UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 08:46 AM   #31  

Im really happy at the moment, I seem to have suddenly discovered willpower!
8lbs gone in about 2 weeks! OH MY GOD!

I have a question for the people in this forum who have already lost a lot of weight:

How much weight did U lose before you could notice a difference?

Coz I've lost 1st 2lbs & none of mt clothes are any looser and if anything I feel bigger than ever!!
Old 10-24-2002, 09:50 AM   #32  
Theres no stopping me now

Chichi or should that be Chichichi welcome back. How was the holiday?

When I lost nearly 2 stone last year I noticed the difference at about a stone, I had been exercise really hard and hard tighten up a lot of muscles, not so this time.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:12 PM   #33  

Today has been full of challenges, but i have made good choices all day - well so far.

I managed to get out for a walk at lunchtime, finally !!! Thanks goodness all that rain stopped - for a short while anyway. I only walked for about 20 minutes, must have gone about 1.5 miles, need to drive round it some day and measure it - or wait until I get my pedometer - if I ever. Still the walk was nice, it was a cold crisp day when I went out at lunchtime, has turned back into the October from ****, when I went to the Co-op half an hour ago.

I brought lots of healthy goodies in the Co-op, oatcakes, bagels, wheat crackers, salad stuff, etc.

Also brought some of those Thai Bites, a small pack has 1.5 points in . The original plan was to share them with Ray later on, so I would only have half the points. But I opened the packets to sneak a couple - old habits die hard - they are like crackers and the oriental ones, I brought are very spicey. To be honest though they are a bit hard, a small packet might last a long time. There again it is me we are talking about. BUT instead of eating them all in one go, I've put them in a small tub so Ray can try them when he comes in. If he doesn't like them, then I'll take a few to work with me tomorrow and add them to my lunch - the points are already counted - well I reduced it to 0.5 as I only had a couple.

Had a big treat at tea time tonight - my lot went to the chippie and I had a cheese sandwich and WW tomato soup - can' t beat it - only one meal on a par with that and that's scambled egg on toast with HP Spicey brown sauce.

Need to go fold some washing and try and find some clothes to wear tomorrow. One page of trousers are getting too big round the waist, they always were a bit loose, but I think the walking and all those stairs at work are making a difference - now I just need to keep my weight under control.

Am prattling on here like I have nothing else to do. My boys are already in bed, Steve has been asleep since 7 and Sean is curled up watching a video in my bed. Was supposed to be going to a WW class tonight, but Ray and my brother had already made plans.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:18 PM   #34  

Hi Sal the holiday was BRILLIANT!
What I can remember of it anyway!
Foreign alcohol is EVIL!
Old 10-24-2002, 03:21 PM   #35  

What happened to Sarah Ann? She used to be on here all the time when I was last here.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:33 AM   #36  

We've been asking the same thing.

We miss you Sarah Ann - come back and say hello to us, please.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:40 AM   #37  

I am on a roll - not literally. Was really very down and hungry before lunchtime. I went to the supermarket for a couple of things, looked at all the chocolate and so called healthy sandwiches - over 300 calories in a chicken salad one alone.

Came out with some slimma soups, a multi pack of diet coke - to share with a collaegue and a pack or bananas.

Not a twix in site - I feel so good now.
Old 10-25-2002, 03:24 PM   #38  

Default Twisted Logic

Had one of those sizzle and stirs for tea tonight - it was marvellous. Had the jalfreezi one, was very spicey. The whole jar came in at 9 points, but split between me and Ray, it didn't break the points bank balance.

How is it though if you eat a lot and are stuffed to the gunnels, you still want more to eat. Steve got Thornton toffees for his birthday, he always eats his grans, and they are a big temptation tonight.

Things are moving in the right way. Since I have dramatically cut down on my alcohol intake - it has been hard so far, it is still hard and I think it will always be difficult - not to buy a bottle of wine of an evening and have a couple of glasses.

But since I have cut it right down to a couple or three or four glasses a week instead of everynight - my fingers are less bloated and puffy. I even took my wedding ring off tonight - hasn't been off since I got it repaired after it had to be cut off after I had Steve - probably about 4 years ago - at least - Steve is 5 now.

OK I had to use washing up liquid to persuade it off, but it is off - for years it wouldn't come over my knuckle and now I know it was all down to the booze.

My finger does have a big dent in it - but hey I am that proud of the fact it came off I don't care. I'm going to leave it off for a few weeks and see if the dent comes out - will no doubt be the subject of a few gossip sessions at work , wonder how long it will be before anyone actually asks me if me and Ray have split up.

We haven't I'm just enjoying not wearing his ring - strange the things this weight loss and healthy life style makes you feel good about!!!!

Gotta go see what happens in fit club - sad but I haven't seen it for a couple of weeks
Old 10-25-2002, 06:50 PM   #39  

HELLO!!!!
I am sorry I have not posted for a few days but it has been great to read all your posts. Welcome to Chichichi...I see you have been on holiday....was it a great time and where did you go?It must have done you good....8lbs in two weeks!WOW! WELL DONE!!
Smiling Sal, good for you, a twix-free zone! And hello Delaney, how was the trip to the city? I hope number one sprog didn't get too many blisters from her new boots! hee hee

I have been playing in a freezing cold Suffolk church 30 minutes from home...(or 26mins if you are running a bit late) as part of a 12 piece select orchestra for a premiere 3 night run of a musical written by a composer friend. It is based around the true tales of a 19th century vicar who ran a village church for over 32 years.One of the villagers got caught stealing corn and was transported to Aussie land, but he made such a go of life that he saved up enough money to pay for his family to join him in Australia...which of course they did, and there is a wedding and a drinking song !!!! and it is all good clean fun with noisy children dancing round the maypole.Two nights down and one to go until we are hopefully doing it all again next year in a theatre royal in Suffolk...when it will be warmer/nearer to home.....!

Well it is nearly midnight so I had better shove off and cuddle up under the duvet...talk to you all soon love from Teel

Old 10-26-2002, 02:57 AM   #40  

Hi all

Carol - I haven't even tried those thai bites because once I get the taste for something I can't stop...

London was fab - I can't believe we did so much in 10 hours - we went to Madam Tussaurds/planetarium/National History Museum/ McDonalds/tower of London, Sprog #1 loved crown jewels, but I think her fabourite thing was the underground!!! Then dinner in Leicester Square, we were exhausted and fell into bed at 10.30 when we came in the door. We have decided to go back again one sunday and do the open topped bus thing, it was so cold and rainy it was impossible yesterday.

I made her wear her trainers Teel - I won

I weighed myself this morning and I've gained 2lbs since Wednesday what should I expect? I've done nothing but eat!! Must get back on track today. I was going to the gym this morning but I feel exhausted from yesterday and not only do I have to go and pick Sprog #2 up from MIL's (which is 40 mins away) I have to take Sprog #1 to a party in the middle of Leicester somewhere, they're just excuses and could go now instead of sitting here doing this... (bet I don't)
Old 10-26-2002, 04:48 AM   #41  

I decided to have my 'offical night off program' last night. Was trying to save it until tonight, but it didn't work. Ray was dropping a PC off at a friends about 10 miles away and I texted him to ask him to bring in a bottle of Baileys or Blossom Hill wine, true to form Ray walked in with a bottle of cheap plonk - which I like, but it comes in bigger bottles, so there is more temptatiom to drink more. Really wanted him to being in the Baileys and then I could use him as an excuse for blowing it - sad really.

Anyway I had about 5 glasses (gulp!!!) of wine, 2 cheese sandwiches with the cheese sliced very thin (I am trying, even on my 'night off'), a packet of cheese & onion crisps and a bar of tescos own chocolate and that was it - it was more than enough -lets be honest. And to thing I used to drink and eat like that eveynight

Am back to it today - there is about 2 glasses of wine still in the bottle, told you it was a big on. If I want one of them to share with Ray I'll need to save up the points today.

Am in a cleaning mood, have tidied the kitchen and when I get back from football training - am only collecting the boys not playing myself - Am going into Stevens room with a black bag and all the rubbish is going, to make way for all his birthday stuff, which is still cluttering up the living room.

Ray will think he is in teh wrong house when he comes back tonight.
Old 10-26-2002, 08:04 AM   #42  

Just wanted to say: IM IN TO A NEW STONE! Woohooo!!!!!
Old 10-26-2002, 08:20 AM   #43  

Hello to all,
poor Smiling, fancy hubby not falling in with your dastardly plan hee hee does anyone still sell those half-litre bottles of wine? just a thought, ignore the push...I am not nagging, just trying to be an encourager!

Iam on a roll, too, but mine has grilled bacon in it and I am devouring two of them for lunch.... performing for a few nights has been quite good I think for healthy eating plan...I don't eat a big meal mid-day and I don't like eating dinner early and then scooting off. I hope this week's goodness makes up for next week when I am away and I know it will not be good at all!I think damage limitation is the term of choice!

Ta ta till next time
love from Teel

Old 10-27-2002, 03:29 AM   #44  

Morning

The wind here is awful, it woke both the kids in the night and blew the fence down so DH is in a great mood - NOT!!

The 2lbs I'd gained have gone again - due to pure willpower yesterday and a trip to the gym - it was hard but definitely worth it. Going to the gym again tonight and tomorrow morning - I'm half a pound from my stone award at WW. My leader at WW keeps going on about how I should be able to easily lose 2lbs per week (as opposed to the 1lb it usually is) but everytime I try to tell her that I lost 12lbs on my own before I started she seems to go deaf!! She's really getting up my nose...

I'm taking a leaf out of your book today Carol and I'm going to tidy everywhere - heaven knows its about time.

Back to school tomorrow, better get Sprog #2 started on her homework - never let it be said I leave everything to the last minute...
Old 10-27-2002, 03:34 AM   #45  

Teel - what do you play in the orchaestra. Many moons ago I used to play a clarinet in a couple of orchestras and a brass band.

Went off plan last night as well- WHOOPS !!!!!!!

Had been nibbling most of the afternoon, everytime I went into the kitchen I had something, a slice of turkey, a few grapes, suppose they were healthier nibbles than usual. Then while the boys had there dinner, I had a cheese roll, thin sliced again - am getting good at that and another roll with oven chips. Then when Ray came in I had singapore noodles from the chinese, just lovely with more wine

Years ago I went to a local slimming class and the wee woman used to say if it took you 2 weeks to put on the weight while you were on holiday or 2 days to gain it while you over ate at the weekend then, it would take you that long to lose it, if you worked at it seriously.

Am going to take that lesson seriously and hope that whatever I have gained over the last 2 days, will be gone from my hips and tummy by Tuesday, if I work at it.

Tidied Stevens room yesterday, was really ruthless, chucked out a lot of stuff, only thing is now I've got to do Seans today. My bin is full don't think it will handle any more sneaked out toys. Also have 2 bags fo stuff to go to the charity shop - was a real good claen out and Steve just let me do it as well.
Closed Thread