UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 12:09 PM   #61  
Theres no stopping me now

Is very quiet round here today - everybody must be busy.

Today has been good. Ate more than usual during the day and am feeling very full. Will need to eat something before the swimming though, else those chips will be shouting my name when I come out.
Old 10-30-2002, 12:41 PM   #62  

Sal - be careful with those fruities - the blackcurrant ones are lovely - only trouble is the kids love them too... I keep mine in the car for when I'm driving (ALONE!!)

It's official weigh in for me today and 2lbs off - yippee - I'm really happy and been to M&S (again) and tried on some 18 trousers but they were too small (but only just) and got a lovely top - still in 22 in the boob department but can't have everything. At least I'm shopping in a 'normal' shop.

I'm a bit miffed tonight because it's 'Salsa night' - Dave is still in London in a meeting which means he won't get home in time to watch the kids and tomorrow he's going to the cinema and friday nights its his gym night - plus he was late home last night - the kids are beginning to forget who he is!!

The kids are running around in swim suits for some reason - better go and investigate...
Old 10-30-2002, 05:47 PM   #63  

Still have 2 packets of fruities intact and in the car. Did buy the blackcurrent ones, obviously a bad move. Am not going to let the boys try them, these are going to be 'mums' sweets.

Avoided the chips, yet again - am on a roll (again) wish it was a bacon one,. There is bacon in the fridge can see that being our tea tomorrow, just have a notion.

it's not very fair, Delaney if you need to stay in for your nights out as hubby isn't there to babysit, but he still gets his - put your foot down, and tell him your going out on one of his nights. Easy to say to someone else, can just hear Rays reply, the second word would be off.

You'll just need to grab Dave and salsa round the livingroom in your spare time.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:57 AM   #64  

I mentioned to Dave about 'salsaing' round the living room - he gave a sort of satanic laugh...

I was awful last night as I was in bad mood and ended up eating several low fat chocolate mousses!! Never mind I'm being good today - I really want to lose another half stone before Christmas -that reminds me I'd better go and see if I can book some panto tickets.
Old 10-31-2002, 04:39 PM   #65  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

Hi all. Any ideas on how many calories are burnt spending 1 and 3/4 hrs ransacking the house to find a mouse???!!! Odd question I know but that what I did this evening.

Apart from that I am having a good day. It was weigh in and I lost another pound
Old 10-31-2002, 05:19 PM   #66  

Reckon you must have used up lots of cals Leigh and just think how many more when you tidied up afterwards.

Today has been slow - you know the kind of day I mean. Although I did my best at work I don't feel I accomplished anything and tonight I have had the munches. I am fighting them though - the munches are not winning I am.

I've drank nearly 2 litres of diet coke - not that good for me, I know. But better than wine and all the nibbles I could find in this house.

Still feel that I am going to win the battle of the bulge this time. I really want to weigh in tomorrow, but will need to wait until Tuesday lunchtime for that. Strange how I get these yearnings still to stand on the scales every morning. I used to weigh every morning, but haven't done that for over a year, it was a hard habit to break and one that I still think I could easily fall into again.

Brought a whole load of healthy nibbles from the Co-op tonight, including another bag of those thai bites, the seaweed ones this time. The oriental spicey ones (not sure of the exact flavour) but they were much better. Think they are a nibble that grow on you

Nibbles have taken over my entire thought process, this whole post is about the munchies - still not eating though. I am going to be strong.
Old 10-31-2002, 05:53 PM   #67  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

does the chat facility get used on here??? I've only just noticed the chat button
Old 11-01-2002, 02:59 AM   #68  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Carol the muchies??? have you been smoking anything strange or eating any odd looking mushrooms just kidding

its really odd but I think we all get days like that I tend to get them from time to time and all I want to munch on are sweets...I don't even like sweets and never have, but some days I just get the craving.I was told it was caused by a drop in blood sugar levels and to try to eat something that tasted sweet but didn't have the calories...I use sugar free jelly to try when I feel like that and it does seem to work. needless to say there is always some made up in my fridge.

Leigh-r the chat does get used I use to go on quite a lot, but I haven't been in there for a while now with pressure from work and my own messageboard

well off to work for me...only half a day today, I am having my hair done again this afternoon, I like being pampered
have a great day everyone

Ali
Old 11-01-2002, 02:46 PM   #69  

I went to the gym this morning and then met a couple of friends for lunch and had the most delicious club sandwhich with bacon, cheese, mayo, chips - need I go on? Anyway I'm up here out the way of the kitchen so I can't eat any more. I skipped dinner as I was still full from lunch!! Dave's gone to the gym and the kids are in bed and its only 7.30, whose gonna stop me from raiding the fridge??

Leigh - I went in the chat room a couple of times but it all happens too fast for me

We're having some friends over for dinner tomorrow night and I was going to cook (unusual for me as I don't usually do the 'c' word) but then Dave said it's too much hassle with the busy day we've got planned so I decided to do M&S low fat curry but when I mentioned it to my friend's husband he said 'oh god were not doing the dieting on Saturday night as well are we?' I wouldn't mind but he's about 21 stone!! (arn't I right *****?)

Oh well I'd better get some ironing done - I've led a life of leisure this week and now it's time to catch up.
Old 11-01-2002, 04:56 PM   #70  

OK confession time. I have a had a lousy week at work. Things are going no where fast and the atmosphere and the way the customers are being treated by the ICT management is abysmal. You may remember, I work in IT support, so our customers are the ones who do the 'real' work with the external customers. Well came home to night - knowing it had been a cr@p week and that I could have dealt with it different. But instead of eating everything I could get my hands on, I made toast and jam and then while the monkeys all had chippies I went swimming, so here I sit all tingling and refreshed from my 20 lengths. Just about killed me I I have to say, but I feel good now.

The confession ...... that is that I haven't had any dinner tonight - since I got back I've got stuck back into the jam and toast, have had about 6 slices now. That will need to count as my dinner, if I get really hungry before bedtime I'll need to have a cuppa soup.

Think it is as Ali said earlier - sometimes you just need that sugar boost and tonight I've got mine from the jam. Could have been much worse there is still a Twix sitting in my fridge and everytime I open the door it sceams my name. My answer - I'm not going to open the fridge ever again, or at least until someone else eats it - may force feed it to the boys when they come back from their grans.

A few weeks ago I would have coped with the way I was feeling tonight, by phoning the chinese takeaway and opening up a large (if not 2) bottles of wine. I am making progress - this time I can see the differences I am making.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:23 AM   #71  

I dont think Im gonna dare weigh myself this week coz my mum came back from Switzerland with lots of Swiss chocolate! SIlly woman!

I also went out and drunk a lot Thurs night & Fri night! But at least I danced a lot last night!
Old 11-02-2002, 11:24 AM   #72  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

You never know Chi Chi it may not be as bad as you think just get weighed and face the music, its hard but be brave, my friend who goes to WW with me thought she had gained 1/2 a stone and when we got there she had stayed the same..mind you things like that never happen to me !!
I expected to gain much more than 1.5lb as I have been out for meals etc with my sis being over from canada and my mams surprise 75th birthday and you know what its like when you know you are not going to get weighed.
We are going out for dinner tonight to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary (30/10), Harry is coming with us and we have tickets for the firework display but I can't see that being much fun as it is very wet here today!! It is very wintery here, very dark and I just feel like snuggling up on the sofa with a good film or book. will make the effort though, hopefully the rain will stop soon, how is everyone elses weekend going?
Old 11-03-2002, 04:39 AM   #73  

My weekend is going great, thanks.

Went to a friends last night. Me and Linda have a history of being a pair of wineos and have been known to finish a 3 litre box and start on another one in a night. Have no idea how much we drank last night , but we tend to put the world to rights while doing it. Big change in my life is I am still only drinking one night a week, so think the booze has affected me big style. Did drink a lot, not as much as we use to but hey you have to live sometimes while on this healthy journey. And that'll be me tea total again until next Saturday. It is getting a bit easier to pass on the wine of an evening, sales of diet coke in the local co-op have rocketed since I stopped boozing, wonder why ?

Spent all day yesterday looking at laminated flooring, exicting !!! Apparently we are putting it down in the livingroom. Am not very exicted about that, but being as we have had just floorboards for a while anything will be an improvement. They are not even the real floorboards, just great big chipboards.

This day needs a kick up the bum to get it started, can't be bothered moving though, even though yet again the washing bin is over flowing - where does it all come from ........

The boys are having crisps and I was tempted to have a salt and vinegar crisp sandwich until my healthy angel, sits on my shoulder, told me it would be 5 points on nothing really. How things have changed, have opted for a couple of oatcakes and another glass of blackcurrent juice instead.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:05 AM   #74  

I'm BACK!!!Hello from Teel after my week away in Derbyshire.It was great to be away...the first time I have felt confident enough to go anywhere since I fell ill with cardiomyopathy.But, oh my goodnight,did I choose the wrong day to have bought my travel tickets!Monday 28.10.02 ....no trains going anywhere...the 2 and a half hour journey actually took 7 and a half....and all because of a bit of wind the night before Actually the gales were absolutely horrendous and at one time there was only one way out of the village.It was lovely to see the family and see some of Derbyshire through the rain...it was just as I had imagined it to be...I must have watched too many episodes of "Peak Practice!"Delaney, did you catch my as I was nearby(ish)?
I hope I haven't put on any weight this week..I know I haven't been an but I have not gone overboard either.
Smiling Sal....my memory of highlights is that I sat in a chair with a sort of bathing cap on and the hairdresser pulled loads of hairs through the miniscule holes in the cap until I looked like a hedgehog...and felt like one..and then started to highlight...this was a good few years ago but I don't think the process has changed much!!
Leigh-r did you catch your visitor ...and did you have to tempt it with : or
Well I had better shove off now, but not before saying hello to ChiChi and Posy and TQ and anybody else who happens to be lurkin' about!!

: bye bye

Last edited by teel; 11-03-2002 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:21 AM   #75  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Hello Teel
welcome back...glad you had a good time, the weather may have been bad and the journey horendous, but time away does seem to refresh you.
Don't worry if you have put weight on while you were away, You just get straight back on track now and it will soon be gone

Well done Carol on not giving in to the crip sandwich..you are so right, one sandwich wouldn't really fill you up and what a waste of so many points that you could have used on something else you would enjoy far more.
Closed Thread