weight-loss appearance.

My last nurse/GP recommended that I'd be a candidate for NHS tummy tuck as I've lost all the weight myself but when I looked it up, it turns out that only certain primary care trusts (PCTs) offer the service on the NHS. With programmes like Embarrassing Fat Bodies, I bet a lot of people are now trying to get these ops, and I guess I can't put all my hopes onto being granted the surgery (WHEN I reach my healthy BMI obviously).

I've lost approx 20lbs a year for 3 years, my weight loss has been gradual and consistent rather than yoyo & I'm optimistic about maintaining. I don't have bags of skin, but a fair amount on my stomach.

Interested to hear if anyone's had this done or has any experience with it - private and NHS. Sorry if there are previous threads on this, my computer isn't letting me access all the pages.
BetterLikeMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.