Just about to head to asda....

• Right. I have been having issues with food this week. And I'm just making my shopping list. What things should I definitely get while I'm out?

People have suggested peanut butter as a source of protein.
    Raspberries instead of strawberries to keep me fuller longer.

Is there something you make sure you get EVERY week?
  • Low fat yoghurts. OK, so I live in Thailand and can only dream of having something as lovely as an Asda to shop in! But, low fat yoghurts save me, when i NEED to snack, it's one of those I have, rather than anything worse!

Also, just try to completely avoid the crisps/choccie/biscuit aisles entirely, makes the job a **** of a lot less torturous!

When you get home, post and tell us what you bought, and remember that if you're tempted to go off your list and get the 'bad' stuff
  • Ok thankyou. I love yogurts.
  • I think full fat yogurts will actually keep you fuller longer since it'll digest slower- the best yogurt by far is greek yogurt- much better than that fruit filled yogurt- for me it gives me cravings cuz it's full of sugar
  • beerab I agree entirely about normal fat yoghurt if you're wanting something filling.

Unfortunately, I go with the low fat ones 'cos I eat them when I'm not actually hungry, but my body is telling me it 'needs' to snack n I've decided to give in! I love real natural Greek yoghurt, and can't wait to get my hands on some when back in the UK.
  • Low fat cheese's like, cottage, feta which I love and blue cheese.
  • Right. Just got back. We got:
    pitta breads, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, swede, apples, bananas, strawberries, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, onions, peppers, chicken, lean mince beef, a fajita kit, lasagne kit, snack a jacks, cranberry cereal bars, peanut butter, honey, greek yogurt, some vanilla mousses (for thelittle 'un), sweets (for the little 'un too), and boyfriend got himself some chocolate donuts and a pack of digestive biscuits.

Not too bad a shop. We already had some things in from last week.
  • Oh and some tins of tuna, some crab sticks, some cordial and a bottle of diet lemonade.