UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 08:49 AM   #1  

Default ISP's

Anyone got BT as their ISP? Delaney still can't get back on the site after the server change the other week
Old 08-28-2002, 10:18 AM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

No BT for me, but has she tried re registering? She might even have to use a new name or something, but it would be worth a try?
Old 08-28-2002, 10:21 AM   #3  

She can't get into the site at alllllll.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:28 AM   #4  
Slow and steady

have you tried copying and pasting the link and sending it to her to see if she can get in that way?
Old 08-28-2002, 10:33 AM   #5  

YES!
Old 08-28-2002, 10:38 AM   #6  
Post acholic!

Sorry no help here either, im AOL, i hope that she can get in soon
Old 08-28-2002, 10:50 AM   #7  

Yes us aol people never have any problem with anything
Old 08-28-2002, 10:54 AM   #8  
Slow and steady

Don't have any more idea's now then, that's my knowledge of computering! Delaney, hope you get to come back soon....we miss you.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:42 AM   #9  
it's always something

I asked someone to check the DNS for me and they said:

"I have just checked all 13 of the servers that deal with all .com resolutions and your name server data has fully propagated, I can only assume that your customers that are going to the old IP is because their ISP has this information cached somewhere. This should have timed out by now (I think you said you changed it 10 days ago) but I think some ISP's hang on to it longer than they should"

So this means we have to wait it out. I can put a redirect on the old site to send people here via the IP address. However, the info on the old server is going to be wiped clean at the end of this month since we cancelled that server, so the redirect will be gone too.

Hopefully, the various ISP's will have updated by then.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:27 PM   #10  
Theres no stopping me now

OK have my support head on here. Sounds like it could be a problem the cache file at BT still holding the old 3FC URL. But this should have been overwritten by now.

Has Delaney logged a call with the BT Internet support telling them she can't get into her favourite site. She probably doesn't want to phone them about it as they'll keep her hanging around for ages and not answer anything, but for most ISPs you can contact them from their website if you can get in

A couple of thoughts.

Option 1 - clear out cookies and temporary internet folders on the C drive of the PC. Means that any site that Mel and Mr Delaney go into and are automatically logged into, they will need to reenter their usernames and passwords next time they go in.

Depending on the version of windows being used the folders will be the c drive somewhere. C:\windows or in windows 2000 c:\documents & settings\administrator (or whoever they log in as). Just go into the folders and delete everything. Should clear any conflicts

Option 2 - In internet explorer click on the Tools drop down menu and select option at the bottom of the menu. Click on the security tab and choose the Internet option from the picture list at the top of the window - think it is a globe. Under security level for this zone, click on the marker bar and drag it until medium is displayed.

have run out of ideas, if none of these work is delaney getting an error message when she tries to connect and is it only this site she is having trouble with ??

Hope some of this is some use
Old 08-28-2002, 04:27 PM   #11  

Hi Girls,
I have tiscali as my server and never get any problems with them.I used to have world on line and they were always booting me off had terrible time. Nor being very good with the workings of this machine have no help to suggest. Hope all is werll with everyone
Viv
Closed Thread