UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Default Paul McKenna I can make you thin

Just bought this with the CD and dvd. Has anyone tried this and if so does it help at all? I once had weight loss hypnosis cd but the first 15 mins was all about relaxation and i was so out of it by the time it got into the weight loss i couldn't concentrate on it so it didn't work (did wonders form my relaxation and sleep though). It says the CD is a set of 5, do you need all of them? Can you just use the CD or do you have to use the CD, dvd and book all together? Any help greatly appreciated.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/154/125

Height: 5'1.5"

I wouldn't waste the money on it, I bought it a month or two ago and feel robbed. It is a joke. I actually wanted another cd (older one) that had great reviews but it was only for sale in the US and that's when I decided to try the Paul one.
happynottsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Yea i wouldnt bother its all about you and if you want to loose wait not about someone relaxing you and talking to you about it. Try ww that is really good and you get great support there xx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems81wales View Post
Yea i wouldnt bother its all about you and if you want to loose wait not about someone relaxing you and talking to you about it. Try ww that is really good and you get great support there xx
I tried weight watchers and hated it. I'm gonna give the Paul McKenna a go juts cos i have already bought it but i'm not expecting miracles. Other reviews i've seen say it works best for emotional eaters which is what i am. I'll let you know how i get on.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

yea let me know how you get on as im an emotional eater hehe good luck with it xxx

Ps im from cardiff
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/165

Height: 6'1

I started with Paul McKenna before Xmas, when I wasn't really committed to it.

It seems like a good idea, and the hypnosis CD definitely does something. Personally I struggle with the idea of eating what you want, when you're hungry. I'll just eat and eat! Also, I found it hard to devote the time to listening everyday.

Good luck though, I really hope it works for you. Keep us posted
LucyFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Is the DVD the same as the TV show he aired a couple of years ago? He focused on mindful eating and alternative ways to deal with emotions (EFT being one of them). It was pretty entertaining, but like all weight loss techniques, you have to use it regularly to see the benefit.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #8  
... and I am a chocoholic

S/C/G: 336/Tracker/160

Height: 5'6"

i started wth it about 3 or 4 years ago and found it ridiculous! tapping under your arm and all that. Go with whatever motivates you, but i gave up on it pretty quickly, gave it to my mum and she has since gave it to her friend :S
lyndzro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Current weight 80kg/176 pounds

Height: 5'5''

This worked for my mum but not so much me...the CD did motivate me but I'm not sure whether it was the CD alone or just willpower.

Good luck, try it out and take from it what you find works for you. x
talisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #10  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisha View Post
This worked for my mum but not so much me...the CD did motivate me but I'm not sure whether it was the CD alone or just willpower.

Good luck, try it out and take from it what you find works for you. x
I just got my book and CD a few days ago and am LOVING IT!!! Makes so much sense to me as I have always believe that obesity was in your head - of course you can diet and lose the weight but unless you know WHY you are overeating and how to stop you'll just gain the weight back (as most of us have experienced!).

So in the past few months I have been researching 'mindful eating' - and how to break the overeating cycle....was reading a book called 'Eat what you love, love what you eat" - I think by Dr. Mario Mayman? Which was pretty good - the premise is getting back to 'intuitive eating'...

But the Mckenna stuff is less 'dry' and much more fun to read - I especially like the idea of the CD - which supposedly works!

Only on day 3 now - but have stopped reading or watching TV while eating and paying attention to what the food tastes like and trying to determine when I'm beginning to get full.

I understand it may take awhile to completely absorb the four golden rules but they do make sense to me....and I am so much LESS OBSESSED ABOUT EATING than I used to be. I know this sounds crazy but it seems freeing to know I can eat when I'm hungry and eat whatever I want!
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote